1) What are your A-Level predicted grades, and GCSEs
2) Have you got an offer for UCL Econ
3) Where else have you applied
4) What kind of stuff did you discuss on your personal statements
And anything else!

Scroll to see replies

1) A*A*AA
2) Haven't got an offer and still says 'application received' on portico
3) QMUL, King's, LSE, Cambridge (rejected)
4) Topics like inequality, specifically education, and econometrics
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
1) A*A*A*A*A
2) not yet (fingers crossed)
3)Kings, LSE, Bath, Cambridge (rejected after interview)
Reply 3
1) A*A*A*
2) Not yet, still says application received in portal aswell (applied in october)
3) UoM (offer), ICL (not heard back), LSE (not heard back), CAM (didn't get in)
4) UKMT, essay competition, maths for economics, brexit, globalisation

Not feeling very confident about getting an offer just because I took 3 a levels. Also last year the offer rate was much lower than previous years and there is even greater competition this year.
1) Taking the IB; 45/45 Predicted
2) "Application Received" on Portico
3) Warwick (Offer), UCL, LSE, Kings, Oxford (Rejected)
4) Online econometrics course that I took, Books by Thaler, Stiglitz and Picketty, and a development-economics paper that I had written.
Reply 5
1) A*A*A*A* Maths, FM, Econ, Chemistry
2) Yes
3) Lse, Kcl, Bristol, Cam (rejected)
4) Work experience, essay contests, math competitions etc.

It’d be great to meet people looking to go to UCL and study economics in this discussion!
Original post by o.opiu
2) Yes

It’d be great to meet people looking to go to UCL and study economics in this discussion!

You'll probably get into LSE, you've got nothing to worry about. Congrats by the way!
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
You'll probably get into LSE, you've got nothing to worry about. Congrats by the way!

Thank you!
Just looking at last year's offer rate for lse, I’m feeling worried 😓
Original post by o.opiu
Thank you!
Just looking at last year's offer rate for lse, I’m feeling worried 😓

Oh suuuush, you'll be fine! Although, LSE does like to make their applicants stuffer by forcing them to wait longer to receive their offers/rejections. Either way, I'm sure you'll get in plus, you've got UCL down!
Reply 9
What were your gcses like?
Original post by o.opiu
2) Yes

What were your gcses?
Reply 11
Oh suuuush, you'll be fine! Although, LSE does like to make their applicants stuffer by forcing them to wait longer to receive their offers/rejections. Either way, I'm sure you'll get in plus, you've got UCL down!

Ahh thank you!
Reply 12
What were your gcses?

I had 8s and 9s for my GCSEs
1) A*A*A*A*A* (maths, FM, economics, politics, EPQ)
2)No
3)LSE(pending), Queen Marys (offer), Royal Holloway (offer), Cambridge (rejection)
4)EPQ about 2008 financial crisis, econ essay competitions, head boy at sixth form (completely irrelevant but i needed something to show that i had leadership skills), Self taught further maths over summer before yr 13, books, behavioural economics
Original post by XITounsi841
1) A*A*A*A*A* (maths, FM, economics, politics, EPQ)
2)No
3)LSE(pending), Queen Marys (offer), Royal Holloway (offer), Cambridge (rejection)
4)EPQ about 2008 financial crisis, econ essay competitions, head boy at sixth form (completely irrelevant but i needed something to show that i had leadership skills), Self taught further maths over summer before yr 13, books, behavioural economics

So many people with 4 or 5 a levels compared to my 3 making me doubt I'm getting an offer
Original post by o.opiu
I had 8s and 9s for my GCSEs

You've pretty much got an offer for UCL then, no way ur getting rejected. Do you know how many people apply with only 3 A levels cos everybody at the moment seems to be doing 4 or 5
Reply 16
You've pretty much got an offer for UCL then, no way ur getting rejected. Do you know how many people apply with only 3 A levels cos everybody at the moment seems to be doing 4 or 5

I have an offer from UCL, worried about LSE 😭😭

From what I was advised, doing 4 alevels only matters if the 4th is further maths.
I had a econ open day thing with them for offer holders, and during discussion many people had 3 alevels, so I’m sure that as long as you have the A* predicted in maths, you’ll be fine. My offer is based on only 3alevels as well, nothing about passing fm or anything.

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll hear from them soon
Original post by o.opiu
I have an offer from UCL, worried about LSE 😭😭

From what I was advised, doing 4 alevels only matters if the 4th is further maths.
I had a econ open day thing with them for offer holders, and during discussion many people had 3 alevels, so I’m sure that as long as you have the A* predicted in maths, you’ll be fine. My offer is based on only 3alevels as well, nothing about passing fm or anything.

Good luck! I’m sure you’ll hear from them soon

Thanks, I am waiting on LSE also. I think they have only given a few offers for UCL BSc Econ to the top applicants first so I hope I will get a place sometime in March. If you got both UCL and LSE, which one would you firm?
Reply 18
1) 95 in all (maths, accountancy, economics, English, business studies) - international btw
2) Nope
3)LSE(rejected - school really messed me up in predicted grades :frown: ), Warwick(offer), Cambridge (pooled but rejected) idk if we are talking about only UK unis but in US - NYU Stern(ED2 but the aid is **** too), Brown (offer ED1 bad aid again)
4) income inequality, statistics, finance internship and investment comp, essay comp, prez ecofin soc, EU sustainable finance thingy, and some books
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 19
Thanks, I am waiting on LSE also. I think they have only given a few offers for UCL BSc Econ to the top applicants first so I hope I will get a place sometime in March. If you got both UCL and LSE, which one would you firm?

Most likely Lse, but I’d be happy to go to either
What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending