The Student Room Group

Gradebusters: The SEQUEL! (A Year 11 GyG: 2021-2022)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Mid-Week Update: Tuesday 12th October 2021!

Today I had a geography trip! :train:

It was meant to be an overnight trip to Scarborough where we did fieldwork but ended up having to be a day trip to a local beach because of covid restrictions and stuff, but it was still fun and I enjoyed it! :smile: We aren't going to be looking at our findings from the trip until after our mocks/PPEs in November though!

I also got my biology test back!

The result was:

Spoiler

I consider that to be a considerably okay score! I made so many silly, silly :eviltongue: mistakes (I literally said that chromosomes were found in the cytoplasm instead of the nucleus!!! HOW?!?!:argh: the silliest mistake I've made EVER! *facepalm*:shifty: ) and lost a few marks due to not explaining properly, but those are both things I'm working on! overall, I'm not devastated with the score I got (though it could be far better) and I'm just going to keep on learning from my mistakes and trying my best! :crossedf: I'm going to use these test questions as revision in future (especially 5 and 6 markers) so I can get more used to the exam techniques.

I've also completed my daily tassomai tasks for the day, meaning I'm on track to completing my goal of doing tassomai every day this week, and eventually, every day without fail (I just need a starting point lol):gthumb:

Spoiler

Anyways, that's it for today, so I'll see you in the next update! <3

If you'd like to be sent a notification every time I create another post, let me know, and I'll tag you below!

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by yemisi.ogun
Yes, I absolutely love charity shopping!!! More environmentally-friendly and I've got quite a few great ones in my area that I love shopping at :smile: I've tried to reduce how much I buy from charity shops though because clothes are clothes and overconsumption is overconsumption, even if it's "sustainable" lol.

And yes, actually! I've shown it to playwright Jennifer Farmer who was the playwright assigned to assist those of us participating in the National Theatre competition! She's awesome and basically said she loves the dynamics I'm building in my work:redface: And yes, I struggle so much to learn lines! I don't know how they do it! As far as fave films and/or plays.... hmm... I quite like romances (but the ones with tragic endings, I hate the gushy ones) like Titanic, Romeo and Juliet (of course!) and The Fault in Our Stars and the Importance of Being Earnest is a play I quite like too!

Yes I don’t like people who splash out on things they don’t even need, they already have their basic needs, anything more is unnecessary unless it’s sentimental.

When is the play due to be entered? Ahaha that’s funny, but even the Titanic, the characters I hear are quite stupid. I read the fault in our stars and IT WAS SAD. Do you cry in films/reading books?
Mid-Week Update: Tuesday 12th October 2021!

Today I had a geography trip! :train:

It was meant to be an overnight trip to Scarborough where we did fieldwork but ended up having to be a day trip to a local beach because of covid restrictions and stuff, but it was still fun and I enjoyed it! :smile: We aren't going to be looking at our findings from the trip until after our mocks/PPEs in November though!

I also got my biology test back!

The result was:

Spoiler

I consider that to be a considerably okay score! I made so many silly, silly :eviltongue: mistakes (I literally said that chromosomes were found in the cytoplasm instead of the nucleus!!! HOW?!?!:argh: the silliest mistake I've made EVER! *facepalm*:shifty: ) and lost a few marks due to not explaining properly, but those are both things I'm working on! overall, I'm not devastated with the score I got (though it could be far better) and I'm just going to keep on learning from my mistakes and trying my best! :crossedf: I'm going to use these test questions as revision in future (especially 5 and 6 markers) so I can get more used to the exam techniques.

I've also completed my daily tassomai tasks for the day, meaning I'm on track to completing my goal of doing tassomai every day this week, and eventually, every day without fail (I just need a starting point lol):gthumb:

Spoiler

Anyways, that's it for today, so I'll see you in the next update! <3

If you'd like to be sent a notification every time I create another post, let me know, and I'll tag you below!

Spoiler

I never got to go on any fieldwork trips due to this stupid virus -_- Scarborough sounds like it would have been cool though, shame you missed that.

Well done on bio wooooo!! I swear bio markschemes are so eVIL
Reply 43
Original post by 3ggfriedrice
Yes I don’t like people who splash out on things they don’t even need, they already have their basic needs, anything more is unnecessary unless it’s sentimental.

When is the play due to be entered? Ahaha that’s funny, but even the Titanic, the characters I hear are quite stupid. I read the fault in our stars and IT WAS SAD. Do you cry in films/reading books?

The play is due to be entered in April, I believe? :smile:

And no, what you’ve heard about Titanic IS correct lol, but the premise is really interesting to me.

I don’t tend to cry in films, but I have cried reading books before haha. *Especially* reading book endings. ugh those can be really gut-wrenching <\3 what are your fave books/films? i kinda want to get back into reading (firstly it’s good for my overall articulation and vocabulary, but it’s also just super fun and relaxing), but haven’t had the time, so some book/film recs (if you have any) might encourage me to actually do stuff hahah :smile:))
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 44
I never got to go on any fieldwork trips due to this stupid virus -_- Scarborough sounds like it would have been cool though, shame you missed that.

Well done on bio wooooo!! I swear bio markschemes are so eVIL

oh nooo that’s so unfortunate :,( i guess i’m lucky i got to do any fieldwork at all😅

and thank you so much! :smile:)) yes, biology mark-schemes are VERY evil. they are like painfully word-specific </3 when we go through test answers in class, i always feel like i’ve been scammed or cheated loool. i really want to get to the point where i can sense what exactly the exam board is looking for from me and be succinct, as i tend to write a lot of stuff that isn’t even getting me marks! the tricky bit is deciding what’s too much and what’s too little though. i think i write a lot to overcompensate *just in case*, but it just ends up rambles and i miss out on marks regardless😭 i don’t really know how to work on that… i think i just have to do loads of exam questions and last papers and analyse the mark schemes?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 45
Mid-Week Update: Wednesday 13th October 2021!

I have my german speaking exam today! >.<

I am absolutely terrified because it’s the first speaking exam that I’ve ever done, but it’s also the first I’m being graded on!

Even worse, this grade contributes to my November mocks/PPEs…. (I think I’ve said this before, but they don’t want the speaking to be after or during the actual mocks, so it’s now)

MY ACTUAL MOCKS??!!@£:

Anyways, i’ll let you know how it goes after school! <3 wish me luck! :smile: ☘️

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 46
Mid-Week Update: Thursday 14th October 2021!

Sorry I didn't update you guys yesterday! </3
It was a tiring day:bored: (as are all my days as of late lol) and I literally passed out as soon as I got home!:sleep:

But! as you may or may not know, I did my German-speaking exam for my mocks yesterday (the actual ones in November they didn't want us doing speaking exams during) and.... :dots:

Spoiler

I am honestly so happy with this score, I cannot find the words to describe it:dancing:I often doubt myself a lot and underestimate my skills, but German is one of the subjects that comes more naturally to me and I work really hard on, so I'm so glad the work has paid off! :smile:

This mock speaking exam has definitely made me feel a lot more confident about the continued ones in November, not only for German, but all other subjects :yeah: I really began to believe I was humanly incapable of achieving good grades, but now I've consolidated that if I work hard, I can get the grades I want, I think I can proceed with my studies believing in myself haha. This sounds really dramatic, but it honestly became really draining always only getting subpar grades, so kicking off my mocks with the TOP GRADE in the entire year for German makes me really happy!! :blush: so indescribably happy!

anyways, moving on:
I have a maths unit test tomorrow!~ >.<

I'm not too worried though, as the unit is algebraic proof, which is a really minuscule unit - we've literally been able to cover it in three lessons lol! I think I understand it pretty well, so hopefully :crossedf: it goes okay! I'm aiming for around 80%! I Will let you know how that goes and if I reach that goal! <3

Anyways, that's it for today's update! Will see you all later! MWAH! :lips::lovehug:

If you'd like to be sent a notification every time I create another post, let me know, and I'll tag/quote you below!

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)

It was a tiring day:bored: (as are all my days as of late lol) and I literally passed out as soon as I got home!:sleep:

But! as you may or may not know, I did my German-speaking exam for my mocks yesterday (the actual ones in November they didn't want us doing speaking exams during) and.... :dots:

Spoiler

I am honestly so happy with this score, I cannot find the words to describe it:dancing:I often doubt myself a lot and underestimate my skills, but German is one of the subjects that comes more naturally to me and I work really hard on, so I'm so glad the work has paid off! :smile:

This mock speaking exam has definitely made me feel a lot more confident about the continued ones in November, not only for German, but all other subjects :yeah: I really began to believe I was humanly incapable of achieving good grades, but now I've consolidated that if I work hard, I can get the grades I want, I think I can proceed with my studies believing in myself haha. This sounds really dramatic, but it honestly became really draining always only getting subpar grades, so kicking off my mocks with the TOP GRADE in the entire year for German makes me really happy!! :blush: so indescribably happy!

anyways, moving on:

I'm not too worried though, as the unit is algebraic proof, which is a really minuscule unit - we've literally been able to cover it in three lessons lol! I think I understand it pretty well, so hopefully :crossedf: it goes okay! I'm aiming for around 80%! I Will let you know how that goes and if I reach that goal! <3

Anyways, that's it for today's update! Will see you all later! MWAH! :lips::lovehug:

If you'd like to be sent a notification every time I create another post, let me know, and I'll tag/quote you below!

Spoiler

MEGA CONGRATULATIONS for getting the top grade in German - I’m so happy for you! Good luck for the maths test too - you‘re gonna smash this!

Spoiler

anyways, moving on:

Spoiler

WOOOOO I’m glad I don’t have to do German now, everyone hated the speaking part 😂 Das ist wunderbar!

Proof is annoying, but sounds like you feel confident :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by Icosagon
MEGA CONGRATULATIONS for getting the top grade in German - I’m so happy for you! Good luck for the maths test too - you‘re gonna smash this!

thank you so much! :smile: the maths test went really well! I'll take about it in my post in a sec <3
Reply 50
WOOOOO I’m glad I don’t have to do German now, everyone hated the speaking part 😂 Das ist wunderbar!

Proof is annoying, but sounds like you feel confident :smile:

yes you're very lucky you don't have to do german anymore haha!:biggrin: and thank you, I am v/ proud of my score!!

and yes, I was fairly confident on the proof test, and it seems it was for valid reasons as I got a really good score!!! will let you know what it was in my update haha :smile:
Reply 51
gradebusters (2).png
Weekly Big Update (Every Sunday but it's on Tuesday instead today because my organisational skills suck and I was stressed at the weekend:nooo:)

hey guys! here’s this week’s big update, just on Tuesday instead of Sunday lol:tongue:

Reflection On Last Week + Goals for this Week

To be succinct, I didn’t successfully complete any of the tasks I set myself last week.:sigh:

It’s been a few weeks of me having these same goals, and I am appalled (really, truly appalled) :lolwut: that I haven’t been able to organise myself in a way whereby I could get them done.

It’s weird. :confused: It feels like there physically aren’t enough hours in the day for me to complete this stuff, but I know that’s not the case, and that I just suck miserably at prioritising.

Really, all I have to do is:

Spoiler

But somehow I’m failing at that?? :argh:

I think it may be helpful if I start setting myself daily goals out of the weekly goals, so I don’t leave all of the weekly goals to be done at the weekend, and then end up completing none when the school week burns me out and I feel like doing absolutely nothing.

if I say “today you’ll do [one of the big weekly goals] for an hour after school” I may be more likely to complete it. planning also makes me feel really productive, and feeling productive makes me feel happy and fulfilled and like I’m taking active strides to better my education and like I won’t fail my GCSEs and end up jobless and depressed (yes, that’s how drastic my thinking process is:headfire:).

so that’s the plan! I’m going to some kind of checklist/task to track my activities and make sure I get stuff done, and I’ll probably write my daily intentions on this blog as well so you can see I’m getting stuff done :smile:

anyways, my goals for this week are the same as the ones for last week, however, they really have to get done as:

Spoiler

so yeah, completing my goals this week is pretty important.

as for tassomai, I’m finding I remember to do it some days, and completely forget others, which I won’t beat myself up about as I just need to get into a routine.

okay, that’s it! now for mocks :shot:

mocks
so, as I’ve mentioned a few times in previous posts, mocks are in November, a week or so after we return from half term, which starts this coming Monday (basically, this week is my last until half term). I’m feeling confident that I can do okay in these exams if I do everything right, but based on prior experiences of mine, I do fear my bad organisational skills, tendency to overthink, and other bad habits will prevent me from doing as such, with me instead getting everything wrong.:emo:

I’ve really got to overcome this negative mindset and just plough through though. I’m going to plan well so there are no late nights and breakdowns in the future.:yy:

We haven’t been told much about mocks, or what we’re doing for each subject, except for geography which we’ve been told is going to be on paper 3. that’s great because now I only have to revise paper 3 content.

With the other subjects (for now) I have to just revise everything and hope I’m not revising all the wrong stuff.:dontknow:

I guess that either way, it’d be me retaining knowledge that will 100% be included in my actual GCSEs, so I should try to look from a broader perspective.:wink:

I will let you know more about mocks and my preparation for them later :smile:

extracurriculars
I thought it’d be good for me to disclose some extracurricular activities I’ve undertaken this year, as they go hand in hand with my studies, in that they require time, commitment and concentration that could interfere with my education if I’m not careful.

comedy of errors (school play): I’ve been given a lead role for this production, meaning I will have more work to do, lines to learn and rehearsals to attend etc., but the production is completely finished by February, so I have a clear window free in the months prior to my exams. rehearsals are every Thursday after school, plus additional occasional rehearsals at lunchtime for specific scenes and characters. to me, this seems completely manageable.

new views: this is a national theatre competition for young playwrights! we’re required to write a 30-minute play with a story of our choice (though they encourage us to draw from personal experience). the winner gets their play staged, directed and performed by the national theatre company, which is an absolutely amazing opportunity! I did it last year but didn’t end up submitting my play as I didn’t consider it finished, so this year is my chance to perfect and refine it! it’s a body of work that means a lot to me and that I’d like to do justice, so the time is worth it! the club is every Tuesday at lunchtime, and outside of school, I have to spend additional time writing my play. I feel this is also manageable with good time management. also, my play is already half done, so I don’t have as hard a task as others.

LAMDA: basically an acting exam. I have practice sessions for it every Thursday and the exam is in May. now, I did consider not doing it because it’s so close to my exams, BUT the exam itself is less than an hour, and my preparation for the exam is an hour weekly, which is fairly okay. again, it all balls down to my organisational skills! it should be manageable.

I think any other activities would be pushing it, so I will refrain from making any other extracurricular activities as my GCSEs are a priority this year!

>>> My GCSEs :crown:

okay well, that’s it for my weekly update, I believe! see you later <3 :heart:

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
gradebusters (2).png
Weekly Big Update (Every Sunday but it's on Tuesday instead today because my organisational skills suck and I was stressed at the weekend:nooo:)

hey guys! here’s this week’s big update, just on Tuesday instead of Sunday lol:tongue:

Reflection On Last Week + Goals for this Week

To be succinct, I didn’t successfully complete any of the tasks I set myself last week.:sigh:

It’s been a few weeks of me having these same goals, and I am appalled (really, truly appalled) :lolwut: that I haven’t been able to organise myself in a way whereby I could get them done.

It’s weird. :confused: It feels like there physically aren’t enough hours in the day for me to complete this stuff, but I know that’s not the case, and that I just suck miserably at prioritising.

Really, all I have to do is:

Spoiler

But somehow I’m failing at that?? :argh:

I think it may be helpful if I start setting myself daily goals out of the weekly goals, so I don’t leave all of the weekly goals to be done at the weekend, and then end up completing none when the school week burns me out and I feel like doing absolutely nothing.

if I say “today you’ll do [one of the big weekly goals] for an hour after school” I may be more likely to complete it. planning also makes me feel really productive, and feeling productive makes me feel happy and fulfilled and like I’m taking active strides to better my education and like I won’t fail my GCSEs and end up jobless and depressed (yes, that’s how drastic my thinking process is:headfire:).

so that’s the plan! I’m going to some kind of checklist/task to track my activities and make sure I get stuff done, and I’ll probably write my daily intentions on this blog as well so you can see I’m getting stuff done :smile:

anyways, my goals for this week are the same as the ones for last week, however, they really have to get done as:

Spoiler

so yeah, completing my goals this week is pretty important.

as for tassomai, I’m finding I remember to do it some days, and completely forget others, which I won’t beat myself up about as I just need to get into a routine.

okay, that’s it! now for mocks :shot:

mocks
so, as I’ve mentioned a few times in previous posts, mocks are in November, a week or so after we return from half term, which starts this coming Monday (basically, this week is my last until half term). I’m feeling confident that I can do okay in these exams if I do everything right, but based on prior experiences of mine, I do fear my bad organisational skills, tendency to overthink, and other bad habits will prevent me from doing as such, with me instead getting everything wrong.:emo:

I’ve really got to overcome this negative mindset and just plough through though. I’m going to plan well so there are no late nights and breakdowns in the future.:yy:

We haven’t been told much about mocks, or what we’re doing for each subject, except for geography which we’ve been told is going to be on paper 3. that’s great because now I only have to revise paper 3 content.

With the other subjects (for now) I have to just revise everything and hope I’m not revising all the wrong stuff.:dontknow:

I guess that either way, it’d be me retaining knowledge that will 100% be included in my actual GCSEs, so I should try to look from a broader perspective.:wink:

I will let you know more about mocks and my preparation for them later :smile:

extracurriculars
I thought it’d be good for me to disclose some extracurricular activities I’ve undertaken this year, as they go hand in hand with my studies, in that they require time, commitment and concentration that could interfere with my education if I’m not careful.

comedy of errors (school play): I’ve been given a lead role for this production, meaning I will have more work to do, lines to learn and rehearsals to attend etc., but the production is completely finished by February, so I have a clear window free in the months prior to my exams. rehearsals are every Thursday after school, plus additional occasional rehearsals at lunchtime for specific scenes and characters. to me, this seems completely manageable.

new views: this is a national theatre competition for young playwrights! we’re required to write a 30-minute play with a story of our choice (though they encourage us to draw from personal experience). the winner gets their play staged, directed and performed by the national theatre company, which is an absolutely amazing opportunity! I did it last year but didn’t end up submitting my play as I didn’t consider it finished, so this year is my chance to perfect and refine it! it’s a body of work that means a lot to me and that I’d like to do justice, so the time is worth it! the club is every Tuesday at lunchtime, and outside of school, I have to spend additional time writing my play. I feel this is also manageable with good time management. also, my play is already half done, so I don’t have as hard a task as others.

LAMDA: basically an acting exam. I have practice sessions for it every Thursday and the exam is in May. now, I did consider not doing it because it’s so close to my exams, BUT the exam itself is less than an hour, and my preparation for the exam is an hour weekly, which is fairly okay. again, it all balls down to my organisational skills! it should be manageable.

I think any other activities would be pushing it, so I will refrain from making any other extracurricular activities as my GCSEs are a priority this year!

>>> My GCSEs :crown:

okay well, that’s it for my weekly update, I believe! see you later <3 :heart:

Spoiler

How’s half term been? With responsibilities, tips from Holly Gabrielle on YouTube include:

- to do list of tasks to reach towards your academic goals, remembering to break them into smaller, more precise instructions (e.g “revise trig values” instead of “revise maths”)
- within that to do list, you can arrange them into a priority list and you could mentally put a price on each to see which is worth spending more time on.
- when you’re spending a long time deciding what to do, jUST DO SMTH, because the sooner you start, the sooner you finish!!
- if you are making a revision timetable, base it around the exam timetable so you are working in order of the exams you are sitting. In theory it should work but I’ve never made one bc I know I wouldn’t stick to it 😂 just remember if you don’t manage to make one, any revision still matters.

Everyone is doing so many extra curriculars in 6th form and I’m just like 😩😩

Hope your HPQ went well btw 😂
Reply 53
Quick Update!

hey guys! I am so so so so so so so so sorry I haven't updated this blog in over two weeks:bawling: It's been a draining two weeks, and I have had neither the time nor energy to open up TSR and write blog posts:s-smilie: I'm going to elaborate on this in a humungous post tomorrow that basically catches you up on everything that's happened in the past 2 weeks and that I failed to update you on (oops....). It's basically going to be like one of my Sunday updates that never actually happen on Sunday lol. Anyways, it's my bedtime now :sleep: , so I'll speak to you all tomorrow, but I want to apologise to you guys again for leaving you high and dry :frown:

I'm especially upset because I was doing so well in posting (fairly) consistently on this blog, and I've only gone and ruined it :/

Okay well I'll actually stop now - more on everything tomorrow <3
(I'll also reply to everyone that's messaged me/replied to me MWAH)

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Quick Update!

hey guys! I am so so so so so so so so sorry I haven't updated this blog in over two weeks:bawling: It's been a draining two weeks, and I have had neither the time nor energy to open up TSR and write blog posts:s-smilie: I'm going to elaborate on this in a humungous post tomorrow that basically catches you up on everything that's happened in the past 2 weeks and that I failed to update you on (oops....). It's basically going to be like one of my Sunday updates that never actually happen on Sunday lol. Anyways, it's my bedtime now :sleep: , so I'll speak to you all tomorrow, but I want to apologise to you guys again for leaving you high and dry :frown:

I'm especially upset because I was doing so well in posting (fairly) consistently on this blog, and I've only gone and ruined it :/

Okay well I'll actually stop now - more on everything tomorrow <3
(I'll also reply to everyone that's messaged me/replied to me MWAH)

Spoiler

Hey, don’t worry! I haven’t updated mine in 2 weeks either lol but everyone knows how irritatingly busy things get this year! Anyway, it’s your blog so your rules :cool:
Reply 55
humungous life update! (because I had a system meltdown and went AWOL for three weeks to try to reform my brain from its mush)

hey guys….. so this is kinda awkward, but I’m back lol!
:creep: << me trying to come back without you guys noticing lmao

As you may or may not have noticed, I was gone for 3/4 weeks…
0 posts, 0 updates, 0 replies to anyone, 0 interaction.
zero.

To be honest, this took even me by surprise, as I had been so consistent with blogging (for the most part) and was really starting to get into the flow of things. I love pouring my thoughts into this blog and speaking with you guys:heart:. I love editing the text, making it bigger, smaller, bolder, and then scrolling through the emoticons before using outrageous amounts of them haha :awesome:

I love it all. :lovedup:

Starting this blog has been nothing but a positive experience for me thus far (I mean, obviously it takes up time, but that hasn’t been something that’s an issue, because I’ve managed to cope with good time management.) so how could I just shut down and stop posting?:coma:

I don’t have a concrete answer for that, but I think it was just a severe case of burnout:headfire:. Towards the end of the half term, I was feeling SO drained:boring:. So drained and tired and emotionally fragile. All the tests, the homework, the new content that’s fumbling my brain….

It made me freak out and abandon ship last minute. That’s why I didn’t give any mid-week updates during the week before the half-term. I was so tired and ready for it to be over. And that’s why I further didn’t give any updates during the half-term. I wanted to rest. I couldn’t find the energy to get up, grab my laptop and type. :dontknow:

now I’m typing away, so I guess I’ve exited my slump (probably because I’m back in school mode and mocks are in less than a week, so I have to be on top of my game), but that’s the explanation for my disappearance. I’m really sorry it happened, especially during half term when I would have had so many opportunities to talk to and engage with you guys, and post pictures of revision, and give updates on my confidence in certain topics and towards mocks in general, but I can assure you, another hiatus is not something that will happen again. thank you for sticking around <3

now, I’m going to tell you about what you missed the week prior to the half-term, and about what I actually did in the half term.

the week prior to half-term

I can't really recall what happened that week, so I’ll only tell you the important bits.

I got two test results back!!!! physics and my maths proof test :biggrin:

maths:

Spoiler

I was (and still am) so so happy with this score:h:, because maths is usually a subject I struggle immensely with:confused:, so I usually come out of most tests (even if they’re only unit tests) expecting low confidence and 50% if it was a good day. granted, this is only a topic test, and so it doesn’t completely reflect my maths skills in general, BUT….. baby steps.:daydreaming: it’s something. I can do something. and I’m going to use that something to motivate me to try harder in maths because maybe I don’t completely suck, and maybe I’d find things easier if I didn’t give up before I started.

physics

Spoiler

also really proud of this! physics is deffo my least favourite of the sciences (it’s not bad, just a bit more maths-y than I’d like, and we’ve already established I hate maths lmao), so this score kind of took me aback but in the best way possible :smile: Not much else to say about that haha.

half term

I did nothing. literally nothing. no homework, no revision. nothing. :dong:
(for the reasons I mentioned earlier)

I tried not to beat myself up about it because doing nothing got me some much-needed rest in time for the fortnight before mocks, where I could really focus my concentration and energy, but it was still disappointing. :frown:

I was able to make progress with my drama portfolio though (God, I have so much to update you on regarding drama) and also (almost) finish my HPQ essay on how the sociology of race and science intersect if they do at all.

but that’s it in terms of the half term!

mocks

so now, how do I feel about mocks? that’s a great question!

well frankly, not as worried as I feel I should be.

obviously, I shouldn’t be stressed or worried over mocks, but for some reason, I’ve got total apathy to the fact that they begin in a few days. on Monday. it’s surreal.

maybe my brain hasn’t processed the fact that these are actually my mocks and not just another classroom assessment.

I don’t feel like I don’t have enough revision time, which is funny (not funny at all, actually) because I’ve barely revised and more time to do so would be ideal to compensate, and I'm also not worried about content for any subjects (except maths, obviously, which I’m feeling better about than I expected I would considering my utter hatred and confusion towards the subject).

I reckon this attitude of mine is because I’m so used to barely revising before a test, most times literally just flicking through notes beforehand, and getting good enough/high grades. this is a really bad habit though. definitely something I need to break out of before my GCSEs:indiff:

we’ve been given topic lists for most subjects and they seem completely attainable??? most are topics I’m generally fine with, and the others just need to be refreshed in my mind. I'll be working on consolidating any rough patches over the weekend.

anyways, moving on...
the revision timetable didn't end up working lol :broken:
it just wasn't practical for me </3

I'm sure if I had made it, I would have followed it, as having a structured say really helps me be productive, but the time that would be taken to make one just isn't something that seemed worth it to me. :sigh: I'm just revising day-by-day based on the subjects I struggle most with, and the order of my exams. I do make daily timetable-ish, to-do list thingy that structures my day and motivates me, as a rough gameplan is always useful for somebody who can't be left to her own devices without ending up in bed with snacks :cookie: and binging a Netflix series (I have no self-control if you didn't notice lol).

I've been getting on well with Tassomai! I haven't been able to do it everyday, but it's been a great source of constant daily revision for me, even if it's only for 15/20 minutes :clap2:

lastly, here's my mocks timetable:

Spoiler

IT'S SO ANNOYING????? ENGLISH LIT FIRST????? I KNOW I REGARD ENGLISH AS ONE OF MY STRONGER SUBJECTS, BUT STILL????? 3 HARD TESTS ON THE SECOND DAY????? AND BIOLOGY FIRST PERIOD ON WEDNESDAY????? WHY COULDN'T THEY HAVE PUT IT LATER????? THERE AREN'T ANY OTHER EXAMS THAT DAY?????

yeah idk what I'm going to do, to be honest. I know I said I wasn't as worried I think I should be for mocks, which is still kind of true, but this configuration of exams is really making me freak out.:eek3:

there's nothing to be done about it though, so I can only go into those exams and try my best.:crossedf:
....safe to say I won't be getting any sleep this weekend:sleep:

okay well, that's it for now, so thanks for sticking around, thanks for supporting me, thanks for reading this insanely long post, thanks for everything <333

Spoiler

(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 56
Hey, don’t worry! I haven’t updated mine in 2 weeks either lol but everyone knows how irritatingly busy things get this year! Anyway, it’s your blog so your rules :cool:

thank you :smile: <333
Reply 57
How’s half term been? With responsibilities, tips from Holly Gabrielle on YouTube include:

- to do list of tasks to reach towards your academic goals, remembering to break them into smaller, more precise instructions (e.g “revise trig values” instead of “revise maths”)
- within that to do list, you can arrange them into a priority list and you could mentally put a price on each to see which is worth spending more time on.
- when you’re spending a long time deciding what to do, jUST DO SMTH, because the sooner you start, the sooner you finish!!
- if you are making a revision timetable, base it around the exam timetable so you are working in order of the exams you are sitting. In theory it should work but I’ve never made one bc I know I wouldn’t stick to it 😂 just remember if you don’t manage to make one, any revision still matters.

Everyone is doing so many extra curriculars in 6th form and I’m just like 😩😩

Hope your HPQ went well btw 😂

hello! sorry i didn't reply earlier (it's all explained in my newest post), but the half-term was good thank you <33 unproductive, but I got some much-needed rest!

thank you for the tips, they're very helpful, especially for me as someone who sucks at organisation lol. the priority list is one that really stuck out to me and also the "just do something if you cant decide what to do". i ended up completely ditching the idea of a revision timetable as it just wasn't practical for me, so I had to learn to just do something....

and I would say don't worry about the extracurriculars! if there's nothing you're explicitly interested in, I wouldn't say you're missing out by not being in any clubs etc. plus, it's more time for study, but also for relaxation and to simply do the things you want! as someone who is occupied most lunchtimes, I would give a limb to be able to sit somewhere at lunchtimes, eat slowly and actually enjoy my food, and just exist haha.

and thank you! <3 I've almost finished the essay, and after that, I just have to create the presentation and I'm done!! can't wait for it to be over!
Your text editing is so hilarious omg
Anyway, SUPER WELL DONE on those FANTASTIC results (clearly I’m not that good with text editing forgive me)
You’re going to do absolutely great with these mocks - I wish you a really productive and pleasant weekend - good luck!!
Reply 59
Your text editing is so hilarious omg
Anyway, SUPER WELL DONE on those FANTASTIC results (clearly I’m not that good with text editing forgive me)
You’re going to do absolutely great with these mocks - I wish you a really productive and pleasant weekend - good luck!!

hahahaha thank you so much lol! <3 i try my best to make my blog enjoyable to read😅 and an extra thank you for the congrats on my scores and the good luck wishes! i’m gonna need it!
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending