The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

PHD Law

Does anyone know whether PHD offers take longer regardless of whether you applied early? Got my ID on the 25th of October and no word yet/transcript drop
Reply 1
Did you get a response? The homepage states that they decide on PhD applications at certain times every year. So it may be irrelevant, when you have applied (one hour or three months prior to the meeting). I got my ID early November and have not heard from LSE since.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by uhmhmm
Did you get a response? The homepage states that they decide on PhD applications at certain times every year. So it may be irrelevant, when you have applied (one hour or three months prior to the meeting). I got my ID early November and have not heard from LSE since.

I applied on Dec 14 and my application only got processed last week. Honestly, a bit annoyed that the 'rolling application' thing clearly isn't happening in practice.
Reply 3
Original post by stressedlawbaby
I applied on Dec 14 and my application only got processed last week. Honestly, a bit annoyed that the 'rolling application' thing clearly isn't happening in practice.

mine was processed within days. Since then the application is "under consideration". To have the application "under consideration" for 10 weeks straight makes the application "tracker" somewhat pointless.

Have you stated an academic advisor, or did a professor agree to act as your advisor? Btw. my attempts to reach someone by phone failed.
Original post by stressedlawbaby

It will vary on the supervisor or whoever picks up the application in departmental level. ive seen PhD researchers start at different times of the year and applications similarly assessed on rolling basis, although most PhDs (especially the ones with standard university funding) start in October.

It also depends on the strength of the application and how much room the supervisor has for new candidates...

How have your discussions gone with the supervisor prior to the application?
I did briefly contact my intended academic supervisor, and actually have several contacts in common with her, but she was very vague about the strength of the application to ensure the integrity of the application process. Guess we just wait and see.
Reply 6
The professor I have contacted immediately agreed to be my advisor. I have also stated this in the end of my Statement of Academic Purpose. Maybe I should have stated it in the header. On the other hand I worry that no one has looked at the application.
Original post by uhmhmm
The professor I have contacted immediately agreed to be my advisor. I have also stated this in the end of my Statement of Academic Purpose. Maybe I should have stated it in the header. On the other hand I worry that no one has looked at the application.

I would contact the admissions staff just to check its current status at some point.
Has anybody received an offer? I think LSE has notified the successful applicants. Could you please share your background with us if you are among the lucky ones? Thank you!
Does anyone know if its is relevant the date of applciation to LSE? What to expect if applied on the deadline date? any chances of getting in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending