The Student Room Group

Dear short guys...

I know its weird, but it makes me feel terrible knowing that there are so many guys out there who feel insecure about their height because some women prefer to date tall guys. I just wanted you all to know that you honestly shouldn't feel bad about it. You've probably heard it a million times, but think about it, no matter what kind of body you have, it's honestly what's on the inside that matters, as cheesy and cliche as it is. Coming from a 5'3 woman, I honestly, without a doubt, cross my heart, do not care about a guy's height, and many women, even ones taller than me, would agree; they just want to be with a guy who's nice, doesn't smell, has a pulse, and suchlike. Heck, I've had a friend who's dated a 5'6 man and she's 5'9, and they seemed pretty happy for as long as I've known them, not once did she grumbe about his height. So yeah, sorry for the longish post.

TL;DR: don't beat yourself up for something you can't control, you'll eventually find a woman who appreciates you for you.

Scroll to see replies

I'm 5'4 and it ****ing sucks that so many women seem to like guys much taller than me like 5'10+ or something. Even women that are like 4'8 want big ass guys. I've learned to just accept thats reality and i'm not the "ideal." A lot of guys taller than me usually have a big ego and are pricks so its amazing how women tend to think that if a guy is somehow bigger hes automatically perfect and its shallow. Short guys usually get overlooked and its not like we can magically become taller. At my height, about 80 - 85% of women would reject me on my height alone. Most women I come across are usually around my height or taller, 5'2+. They usually want a guy a few inches taller, i'm obviously not of consideration.

It is what it is, this world sucks and a lot of people are full of ****. As far as I know, the only short guys that actually succeed with women are good looking with good bodies. I'm boringly average face wise, my body is pretty bad too, don't really ****ing care though and i'm not changing for anyone. People tell me to go to the gym to get more attractive, but why the hell should I do that? Why should any short guy have to compensate? Its unfortunate but we can't really be the judge of ourselves and we don't determine our own attractiveness, other people do. You can't marry or be in a relationship with yourself, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.
these threads are straight out of netflix's tall girl universe
Original post by ammarqureshi55
I'm 5'4 and it ****ing sucks that so many women seem to like guys much taller than me like 5'10+ or something. Even women that are like 4'8 want big ass guys. I've learned to just accept thats reality and i'm not the "ideal." A lot of guys taller than me usually have a big ego and are pricks so its amazing how women tend to think that if a guy is somehow bigger hes automatically perfect and its shallow. Short guys usually get overlooked and its not like we can magically become taller. At my height, about 80 - 85% of women would reject me on my height alone. Most women I come across are usually around my height or taller, 5'2+. They usually want a guy a few inches taller, i'm obviously not of consideration.

It is what it is, this world sucks and a lot of people are full of ****. As far as I know, the only short guys that actually succeed with women are good looking with good bodies. I'm boringly average face wise, my body is pretty bad too, don't really ****ing care though and i'm not changing for anyone. People tell me to go to the gym to get more attractive, but why the hell should I do that? Why should any short guy have to compensate? Its unfortunate but we can't really be the judge of ourselves and we don't determine our own attractiveness, other people do. You can't marry or be in a relationship with yourself, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.

Yeah it’s gonna be hard for you sorry
Original post by Anonymous
I know its weird, but it makes me feel terrible knowing that there are so many guys out there who feel insecure about their height because some women prefer to date tall guys. I just wanted you all to know that you honestly shouldn't feel bad about it. You've probably heard it a million times, but think about it, no matter what kind of body you have, it's honestly what's on the inside that matters, as cheesy and cliche as it is. Coming from a 5'3 woman, I honestly, without a doubt, cross my heart, do not care about a guy's height, and many women, even ones taller than me, would agree; they just want to be with a guy who's nice, doesn't smell, has a pulse, and suchlike. Heck, I've had a friend who's dated a 5'6 man and she's 5'9, and they seemed pretty happy for as long as I've known them, not once did she grumbe about his height. So yeah, sorry for the longish post.

TL;DR: don't beat yourself up for something you can't control, you'll eventually find a woman who appreciates you for you.

After typing all this you find out it 'just so happens' her boyfriend is 6"3
I literally saw a 4 foot guy just before this
We need more people like this
Original post by Lenglet
Don't worry mate, women are desperate AF. Even just simply having money makes a woman go crazy! You'll see pretty 20 year old girls dating 40/50 year old ugly men just because of it. Even when unattracted to the guy! Just remember this, Women scientifically age faster/like milk and have a biological clock. This isn't just based on phrases like 'men age like fine wine whilst women age like milk' (although it's kinda true). Most women just look like pale dead fished without being caked in makeup! After 30 the face looks old and washed, and after 30/35 the eggs are fried up. A woman that can't even fulfill her basic biological role of having children is useless! Theres a reason men (of all ages) prefer dating younger women, especially pretty, youthful fertile women in their 20s. You are only a few inches under the national average 5'9 so it's not all that bad. You will get better looking facially as you go older and acquire more money so you can easily get a woman to date you.

U sound soooo bitter..
Original post by Lenglet
Don't worry mate, women are desperate AF. Even just simply having money makes a woman go crazy! You'll see pretty 20 year old girls dating 40/50 year old ugly men just because of it. Even when unattracted to the guy! Just remember this, Women scientifically age faster/like milk and have a biological clock. This isn't just based on phrases like 'men age like fine wine whilst women age like milk' (although it's kinda true). Most women just look like pale dead fished without being caked in makeup! After 30 the face looks old and washed, and after 30/35 the eggs are fried up. A woman that can't even fulfill her basic biological role of having children is useless! Theres a reason men (of all ages) prefer dating younger women, especially pretty, youthful fertile women in their 20s. You are only a few inches under the national average 5'9 so it's not all that bad. You will get better looking facially as you go older and acquire more money so you can easily get a woman to date you.

Wow, what a charmer. I'm sure you're getting tons of attention from the ladies with this attitude.
Original post by Lenglet
Sorry it was long btw, i was just stating facts. Read it again, its quite thought provoking!

I genuinely can’t tell if ur trying to be funny or serious…
Original post by Lenglet
Sorry it was long btw, i was just stating facts. Read it again, its quite thought provoking!

More like brain hurting.
Original post by user929383
I genuinely can’t tell if ur trying to be funny or serious…

Original post by Moonlight Rain
More like brain hurting.

More like TROOOOLLLLING :colonhash:

Nice lies.
Original post by germain777
Buddy, just be rich and then go to a third world country or asia. Everyone there is broke and you can easily choose the prettiest woman you want. they aren't shallow like western women and their average heights are lower than western countries too. So you can easily can get a shorter woman that is pretty. Western women are too masculine/entitled and career-oriented anyway. Most don't even want to be mothers and take care of the children like an actual woman. Go to asia

Its true a lot of Western women want the perfect guy. He has to make good money, be good looking, pretty much be significantly taller than the women by like 8+ inches, 7 inch or higher ****, and w/e other ********. Even shorter women in Asia are height obsessed too. Most women are. Short women are actually more height obsessed than anything in general. The only women that short guys can get are probably fat women.
Sometimes being pessimistic is how reality actually is and the real world ****ing sucks. The only short guys that do succeed are ones that are good looking with good bodies. If you're average looking as a short guy forget it, its going to be hard. Taller guys can get away with looking average or even ugly, short guys can't. Its true though that as a short guy you have to be rich to be attractive, wth can you do though? Such is life
I had an awakening recently and found out that guys my height are perfect 5ft5. As soon as their head starts towering over mine there's just something that doesn't sit right. Maybe it's my warped sense of wanting some control

This is not backed by stats. That said, I don't think the stats are reliable.

It is bad on dating sites. In the real world... not so much.

In the real world, you are practically limited by how many 'options' you can explore in a finite amount of time. Online, you can flick through 50 profiles per minute if you try hard enough. It means people are far more choosy online than is practical for them to be. And the way dating works online is that the 'advantage' is on women's side in regards to the choosiness. It's not much of an advantage though as it has remarkable downsides too.
Original post by ammarqureshi55

I do not think a woman who does not want to date a man shoter than her is shallow. She has her preferences. Unfortunately, a lot of women prefer a man taller than them and will overlook a man shorter. They have their preferences.
Reply 18

I think I just found an angel... 😂
Thanks for being so nice to short ones
OP reminding me of snow white and the seven dwarves. Who was basically a 14 year old maid to those dwarves btw

Latest

Trending

Trending