The Student Room Group

UCL vs Edinburgh (Power/Energy Engineering)

I am an international student applying to both unis. I've got offer from Edinburgh MSc Sustainable Energy Systems and the application portal of UCL MSc Power Systems Engineering just changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions".

I really want to secure a Skilled Worker Visa and work in the UK, any opinion on which uni/programme is a better choice?

Thank you so much!
Reply 1
My main focus would be getting a Skilled Worker Visa after graduation, though I definitely like Edinburgh more as a city lol
Reply 2
bump
Reply 3
Hi May I know if you gotten ur result from UCL?
Reply 4
Original post by HeinkelC
I am an international student applying to both unis. I've got offer from Edinburgh MSc Sustainable Energy Systems and the application portal of UCL MSc Power Systems Engineering just changed to "Currently being processed by Admissions".

I really want to secure a Skilled Worker Visa and work in the UK, any opinion on which uni/programme is a better choice?

Thank you so much!

Hello! I am in the same position as you, aiming to get a skilled worker visa by the end of graduation. But i have chosen Edinburgh Ms Sustainable Energy Systems. However, I am currently struggling to find jobs that are suited with this degree background. Do you have the same issue?
Original post by cendylim
Hello! I am in the same position as you, aiming to get a skilled worker visa by the end of graduation. But i have chosen Edinburgh Ms Sustainable Energy Systems. However, I am currently struggling to find jobs that are suited with this degree background. Do you have the same issue?

What kind of jobs are you looking for, and what is your academic (and professional if you have one) background (before your MSc that is)?
Reply 6
Original post by Smack
What kind of jobs are you looking for, and what is your academic (and professional if you have one) background (before your MSc that is)?

I am looking for engineering related jobs (more technical and field based instead of consulting), and I had a degree in chemical engineering prior to this. I am hoping to get something like a process engineering role in the renewable energy field.
Original post by cendylim
I am looking for engineering related jobs (more technical and field based instead of consulting), and I had a degree in chemical engineering prior to this. I am hoping to get something like a process engineering role in the renewable energy field.

So process engineer in something like biofuels or hydrogen?

Consulting jobs can be very technical. In the UK at least, many of the big consultancies have jobs related to sustainable energy, although they may not strictly be energy generation related - perhaps more towards lower carbon energy sources for buildings etc. Maybe worth looking at those positions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending