These are all my marks:

67.60 (20 Credits)
67 (20 Credits)
69 (20 Credits)
69 (20 Credits)
66 (20 Credits)
59.2 (20 Credits)
65 (40 Credits)

I'm assuming I should add them all and divide by seven, but I wonder if the 40 credits mark is calculated differently or if it's considered to have a bigger weight and influences the grading (or not)?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by toask3
I'm trying to calculate my overall grade for my Masters course

These are all my marks:

67.60 (20 Credits)
67 (20 Credits)
69 (20 Credits)
69 (20 Credits)
66 (20 Credits)
59.2 (20 Credits)
65 (40 Credits)

I'm assuming I should add them all and divide by seven, but I wonder if the 40 credits mark is calculated differently or if it's considered to have a bigger weight and influences the grading (or not)?

You need to count the 40 unit mark twice and divide by 8. Look at he numbers - it's going to be aeound 66 without any calculation!

Why do some have dp and others not?
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
You need to count the 40 unit mark twice and divide by 8. Look at he numbers - it's going to be aeound 66 without any calculation!

Why do some have dp and others not?

Just received my final transcript and it is 65.98%

Is it normal for them to count it this way?
Original post by toask3
Just received my final transcript and it is 65.98%

Is it normal for them to count it this way?

What do you mean? Double weighting is counted twice - GCSE maths weighted average.
Reply 4
Original post by Muttley79
What do you mean? Double weighting is counted twice - GCSE maths weighted average.

I meant it is normal that they did not just consider it a 66? Just thought 65.98% is a bit weird for a final overall mark.
Original post by toask3
I meant it is normal that they did not just consider it a 66? Just thought 65.98% is a bit weird for a final overall mark.

Each uni does its own thing ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending