The Student Room Group

FIA Officer Intelligence Analyst HMRC 2021- civil service job

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Onipede
I've just had an interview invite for hmrc Trainee higher intelligence analyst and wondering what they'll ask for pre-recorded interview...?

Having recently worked for a recruitment campaign in the same department it was outsourced to manpower where you were given a set time limit for each of the civil service behavioural questions - you get a warning for the last 30 seconds can be a bit nerve-wracking but if you plan ahead and have your answers rehearsed and ready near you you'll be fine. There are Lots of great resources out there for interviews and applications across the civil service such as www.civilservicesuccess.co.uk or interviewskillsclinic.co.uk . hope this helps and good luck with your application feel free to pm and Qs on civil service recruitment.
Reply 41
For strengths-based interviews, be sure to read the Civil Service success profiles documentation 'How we assess strengths':

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/717274/CS_Strengths_2018.pdf
Reply 42
The tab feedback has appeared but when clicking on it it’s empty. Has anyone got the feedback tab?
Original post by Karim768
Application status updated to Interview slot booked, but no email or invite received.

Original post by Tahmina90
Mine is updated as well,
They said interview slot is booked
Please arrive twenty minutes before the interview, bring ID and blah blah
Alhamdulillah 😊
Original post by Nads2201
The tab feedback has appeared but when clicking on it it’s empty. Has anyone got the feedback tab?

I've got feedback but only for the test prior to the pre-recorded interview (numerical test).
Reply 44
Original post by ACnewbie
I've got feedback but only for the test prior to the pre-recorded interview (numerical test).

I didn’t have the feedback because I have a banked score for the numerical test.
Hi guys any help on what questions are asked in the strength based interview would be highly appreciated! How many questions are there?
Reply 46
If you are applying for this job, please also check out:

HEO Data Analyst - £32,000
https://www.civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk/csr/jobs.cgi?vxsys=4&vxvac=165177

The job can be based in either Cardiff, York or Glasgow.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 47
Original post by MJHawke
I've also been invited. My interview will be next week.
I still haven't started getting prepared, but I'll just work with the "Success Profiles" doc they provide.

Tahmina90 When is your interview? If I do mine first, I'll give you pointers. I don't have a set date, but I got an email saying it could be between the 4th and 8th.

Hey did you do the interview then? If so what did they ask you pls :smile:
Has anyone had a interview date yet? It has been a week since my status changed to ‘interview slot booked’
Reply 49
Original post by Rosemary1964
Has anyone had a interview date yet? It has been a week since my status changed to ‘interview slot booked’

No updates yet…
Original post by Rana1597
Hi guys any help on what questions are asked in the strength based interview would be highly appreciated! How many questions are there?

Hi,

The standard Civil service recruitment format used for many departments is to have the same number of strength-based questions to behaviours for the job - i.e if there are 4 behaviours you'll get 4 strength-based questions to compliment them.
Reply 51
Hi everyone check emails! 😁😁
Reply 52
What's the news?
Hi got an email yesterday to book my assessment and behavioural interview. Hopefully emails have started going out. I have not been to an assessment especially the online one. They say assessing your analytical skills.
Original post by Rosemary1964

Yeah I received an email yesterday for the assessment and behavioural interview. Emails have started going out. Any news from you?
Reply 55
Original post by Lydsbabe
Yeah I received an email yesterday for the assessment and behavioural interview. Emails have started going out. Any news from you?

Well done. Do you know how they scored the strenths part?
Original post by T!ll
Well done. Do you know how they scored the strenths part?

They give the overall score and a review of of how you performed with regards to the questions they asked and a conclusion. Hope that helps.
Does anyone know when to expect to hear back after the second interview? Thanks
If it is for the HO role week commencing the 20th at the latest. They told me they are hoping it to be earlier but recruitment can't guarantee it but have stated that will be the latest. Normally they aim for two weeks after the last interview which was yesterday.
Original post by Winter2021
If it is for the HO role week commencing the 20th at the latest. They told me they are hoping it to be earlier but recruitment can't guarantee it but have stated that will be the latest. Normally they aim for two weeks after the last interview which was yesterday.

That’s great to know. Thank you and good luck to you all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending