The Student Room Group

i think im probably a sucker because my boyfriend doesnt want to see me

hes been travelling for months with his parents, he said to me things like „i miss you“ or „i cant wait to see you again“ and ive been doing the same, but hes come back from travelling, we have arranged to go out together about a week in advance, and he said „sorry, dont feel like coming over today“ so i said okay, thats fine lets arrange another time.

this has happened twice, and he has used the same excuse both times. his friend told me he just isnt interested in me anymore (me and this friend used to date a while ago and hes been angry with me since im dating his friend now, long story) and i think he might be right and he just doesnt want to see me.

im just tired of always being the one to organise and ask and plan days where we can go, and free time off my moderately busy calender just to be cancelled on everytime like 1hr before we are supposed to meet up
Have you brought this up with him and how it makes you feel unwanted and like he doesn’t care?
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Have you brought this up with him and how it makes you feel unwanted and like he doesn’t care?

i have, however he always hits me back with a „i just dont feel like it“ and wont ever seem to expand
Original post by Anonymous
i have, however he always hits me back with a „i just dont feel like it“ and wont ever seem to expand

Then it may be time to dump him as it seems to be a common theme and you deserve someone who will appreciate you and not be flakier than the chocolate.
Reply 4
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
Then it may be time to dump him as it seems to be a common theme and you deserve someone who will appreciate you and not be flakier than the chocolate.

this is what ive been thinking, i think i just needed someone else to say it, and i am appreciative you did!! i will do, am better off w/o him!
Reply 5
Travelling with family is something special that can't be judged, and it doesn't seem like you are.
But cancelling on you repeatedly is an issue. If he's made no effort to suggest something else then you deserve better.
Reply 6
hes been travelling for months with his parents, he said to me things like „i miss you“ or „i cant wait to see you again“ and ive been doing the same, but hes come back from travelling, we have arranged to go out together about a week in advance, and he said „sorry, dont feel like coming over today“ so i said okay, thats fine lets arrange another time.

this has happened twice, and he has used the same excuse both times. his friend told me he just isnt interested in me anymore (me and this friend used to date a while ago and hes been angry with me since im dating his friend now, long story) and i think he might be right and he just doesnt want to see me.

im just tired of always being the one to organise and ask and plan days where we can go, and free time off my moderately busy calender just to be cancelled on everytime like 1hr before we are supposed to meet up

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through this. It must be tough to have your plans canceled last minute, especially after looking forward to spending time together. Communication is key in any relationship, and it might be helpful to have an honest conversation with your boyfriend about how you're feeling and what's been going on. It's important for both of you to understand each other's perspectives and figure out how to move forward. If you feel comfortable, you could consider sending a message like, 'I understand that you may not be interested in me anymore. I can respect your decision, and I think it's time for both of us to move on. I wish you good luck.' This could provide clarity and give him a chance to respond.
Reply 7

update; i dumped him lmao, no regrets! felling and looking fabulous!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending