The Student Room Group

University of St Andrews A100 2022 Entry

Hi there, thanks for checking out this thread. This is the 2022 Entry discussion for University of St Andrews A100.

We're now onto the 2023 application cycle, you can find the 2023 thread here. Of course, you are still welcome to browse this thread as well, but please post in the 2023 one if you have questions about St Andrews.
:biggrin:

Welcome to the University of St Andrews A100 2022 Entry Discussion.

St Andrews A100 2021 thread: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6560840

For general information click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...cine-bsc-a100/

For entry requirements click: https://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/subject...-requirements/

St Andrews A100 2022 Offer Holders: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7177728

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for or post group chat links.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I just did my ucat today and got 2860 and band 2,
do you think I have a chance ?
Original post by Shaghayegh.sk
Hi I just did my ucat today and got 2860 and band 2,
do you think I have a chance ?

We would need your full stats and to know if you are Scottish, RUK or International to comment.
Hello!
I wondered if there was any point applying twice to St. Andrews - once for ancient history and another for history. Would my application be considered twice or would it just go to the same department and thus be disregarded?
Reply 4
Hello, RUK student here with 2930 UCAT (Band2)- preference for the English route.
A - level results are 3A* (achieved) in Biology, Chem and History.
GCSE's are 98877777776

What are my chances as I really love the uni and course layout?
Original post by indianasharp
Hello!
I wondered if there was any point applying twice to St. Andrews - once for ancient history and another for history. Would my application be considered twice or would it just go to the same department and thus be disregarded?

This thread is for medicine, none of us will know!
Original post by becausethenight
We would need your full stats and to know if you are Scottish, RUK or International to comment.

you are right, sorry.
GCSE:
Maths (IGCSE): 9
further maths ( aqa level 2 certificate ): 9
bio: 9
chem: 9
physics: 9
Persian: 9
computer science: 8
Religious studies : 7
English as a second language (IGCSE): 7
Englihs langauge: 5
Alevel predictions:
Bio: A
Chem:A*
Maths: A*
Further maths: A*
UCAT:
2860 and B2

I am a student from England and no contextual points.
thank you
Hi, I am an england student, I have got 2620 and a B3 in ucat. My A lvl pred are : A*A*AA, and gcses:98777766554. I have a 5 in eng language so thats why wanna apply to atleast 2 unis requiring a 5. How much of a chance will I have with it? I receive FSM so might have contectual points. Also my friend told me that one of his friend got and offer from st andrews with 618 score in 2019, so Im thinking I might have a chance. Otherwise the only options, st georges, barts, anglia ruskin, hull york and plymouth. Currentl my firm choices are ARU, Barts, Plymouth and 4th one I an considering.
Hello, I was just wondering whether I stand a chance for medicine at Andrews. (I am an English applicant and no contextual points)
UCAT: 2840 B2
A levels: 3A*s achieved in biology, chemistry and geography
GCSE's: 9999999997A*A*
Any help would be appreciated!
Hi,

I am an international applicant. My stats are
GCSE: 6A* (English, literature, Math, Double Science, Global Pers), 2 A (Econs, Music) 1 B (chinese)
Predicted: HL 666 (Chem, Bio, Econs), SL 666 (Eng, Math, Chinese)
UCAT: 2670 SJT Band 2

Would it be worthwhile to pick St Andrews as one of my choices?
Reply 10
Hi, thanks for being helpful to students like us @GANFYD

I am an international students, will still be age 17 (Sep 2022) and considering St. Andrews as a shortlist. Would value your views

1. iGCSE: Advanced Mathematics - A*, Extended Mathematics - A*, Chemistry - A*, Biology - A*, Physics - A*, Computer Science - A*, French - A, Eng Literature - A and Eng Language - B
2. IB Predicted: Chemistry HL - 7, Biology HL-7, Mathematics AA HL -7, Economics SL -7, English SL - 6, French - 5
3. UCAT: 2600, SJT: Band 2

Is this university a good shortlist and the chances of getting an interview call?
Reply 11
I am trying to find out some information about St Andrews A100, and would be very grateful for any assistance.

How many RUK places do people think will be available for 2022?
How many RUK places were there last year?

Thanks for the help. it is greatly appreciated!
you are right, sorry.
GCSE:
Maths (IGCSE): 9
further maths ( aqa level 2 certificate ): 9
bio: 9
chem: 9
physics: 9
Persian: 9
computer science: 8
Religious studies : 7
English as a second language (IGCSE): 7
Englihs langauge: 5
Alevel predictions:
Bio: A
Chem:A*
Maths: A*
Further maths: A*
UCAT:
2860 and B2

I am a student from England and no contextual points.
thank you

@becausethenight I would really appreciate an answer and I understand if you are busy. thank you
@becausethenight I would really appreciate an answer and I understand if you are busy. thank you

I am afraid I do not know very much about Scottish universities’ scoring in detail, which is why I don’t feel able to answer you. @GANFYD may know more or you can have a look at their website and FOI requests yourself too :smile:
@GANFYD @stereotypeasian @A_J_B

I'm applying to St Andrews with 2820 in UCAT. However, I'm concerned that because of the academic requirements. I've got 9998887766A. However, I'm apprehension because of Grade Inflation as I don't know whether St Andrew's uses a UCAT cut-off combined with GCSEs or just a UCAT cut-off.
Reply 15
Original post by Vetrix42
@GANFYD @stereotypeasian @A_J_B

I'm applying to St Andrews with 2820 in UCAT. However, I'm concerned that because of the academic requirements. I've got 9998887766A. However, I'm apprehension because of Grade Inflation as I don't know whether St Andrew's uses a UCAT cut-off combined with GCSEs or just a UCAT cut-off.

Just UCAT cut off, provided you have 5 x 7s at GCSE and minimum A level requirements
Original post by GANFYD
Just UCAT cut off, provided you have 5 x 7s at GCSE and minimum A level requirements

What was the cut-off for RUK?
Reply 17
I have a UCAT of 2700. RUK student. Is that competitive enough?
Reply 18
Original post by Vetrix42
What was the cut-off for RUK?

Last year, it seemed pretty high on the threads, probably around 2800, but I have seen nothing official. Have a plough through the thread and let us know what you find! Bear in mind they augment WP by 10%
Original post by becausethenight
I am afraid I do not know very much about Scottish universities’ scoring in detail, which is why I don’t feel able to answer you. @GANFYD may know more or you can have a look at their website and FOI requests yourself too :smile:

thank you so much! I appreciate the time you put

Latest

Trending

Trending