The Student Room Group

A-LEVEL

I need to choose 3 A level and 4 AS level subject. My A level 2 subjects (maths and chemistry) are final. What 1 A level and 1 AS level should I choose from following subjects. Btec sports and A level combination are allowed. Kindly guide me which combination of subjects help me to choose proper carrier. I am not sure about future carrier.
Physics - I am not good at
Biology -
Psychology - entirely new for me
Btec sports - I love sports.
Economics - I am good at maths but economics never study.
1) How to Choose 6th Form subjects - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/choosing-your-subjects

2) What do you intend to do after you leave school? If Uni, what subject?
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
1) How to Choose 6th Form subjects - read it all - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/a-level/subjects/choosing-your-subjects

2) What do you intend to do after you leave school? If Uni, what subject?

Definitely University but not sure what subject. I like Maths/chemistry but feel difficult physics otherwise like to do any engineering (except computer science). I am better in maths compare to biology otherwise think of to choose group of (chemistry/bio). I don;t like computer science. Economics and psychology afraid to try as a fresh subject, rather to do hard work in physics and try to score so that I can choose maths/chemistry/physics and further study in engineering. Give me your opinion please.
thanks
Original post by Tanay1
I need to choose 3 A level and 4 AS level subject. My A level 2 subjects (maths and chemistry) are final. What 1 A level and 1 AS level should I choose from following subjects. Btec sports and A level combination are allowed. Kindly guide me which combination of subjects help me to choose proper carrier. I am not sure about future carrier.
Physics - I am not good at
Biology -
Psychology - entirely new for me
Btec sports - I love sports.
Economics - I am good at maths but economics never study.

How about maths, chemistry, economics and btec sports. Have either the economics or the btec sport as your 4th subject.
Reply 4
Original post by Emma:-)
How about maths, chemistry, economics and btec sports. Have either the economics or the btec sport as your 4th subject.

What are the university options keep it open? what is your opinion as a best option among it?
Original post by Tanay1
What are the university options keep it open? what is your opinion as a best option among it?

Those subjects will keep your options open to quite a few things.
Reply 6
Original post by Emma:-)
Those subjects will keep your options open to quite a few things.

Now I change my mind and going to choose Maths, physics, computer science and Psychology because I believe the engineering options are wide for maths/physics compare to maths/chemistry; guide me if I am wrong. second thing I am not very good in study so it is not wise to choose maths/physics and chemistry. I feel maths/physics/computer has common skill is problem solving and logic and less things to memories; advice me if I am wrong. Psychology I choose as safety net if i feel CS hard then drop it at AS level and complete A level with maths/physic/psychology.
Please advice me if you have better opinion with best reason.
Hi I know I am new to this thread but my advice is that if you don't like physics now don't do it for A-level. My friend does it and it is way harder than at GCSE and contains a lot of maths. If you don't like the subjects you need to do a specific university course then you likely won't enjoy that course. I know people who take psychology and love it, and now want to do it for uni. I did maths and then dropped it because it was mostly physics (at least for my exam board). Sorry if this makes things more complicated!

Quick Reply

Latest