The Student Room Group

How to stop self sabotaging potential relationships

Ok so I have recently met a guy that I find attractive. I got his socials and started talking to him and he seems really nice. At this point we are just talking as friends I would say, I'm not sure how obvious I made it that I was interested. We have a lot in common. Anyway I mentioned that I play Apex and he asks if I would play with him which I would but here's the problem, I all of a sudden feel nervous.

I've never been in a relationship before and it's almost like I'm scared? I have a habit of self sabotaging when things seem like they are getting somewhere and I really don't want to do that again because he actually seems like a cool guy.

Maybe it's because I've never been in a relationship that I always overthink it but at this rate III be single forever if I keep that up. I do admit that I'm pretty insecure about myself sometimes and I'm pretty shy and just awkward in general. So I feel like once he gets to know me maybe he'll not want to talk anymore. Anyway does anyone have any tips on how to stop doing this? Also I've just been messaging him but I'm kind of nervous to talk to him in voice chat. So any tips to keep the conversation going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending