The Student Room Group

Brighton and Sussex Medical School A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonmed9879
I’ve been so down. I’ve got 12.9 BSMS score and contextual. No chance for me. I sat it in the first sitting and looks like those scores are lower. I am heartbroken.

Original post by Anon0907
Does anyone have advice ?

Contextual applicants have lower cutoffs right? You might make it then. If the cutoff is like last year (17.8) then maybe not, but in 2020 it was only 14.7 for non contextual! There's definitely a chance, don't lose hope yet.
Original post by will queens
Contextual applicants have lower cutoffs right? You might make it then. If the cutoff is like last year (17.8) then maybe not, but in 2020 it was only 14.7 for non contextual! There's definitely a chance, don't lose hope yet.

Thankyou :frown: you’re so sweet xx
Reply 82
Does anyone here have special consideration for the BMAT?
Reply 83
does anyone know what BSMS assess at their interviews?

I have a score of 20.6 and I am contextual, so I think it is safe to say that I will get an interview there :smile:
This isn't super applicable since it's based off stats from UCL, but I found this kind of interesting and might well go for BSMS as well.

The average applicant scores from this year appear to be a good bit lower than last year.

Higher than those who took it in 2019 for sure, but still a good bit below last year's.
Average applicant score this year is 4.5, 4.4, 3.0A, whereas 2021 was 4.8, 4.8, 3.1A.

Judging from that, if I were to wager on this year's BSMS cutoff I'd say it may well be lower than the previous year's. Following the trend along the years for UCL shows that if BSMS's stats are in any way similar, we'll likely end up about halfway between 2020 and 2019 for the cutoff. All speculation, but might bring some hope to those worried over their scores due to last year - thought I'd share, why not!

Hope you're all doing well, best of luck to everyone :smile:
Anyone heard back yet? Oxford lot have already heard back
Original post by floralpink
Anyone heard back yet? Oxford lot have already heard back

I haven't seen anyone who has so far - if they have, it's a very small minority. Think BSMS tends to send out their interview invites fairly late, majority of interviews will take place in january so chances are invites will come out late december.
Reply 87
Does anyone know a number or email for BSMS that works because I’ve tried a few numbers and they’ve all put me forward to another number. The admissions email just says applications are closed etc.
So I’m not sure what to do :frown:
Original post by akaaa
Does anyone know a number or email for BSMS that works because I’ve tried a few numbers and they’ve all put me forward to another number. The admissions email just says applications are closed etc.

+44 1273 643528
Reply 89
Original post by roda.1470
+44 1273 643528

Thanks but I’ve already tried this number:frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by akaaa
Thanks but I’ve already tried this number:frown:

Let me know if you manage to get through. I too have sent an email with no response yet.
Reply 91
Original post by roda.1470
+44 1273 643528

Original post by akaaa

[email protected]

I have contacted them previously with that email Address
Original post by Rozh11
[email protected]

Yep me too!
Original post by Rozh11
[email protected]

Yes! Me too!
Reply 94
Original post by Rozh11
[email protected]

I've just sent an email to this address and then I got the automated message saying applications are closed.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 95
Original post by Anon0907
Let me know if you manage to get through. I too have sent an email with no response yet.

I have another number to try so hopefully I can get through, but i'll let you know if they reply :smile:
Original post by akaaa
I've just sent an email to this address and then I got the automated message saying applications are closed.

I sent it about a week ago. I’ll also let you know what happens thanks!
Original post by Falsewalker
This isn't super applicable since it's based off stats from UCL, but I found this kind of interesting and might well go for BSMS as well.

The average applicant scores from this year appear to be a good bit lower than last year.

Higher than those who took it in 2019 for sure, but still a good bit below last year's.
Average applicant score this year is 4.5, 4.4, 3.0A, whereas 2021 was 4.8, 4.8, 3.1A.

Judging from that, if I were to wager on this year's BSMS cutoff I'd say it may well be lower than the previous year's. Following the trend along the years for UCL shows that if BSMS's stats are in any way similar, we'll likely end up about halfway between 2020 and 2019 for the cutoff. All speculation, but might bring some hope to those worried over their scores due to last year - thought I'd share, why not!

Hope you're all doing well, best of luck to everyone :smile:

Thank you for this that's actually really helpful to hear even if it is just speculation. My score for Brighton is 18, and last years cutoff was 17.8, the highest ever. So that definitely makes the wait a little less anxious.
Reply 98
Original post by akaaa
I have another number to try so hopefully I can get through, but i'll let you know if they reply :smile:

You can literally send whatever you want through the applicant portal and they'll answer you in like 3-5 days. There's no need for all these phone numbers or emails.
Reply 99
Original post by Butene
You can literally send whatever you want through the applicant portal and they'll answer you in like 3-5 days. There's no need for all these phone numbers or emails.

I've just sent a message via the portal thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending