The Student Room Group

Maths Edexcel grade boundaries 2022

Does anyone know how the grade boundaries for summer A-level exams for Maths Edexcel fall? If yes, please share.

I need an A but would like to aim for A*

Thank you & Happy Easter :bunny:
Reply 1
they don't make grade boundaries until after the exams have happened
Original post by DeeDee2055
Does anyone know how the grade boundaries for summer A-level exams for Maths Edexcel fall? If yes, please share.

No-one does. All the papers are marked first then the boundaries set to give the 'right' proportion of grades.
This years boundaries are confirmed to be between 2019 and 2021 grade boundaries! Though, I’d still use 2019 boundaries in past paper practice to be safe hehe
Original post by cloudniineee
This years boundaries are confirmed to be between 2019 and 2021 grade boundaries! Though, I’d still use 2019 boundaries in past paper practice to be safe hehe

NO they are not - the award of grades will be in that proportion but this tells us nothing about the grade boundaries. Please don't post wrong information.
Original post by Muttley79
NO they are not - the award of grades will be in that proportion but this tells us nothing about the grade boundaries. Please don't post wrong information.

“As we return to summer exams, in 2022 exam boards will set the grade boundaries based on a profile that reflects a midpoint between 2021 and pre-pandemic grading”

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ofquals-approach-to-grading-exams-and-assessments-in-summer-2022-and-autumn-2021
“As we return to summer exams, in 2022 exam boards will set the grade boundaries based on a profile that reflects a midpoint between 2021 and pre-pandemic grading”

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/ofquals-approach-to-grading-exams-and-assessments-in-summer-2022-and-autumn-2021

Yes but that refers to the grade PROFILE not the actual grade boundaries - read the article
Reply 7
Thank you all for your help. It's so confusing. So a guide is non-existence? :s-smilie:

Shall I just aim for the 2019 grade boundaries to be safe?
Thank you all for your help. It's so confusing. So a guide is non-existence? :s-smilie:

Shall I just aim for the 2019 grade boundaries to be safe?

No, just do the best you can - we do know more top grades will be awarded than in 2019 and fewer than 2021.

"But the grade boundaries for each specification will be set by the senior examiners, after they have reviewed the work produced by students."
Reply 10

No one knows, just aim as high as you can. The proportion of grades has been said to fall between 2019&2021 but that gives no indication to what the boundaries will be as it's dependent on how the cohort do.

Quick Reply

Latest