The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Uni of Notts Accommodation

Hi all
I had an offer for notts recently and I’ve been looking into the accommodation options. From what I have gathered the social life in catered accommodation seems to be lively however I really like the idea of cooking for myself etc and I will be based on Jubilee.

Just wanted to get the opinions of people in catered accommodation - what you think the best halls are?
And people in self catered accommodation too as i’ve looked at a few like SPC, nottingham two and deakins.

Thanks
Reply 1
Original post by hollwhitehouse
Hi all
I had an offer for notts recently and I’ve been looking into the accommodation options. From what I have gathered the social life in catered accommodation seems to be lively however I really like the idea of cooking for myself etc and I will be based on Jubilee.

Just wanted to get the opinions of people in catered accommodation - what you think the best halls are?
And people in self catered accommodation too as i’ve looked at a few like SPC, nottingham two and deakins.

Thanks

Hi!

I'm a 4th year student and have lived in Rutland, Cavendish and Lincoln in my time at uni. From what I've experienced, every hall has its own atmosphere, and really its the people that make the hall! So I guess from that I can say that there's no 'best' hall. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. For example, all rooms in Cavendish are en suite, so if you wanted a different room type then a different hall would be better for you. Lincoln also offers quiet accommodation in a few of its blocks. Most of the catered halls are on University Park, but there is a free hopper bus that can take you to your lectures in Jubilee in 5 minutes if you choose to live on Uni Park.

I personally loved living in catered accommodation, I've met amazing people in each hall I've lived in! I would definitely recommend living in halls as it's much more social than self catered accommodation, plus its a nice transition into independent life. Most people who live in halls in first year end up living in a student house in later years, so you can still get to cook for yourself later on!

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi all

Thanks

i think it really depends on your preferences...i live in self-catered off campus because food is a priority for me haha, but if you're not fussy about food then catered would make life easier. i think it's a bit easier to make friends in your halls if you live in catered since everyone comes together for dinner etc but you can still find social spaces in self-catered accomodations and i've met so many great people!!
spc and nottingham two are just a 5-10 minute walk from jubilee, but you can easily get the hopper bus from uni park. so it's really up to you :smile:
Original post by _Cation_
Hi!

I'm a 4th year student and have lived in Rutland, Cavendish and Lincoln in my time at uni. From what I've experienced, every hall has its own atmosphere, and really its the people that make the hall! So I guess from that I can say that there's no 'best' hall. I guess it depends on what you're looking for. For example, all rooms in Cavendish are en suite, so if you wanted a different room type then a different hall would be better for you. Lincoln also offers quiet accommodation in a few of its blocks. Most of the catered halls are on University Park, but there is a free hopper bus that can take you to your lectures in Jubilee in 5 minutes if you choose to live on Uni Park.

I personally loved living in catered accommodation, I've met amazing people in each hall I've lived in! I would definitely recommend living in halls as it's much more social than self catered accommodation, plus its a nice transition into independent life. Most people who live in halls in first year end up living in a student house in later years, so you can still get to cook for yourself later on!

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions let me know :smile:

What was Rutland like? I’ve heard its bad and hated by other students but then most of the reviews of people who’ve stayed there are positive and it seems really social which is nice
Hi all

Thanks

hey, I'd recommend Derby, Cripps or Hugh Stewart for catered!
Original post by Anonymous
hey, I'd recommend Derby, Cripps or Hugh Stewart for catered!

Hugh Stuarts closed for at least 2 years now for renovations which is very sad xD. Derby and Cripps are definitely the nicest catered and I'd throw in Lenton and Wortley and Rutland as good next tiers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending