The Student Room Group

Architecture at Cambridge

Hello
I am applying for architecture at Cambridge and I have just been told I have an interview and an assessment. Because the assessment is online, does anyone know how they will do the drawing assessment as on the website it says you would usually draw part of the college campus.
Any tips for the interview would also be very helpful.
Thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

hey, what college? my friend also applied for architecture so I'll ask her but I don't wanna say anything yet cause for my assessment (law)I dont need anything.
bump tho!
Original post by heyheygirl
hey, what college? my friend also applied for architecture so I'll ask her but I don't wanna say anything yet cause for my assessment (law)I dont need anything.
bump tho!

Hi the college is Homerton. Is your friend already at Cambridge or did she apply this year?
Original post by alicemaingay
Hi the college is Homerton. Is your friend already at Cambridge or did she apply this year?

She applied this year, St. John’s though :/
Reply 4
Hi I applied this year for Peterhouse, I have no idea how to prepare for the assessment
Hello
I am applying for architecture at Cambridge and I have just been told I have an interview and an assessment. Because the assessment is online, does anyone know how they will do the drawing assessment as on the website it says you would usually draw part of the college campus.

@alicemaingay and @jayydah There is a thread for this year's architecture applicants (for all universities) to introduce themselves. It's a good place to discuss tasks, portfolios, offers, etc.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7125806
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
I applied there too, have the assessment next week
Reply 7
Original post by heyheygirl
She applied this year, St. John’s though :/

me too! Im applying there and have my assessment next week
Reply 8
Hello

Same I’m so confused what the interview will include! It’s on moodle which makes sense for the writing skills part but I don’t understand if we have to do the drawing part or not??
Reply 9
I asked an ex student what he did for his interview but idk if the was even allowed to tell me?
Reply 10
but he said he drew the room he was in
I've also seen this:
https://www.arct.cam.ac.uk/system/files/documents/architecture-admissions-assessment-specification-2016.pdf

but my problem is I have no idea how to prepare for the writing
Original post by jayydah
but he said he drew the room he was in
I've also seen this:
https://www.arct.cam.ac.uk/system/files/documents/architecture-admissions-assessment-specification-2016.pdf

but my problem is I have no idea how to prepare for the writing

Not really sure you can prepare, just meant to test writing skills?
Does everyone interviewing for architecture have their at-interview assessment this Friday 26th or are some on other days?
Good luck everyone!
Hello

Hi What day is your assessment and for which college?
Original post by sejalss
I applied there too, have the assessment next week

Hi what day is the assessment? Thanks x
Reply 15
Original post by Yogakarate

mines on friday
Reply 16
Original post by Yogakarate

mines on Friday too
Reply 17
good luck for tomorrow guys
Reply 18
I just did the assessment on Friday, how did everyone feel about it??
Reply 19
Original post by tea.t
I just did the assessment on Friday, how did everyone feel about it??

dead:h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending