The Student Room Group

Can I have a second opinion for my uni choices pls? - medicine

My GCSE grades are 7 in maths, history and English language, 6 in everything else but stats in which I have a 5. I also took double science instead of single sciences.
My UCAT score: 2280 B2
A level prediction: AAA or AAB (only because I am unsure what my math teacher will put for my predicted but she briefly mentioned that it could be either a b or an a)

I am well aware that my ucat score is really low and it sucks since I spent so much time on it and ended up not getting the results I wanted. I honestly don’t really know what else to do, I am considering either taking a gap year or going abroad if I don't get into medicine. Work experience wise I have virtual ones such as BSMS work experience and observe GP. I was also a sports leader at my previous school as well as being a peer mentor.

My uni choices so far are: Cardiff, kent and Medway, Plymouth and aston.

Do I have any chance to get into medicine with these results? Also is a foundation year something I should take into consideration?
Original post by pain lol
My GCSE grades are 7 in maths, history and English language, 6 in everything else but stats in which I have a 5. I also took double science instead of single sciences.
A level prediction: AAA or AAB (only because I am unsure what my math teacher will put for my predicted but she briefly mentioned that it could be either a b or an a)

I am well aware that my ucat score is really low and it sucks since I spent so much time on it and ended up not getting the results I wanted. I honestly don’t really know what else to do, I am considering either taking a gap year or going abroad if I don't get into medicine. Work experience wise I have virtual ones such as BSMS work experience and observe GP. I was also a sports leader at my previous school as well as being a peer mentor.

Do I have any chance to get into medicine with these results? Also is a foundation year something I should take into consideration?

I would say to check grade requirements on the uni's website and apply if you see that it is possible for you to get it. Even if you do not get it, you srill have the other options and if you still do not get into any, apply through clearing and they will probably offer you a foundation year

I'm in a similar situation
I got 97776666
A LEVEls I got AAA n A*
I have the same work experience as u
Dont know what to do
Reply 3
Original post by tecna
I'm in a similar situation
I got 97776666
A LEVEls I got AAA n A*
I have the same work experience as u
Dont know what to do

There’s a uni compare website you could use to compare GCSEs, a levels etc: https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/comparisontool/
Have you talked to your career teacher? I am considering applying this year and if I don’t get in I’ll take a gap year and gain some work experience and try the ucat again. But honestly I don’t really know what else to do my career teacher told me to look at other degrees and stuff so that’s pretty cool lol. Have you talked to your teachers about it?
There’s a uni compare website you could use to compare GCSEs, a levels etc: https://www.themedicportal.com/application-guide/choosing-a-medical-school/comparisontool/
Have you talked to your career teacher? I am considering applying this year and if I don’t get in I’ll take a gap year and gain some work experience and try the ucat again. But honestly I don’t really know what else to do my career teacher told me to look at other degrees and stuff so that’s pretty cool lol. Have you talked to your teachers about it?

Lmao our advisor in skwl isnt that gud
Reply 5
Original post by tecna
Lmao our advisor in skwl isnt that gud

I’m sorry to hear that: have you tried watching YouTube videos on medicine? Also have you considered taking a gap year? Have you looked at any unis that you are interested in? You could probably email unis or call them up and ask about your grades and ucat score.

Moved to the medicine forum
Don't apply to Cardiff as they are very GCSE heavy. Plymouth requires A*AA so that's also off the table. Have you considered taking tha BMAT?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending