The Student Room Group

Feeling like I might struggle this year

Had a rough time last year as I spent months locked away in my flat alone, so dropped out. Picked myself up again, applied to a new uni and was feeling pretty confident, at least a lot more than I had been. Missed all of freshers as meeting new people on my own is a weakness, and my current flat in halls is not very lively (me included). Was thinking of joining a casual sports club or society but that would need me to overcome quite a bit of social anxiety, so am really dreading this year turning into something that pushes me over the edge again. This is more of a vent than anything but advice would appreciated ^_^
:troll:
Original post by Anonymous
Had a rough time last year as I spent months locked away in my flat alone, so dropped out. Picked myself up again, applied to a new uni and was feeling pretty confident, at least a lot more than I had been. Missed all of freshers as meeting new people on my own is a weakness, and my current flat in halls is not very lively (me included). Was thinking of joining a casual sports club or society but that would need me to overcome quite a bit of social anxiety, so am really dreading this year turning into something that pushes me over the edge again. This is more of a vent than anything but advice would appreciated ^_^

Kinda off topic but when u dropped out how did it affect ur student finance? Did u have to pay any money?
Reply 3
Kinda off topic but when u dropped out how did it affect ur student finance? Did u have to pay any money?

i dropped out during term 3 so i only had to repay the term 3 loan. they will only charge you for overpayment for one term if you drop out during the term, between terms they won't ask for anything, all it does to add to the debt like it would've anyway. because i'm at uni this year, all they did was take a portion of money out of my loans for this year, so i'll have paid all the overpayment by my 3rd term this year
i dropped out during term 3 so i only had to repay the term 3 loan. they will only charge you for overpayment for one term if you drop out during the term, between terms they won't ask for anything, all it does to add to the debt like it would've anyway. because i'm at uni this year, all they did was take a portion of money out of my loans for this year, so i'll have paid all the overpayment by my 3rd term this year

sorry if I sound stupid but waaaait so u didn’t get full funding for this year u mean? So the money u repaid kinda got carried over to ur current course? or did u have to pay twice as in last year term 3 loan and again for this year?? also u had to pay term 3 loan immediately?
Reply 5
sorry if I sound stupid but waaaait so u didn’t get full funding for this year u mean? So the money u repaid kinda got carried over to ur current course? or did u have to pay twice as in last year term 3 loan and again for this year?? also u had to pay term 3 loan immediately?

not immediate, the money i was overpayed stayed in my bank account. they took the money off my loans for this year. only paying once in the form of these reduced loans. i already had the extra money in my account so not being paid in full this year isn't a problem

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending