The Student Room Group

Marks

One of my modules has two coursework submissions at a 50% mark weight.

The first one I submitted is awful and half finished literally.

So i’m assuming no marks for that going forward.

If I smash the next one and get as many marks as I can, is it possible for me to pass the module?

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous #1

If I smash the next one and get as many marks as I can, is it possible for me to pass the module?

Thanks

Hi there,

This is difficult to say and it really depends on how well you do on the next one. I think that you should try contacting someone on the module for some advice/ support.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Reply 2
You need to check whether passing the module requies that you pass - ie attain 40% - on both components or whether passing can be achieved by getting 40% overall as an average grade. If it's the latter scenario, as you submitted something for the first assessment you should pick up some marks, even if it's 10% or 20% that reduces the pressure on the score needed on the second assessment.
Original post by Anonymous #1

Thanks

Hi there,

It really depends on how your uni/module is ran. Sometimes you need 40% in each assignment to pass and sometimes an overall mark of 40% is a pass.

I would suggest setting up a meeting with your tutor/ academic advisor if you have one as they will be able to talk about this with you in more detail and explain the grading systems and whether it will be possible to pass.
They may also be able to talk to you about your other assignment that you are doing currently and tell you how it might be possible to get the best grade you can do.

If your uni has library skills sessions I would also suggest going to these as they are very helpful and can help you achieve your best in assignments and this will give you a better chance of passing the module overall.

I hope this helps,
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending