The Student Room Group

Cambridge SAQ Maths

Hi,
I'm filling out the Cambridge SAQ and am wondering whether I should write something for the additional personal statement part.
There's nothing particularly want/feel I need to say, but I'm worried it may somehow disadvantage me/have some impact on my application if I leave it blank (even though Cambridge explicitly says that it will not disadvantage your application).
FWIW, I'm applying for maths.
Could anyone offer some advice/reassurance that it really doesn't matter if you leave it blank?
Thanks for reading, any help would be much appreciated. :smile:
Original post by b----g4
Hi,
I'm filling out the Cambridge SAQ and am wondering whether I should write something for the additional personal statement part.
There's nothing particularly want/feel I need to say, but I'm worried it may somehow disadvantage me/have some impact on my application if I leave it blank (even though Cambridge explicitly says that it will not disadvantage your application).
Could anyone offer some advice/reassurance that it really doesn't matter if you leave it blank?

I really don’t think it will disadvantage you to leave it blank. They certainly don’t want you to waffle or repeat your ps. Good luck with your application!
Original post by b----g4
Hi,

I also hesitated on writing one but here's how I thought: yes it can add something to your application and make it even stronger but it can also downgrade it if it is not as good as the rest... If you are satisfied with everything else esp your PS then there is no point in writing something extra that you might be more unsure about/have less content for :smile: plus the deadline is like today so it would be really rushed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending