The Student Room Group

BTEC business unit 7: business decision making exam

HI, i am going to do my exam in January 2022 and i am so lost on how to revise?
can anyone give me any tips that helped them with this exam or any times for the whole course in general
Hi,I can tell you that this unit is more about understanding what the effects on the business are for the present and the future and by analysing this through SWOT, PESTLE and Porters 5 forces you should be able to figure the exam as whole because, if you did unit 2 you will realise it is encapsulated in this unit as well. Also Unit 3 personal finance helps a lot with giving financial examples (Cash Flow forecasts and Margins).
Original post by bowhello21
HI, i am going to do my exam in January 2022 and i am so lost on how to revise?
can anyone give me any tips that helped them with this exam or any times for the whole course in general

Also may be get the book 2 for the course.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/BTEC-Nationals-Business-Student-Activebook/dp/1292126256/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=btec+business+student+book+2&qid=1636802025&qsid=258-0326536-9541957&sr=8-1&sres=1292126256%2C1846906202%2C144690136X%2C1846907497%2C1292218924%2C0435026593%2C1292134062%2C1846907217%2C1292126248%2C1846906350%2C1292126027%2C1292230568%2C1292279346%2C1292150114%2C1846906342%2C1292258691&srpt=ABIS_BOOK

This is the book It may be abit expensive do consider looking else where like ebay.
Reply 4
Original post by ahsen2603
Hi,I can tell you that this unit is more about understanding what the effects on the business are for the present and the future and by analysing this through SWOT, PESTLE and Porters 5 forces you should be able to figure the exam as whole because, if you did unit 2 you will realise it is encapsulated in this unit as well. Also Unit 3 personal finance helps a lot with giving financial examples (Cash Flow forecasts and Margins).

and also how would i revise or improve in this unit to get the distinction i need.
Reply 5
You need to follow my guidelines on structure clearly and precisely:

Your report should always follow the below simple structure:

Executive summary
This is a short introduction to what is in your report, you don’t need to go into
a lot of detail but explain what you are going to detail

Key factors
Here you should have an overview of factors that are important in the decision making process for the business to consider and here you should use an analytical tool such as Porter’s 5 Forces to analyse the situation

Financial data interpretation
For this paper you are looking at net and gross profit margin comparative
analysis using the forecasted changes based on each option being
considered in the paper

Risks to consider
Your analytical tool should have identified risks that need to be considered, these risks should be:
Financial Legal
Strategic

Proposal
This is your proposed option that the business should consider based on your
evidence and the decision making process - You need to justify with as much evidence as possible why the business should choose option 1 or option 2
Your presentation should follow the same format as above but be bullet points and have speaker notes as if you were going to present this to an audience

This is how I was told and have always used.

Do you know the dates of your exams?
Reply 6
Original post by AS1250

Executive summary
This is a short introduction to what is in your report, you don’t need to go into

Key factors
Here you should have an overview of factors that are important in the decision making process for the business to consider and here you should use an analytical tool such as Porter’s 5 Forces to analyse the situation

considered in the paper

Risks to consider
Your analytical tool should have identified risks that need to be considered, these risks should be:
Financial Legal
Strategic

Proposal
evidence and the decision making process - You need to justify with as much evidence as possible why the business should choose option 1 or option 2
Your presentation should follow the same format as above but be bullet points and have speaker notes as if you were going to present this to an audience

yes i do one of them is the unit 6 exam and it's on the 14th of January and the unit 7 is on the 20th.
add me on snap so i can add u to the unit 7 btec level 3 science help group on snapchat- Hx.nyeh
(edited 2 years ago)
how do you know if you should use ratios, income statements etc in the exam?
Original post by AS1250

Executive summary

Key factors

considered in the paper

Risks to consider
Financial Legal
Strategic

Proposal

Missing resources...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending