The Student Room Group

International nurse's day

Yeah, yeah I know I'm a day late.

For those who didn't know, yesterday (12th May) was international nurse's day. The 12th May was Florence Nightingale's birthday and the date chosen to recognise the work done by nurses around the world.

Did those of you studying or working do anything to mark it?

Did your placement areas or universities put anything on?

I managed to eat a considerable amount of cake donated by management to different areas of the hospital.
At my uni we had an announcement for it and and email in recognition for international nurses day 😍😍
Original post by moonkatt

For those who didn't know, yesterday (12th May) was international nurse's day. The 12th May was Florence Nightingale's birthday and the date chosen to recognise the work done by nurses around the world.

I managed to eat a considerable amount of cake donated by management to different areas of the hospital.

Oh you can't beat a good lump of cake especially to mark a special day like international nurses day Xx did similar the week before for international midwife day's and stuffed ourselves with cake's etc

(Qualified nearly 3 years and about to revalidate)
I worked the night shift, arrived in the find the day staff had had donuts and cake, and they'd kindly made sure that some were saved for the night team. Our patients didn't have a clue why we randomly had donuts and cake.
Reply 4
Original post by Blackstarr
At my uni we had an announcement for it and and email in recognition for international nurses day 😍😍

No cake?

Original post by Tracey_W
Oh you can't beat a good lump of cake especially to mark a special day like international nurses day Xx did similar the week before for international midwife day's and stuffed ourselves with cake's etc

I’ve seen some inventive creations by nurses and midwives for cakes in the past. Did you have anything inventive or graphic or just normal cake? Maternity is on a different site to us so we only saw a mention on the intranet

Original post by Emily_B
I worked the night shift, arrived in the find the day staff had had donuts and cake, and they'd kindly made sure that some were saved for the night team. Our patients didn't have a clue why we randomly had donuts and cake.

It’s always good when people think of the night shift when it comes to things like this. You all ready for revalidation?
No cake?
I’ve seen some inventive creations by nurses and midwives for cakes in the past. Did you have anything inventive or graphic or just normal cake? Maternity is on a different site to us so we only saw a mention on the intranet

It’s always good when people think of the night shift when it comes to things like this. You all ready for revalidation?

I took in a normal cake and some various cakes for the staff and few others did same.
I didn't see the other one about maternity on different place.
Hopefully all the nurses have had a good day and night for it.
Original post by Emily_B

Emily you are welcome to come and do my revalidation at the same time as your own xxx can't believe how quickly the time went and now we are doing this process. X
@moonkatt yep, just got my reflective discussion to do.
@Tracey_W hahaha getting my own paperwork sorted took me long enough!
Reply 8
Emily you are welcome to come and do my revalidation at the same time as your own xxx can't believe how quickly the time went and now we are doing this process. X

It’s relatively painless, particularly if you’re in the nhs, I’ve been through it all twice now. I sort all my stuff over a few glasses of wine and pop it all into a folder ready for the discussion bit.
It’s relatively painless, particularly if you’re in the nhs, I’ve been through it all twice now. I sort all my stuff over a few glasses of wine and pop it all into a folder ready for the discussion bit.

Yes it looks more daunting than it actually is but like you said it's basically straight forward, I did exactly that put it all in a folder ready to send it of for NMC to obviously to go through it all.

I didn't think it was different for those who works in the NHS compared to say those who are in the private sector as thought that it would be all the same for everyone.
Reply 10
Yes it looks more daunting than it actually is but like you said it's basically straight forward, I did exactly that put it all in a folder ready to send it of for NMC to obviously to go through it all.

I didn't think it was different for those who works in the NHS compared to say those who are in the private sector as thought that it would be all the same for everyone.

The process isn’t different, it’s just a bit easier in the nhs to have met all the requirements for revalidation, though the last couple of years have been a bit of a spanner in the works.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending