The Student Room Group

Is he not interested anymore ??

So I went on a date with a guy last week. Everything was great and we got along well. He was kinda of hinting that he wanted to go on a week break to the seaside. Also wanted to know job long I here for.
He paid for my coffee and it was really nice. Like his hug was really tight and he was looking at me really lovingly.
However, both of us have a 5 year age gap which he found out towards the end of the date (he's 25). He seemed chill about it and he was still romantic.
I messaged him that I really liked being with him and he said he really enjoyed it and hoped to see me again next week.

So accordingly I messaged him today and he was replied a few hours later saying he can come to say hello. He came to see me in the library and gave me a hug then said we can meet for the drink and to message him.
I felt a bit off first but then messaged him in the evening and he said he ll come. He came and talked about how's he doing, what I'm doing etc. I asked him about Christmas and he said his friends invited him for the dinner etc. He seemed a little less romantic but still kept talking. He asked me when I'm coming to college and which days and told me which days he's working etc.
After an hour of chatting , he said he had to go to finish work but said he will come outside as he had to smoke. We talked a bit and then he finished his cig and when leaving, he gave me a big hug again.

So I just want to know that if he is still interested or he doesn't because he felt that I'm older than him and he no longer views me as a romantic potential ?
Should I just distance myself from him?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Pls respond :/
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
So I went on a date with a guy last week. Everything was great and we got along well. He was kinda of hinting that he wanted to go on a week break to the seaside. Also wanted to know job long I here for.
He paid for my coffee and it was really nice. Like his hug was really tight and he was looking at me really lovingly.
However, both of us have a 5 year age gap which he found out towards the end of the date (he's 25). He seemed chill about it and he was still romantic.
I messaged him that I really liked being with him and he said he really enjoyed it and hoped to see me again next week.

So accordingly I messaged him today and he was replied a few hours later saying he can come to say hello. He came to see me in the library and gave me a hug then said we can meet for the drink and to message him.
I felt a bit off first but then messaged him in the evening and he said he ll come. He came and talked about how's he doing, what I'm doing etc. I asked him about Christmas and he said his friends invited him for the dinner etc. He seemed a little less romantic but still kept talking. He asked me when I'm coming to college and which days and told me which days he's working etc.
After an hour of chatting , he said he had to go to finish work but said he will come outside as he had to smoke. We talked a bit and then he finished his cig and when leaving, he gave me a big hug again.

So I just want to know that if he is still interested or he doesn't because he felt that I'm older than him and he no longer views me as a romantic potential ?

What to do?
What to do?

If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have come to see you on two further occasions. I think it's all in your head that he's not interested. He was probably being less romantic because it's hard to keep that up permanently, but he made a special effort for your first date to make a good impression.
Reply 4
Original post by BlueBazooka
If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't have come to see you on two further occasions. I think it's all in your head that he's not interested. He was probably being less romantic because it's hard to keep that up permanently, but he made a special effort for your first date to make a good impression.

But maybe he's just being nice???

Stop posting so many threads about the same topic for the love of God.
Reply 6
Original post by Presslyyy
Stop posting so many threads about the same topic for the love of God.

This is the last

He can nicely reject you, but he hasn't, so I'd assume he's still interested.
Reply 8
Original post by BlueBazooka
He can nicely reject you, but he hasn't, so I'd assume he's still interested.

But he could just be nice????? Maybe being nice and that's it ??
If you've not figured it out after writing what 10 threads about this? I doubt you ever will.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ROTL94
If you've not figured it out after writing what 10 threads about this? I doubt you ever will.

I haven't figured out so please tell me

@londonmyst @hungrysalamander

Thanks! I'm finally famous enough on this site to get tagged by anons.
I think the best way to find out is to ask him if the age gap is bothering him. I do think that you're overthinking as the long reply could be due to being busy and had a bad day at work but the hug is always a good sign.

Spoiler

Reply 14
Don't assume. Assuming stuff is stupid. If he's still meeting up with you, he's probably interested, people don't usually want to waste their time. I highly doubt he's "just being nice".
If your really worried, which it seems you are, bloody tell him that you are worried the age difference will bother him. If you wanna have a relationship with him, you're gonna have to learn to communicate well with him anyway. Now's a great place to start. Next time you meet up with him, ask him about it.

Also please don't tag me on random threads.

Edit: maybe I sounded a bit harsh. I genuinely hope it goes well for you x
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 15
I haven't figured out so please tell me

Ask him. Simples!
But he could just be nice????? Maybe being nice and that's it ??

You do realise your questions do not have an answer.
When someone states their opinion whether they think he likes you or might not, there's no use challenging it because no one except him knows the truth.
Reply 17
he looked at you 'really lovingly' on your first date? i'm not gonna lie: i think you may be expecting too much too fast and seeing things that aren't there. your options are to distance yourself and see if he messages you or be an adult and just ask him if the age thing is an issue for him.

btw if you're making multiple threads on the same subject it's considered spam and against community guidelines. you're better off making one thread and bumping that every 24hrs or whatever.
A 5 year age gap is not that big, I'm not sure why you think it would be a bother to him. I think you're overthinking this.
A 5 year age gap is not that big, I'm not sure why you think it would be a bother to him. I think you're overthinking this.

But last week he wanted to go to a break with me etc etc but then he changed his ideas? That's why

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending