The Student Room Group

Border Force Officer October 2021

Scroll to see replies

I know several people who applied and as far as I am aware no one has been told they have moved onto the interview stage.

Has anyone on here or Does anyone on here know anyone who has been offered the interview for the October Border Force North campaign ????

If not maybe everyone with a score of 4 or more have received the on hold email and there is still hope of proceeding to the next stage.
Original post by Dazzybee
I know several people who applied and as far as I am aware no one has been told they have moved onto the interview stage.

Has anyone on here or Does anyone on here know anyone who has been offered the interview for the October Border Force North campaign ????

If not maybe everyone with a score of 4 or more have received the on hold email and there is still hope of proceeding to the next stage.

My thinking is everyone who has passed has been put on hold.

Has anyone else applied for South? Cardiff or Bristol ?
Reply 82
Hi All, I started at BF in 2020, the recruitment process is long and everyone gets placed on hold at various places along the way.Realistically, it could be 18 months before you get a start date. To give you some idea I applied in November 2018 and started in November 2020.If you are already in employment I would put this to the back of your mind and crack on with life, just keep checking your civil service account.As for salary , if you are external candidate you will start on band minimum whatever that is these days, you will also receive on top depending on port anything upto 48% of your basic salary as AHA.If you are already in the civil service as the same grade as a BFO (EO) you can transfer if successful on your current rate of pay. Unfortunately police officers and I believe prison officers don't get this option and start on the band minimum.With the AHA your basic pay per year is anywhere between 33k - 37.5k depending where you are on the basic pay scale.The job itself is really good , I enjoy every shift and was worth the wait, has the same problems as other organisations, however it's what you make of it.In my opinion safer than being a police officer, the pay is very good and comparable. As a new starter at BF you are dropping in on between police pay point 5-6. You have similar powers and still a warranted officer, full PST PPE including cuffs / baton, work closely with other agencies Inc local police / NCA / counter terrorism officers / immigration enforcement.Hope this helps with any decisions and wish you all well in the recruitment process.
For those who have been unsuccessful (or even successful!)- NCA are recruiting Trainee Investigators. I think there are also some Investigator roles for those that are PIP1/PIP2 trained.
Anyone received an interview yet!
No updates as yet. I’m starting to put this application to the back of my mind after reading all the posts about long waits etc
Original post by James9103
No updates as yet. I’m starting to put this application to the back of my mind after reading all the posts about long waits etc

Best way really, otherwise you drive yourself mad. 2.5 years i’ve been waiting, for my previous reserve list one to change to an offer, just keeps getting extended. So i don’t expect this one to be any different.
Anyone else just received an email saying they have 5 days to do the interview?????
Anyone else just received an email saying they have 5 days to do the interview?????

I did too, that was so much quicker than I expected!
Yes same here, not received the link yet though. However i’ve also just been offered an HEO post with Immigration Enforcement today, so everything is happening at once.
Yes! Just got mine too :smile: now I’m nervous! Please do share interview tips, I’ve never interviewed for a civil service job I have no idea of the format or what to expect.
Markylad that’s brilliant news! Congratulations.

Just received mine there
Original post by daisyduck21
Yes! Just got mine too :smile: now I’m nervous! Please do share interview tips, I’ve never interviewed for a civil service job I have no idea of the format or what to expect.
Markylad that’s brilliant news! Congratulations.

Thank you. For the interview, it’s very strange not having a person sat in front of you, who may or may not give follow up questions. Best advice is to just be yourself and relax. They are looking at how well you can communicate under pressure, so just stay composed. I’ve sat that type of Interview once, and it went good, much better than i expected, but must remain calm.
Had the email too 😊
I applied for the both , received an email today saying I have a virtual interview.
I have an interview too ☺️
Original post by Charlie George

When is the interview
Original post by Charlie George

Congratulations, when's the interview?
Original post by Zara.lam
Congratulations, when's the interview?

When you choose! It’s a recorded interview.
Original post by BobbyMcDougall
When you choose! It’s a recorded interview.

Have you received the link, as I haven't yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending