The Student Room Group

Extra time in a level colour change

Does anyone know if you have to change your pen colour in the actual exam once you reach extra time? I know that in all previous mock examinations I have but was wondering if that was different in the actual thing. Panicking rn cuz have an a level on tuesday!!
(edited 1 year ago)
What?

Change what colour?
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
What?

Change what colour?

pen colour when you're writing in the exam, sorry if i didn't make that clear!
I dont think so, I believe in mocks its just so your school/ exams coordination has evidence you're benefitting from your extra time, as if not in mocks they can take it away.
So, no I pretty sure you're meant to write in black the whole time.
You write in the black the whole time I think, that's what I did anyway in a real exam.
I've never had to do this and I have extra time. Also don't you have to write in black pen for exams otherwise they cant read it when scanned in. I recently did my GCSE exam and I didn't change pen color and I won't in my a-level exams either. I mean examiners don't need to know that you had extra time and I'm assuming your tutors just old you to do that so they seem how much of a difference it made to your mark by having extra time
Original post by Rit169
pen colour when you're writing in the exam, sorry if i didn't make that clear!

Why on earth would you need to do that? I've never heard of that...I'm 99% sure that isn't required and seems an absurd requirement anyway. Also I'm pretty sure the exams officially require you write in black ink throughout anyway?
Original post by artful_lounger
Why on earth would you need to do that? I've never heard of that...I'm 99% sure that isn't required and seems an absurd requirement anyway. Also I'm pretty sure the exams officially require you write in black ink throughout anyway?

Some schools do it in mocks to make sure that you're using your extra time (so that they can revoke said extra time if the student is consistently not using it 🤷. Not that my old bothered to revoke extra time from pupils that we consistently not using it anyway). @Muttley79 I'm sure that you have to write in black too extra time or not (did that in 2019).
No, write in black - tat's what the exam board require. Use a non-gel pen.
Original post by Rit169
Does anyone know if you have to change your pen colour in the actual exam once you reach extra time? I know that in all previous mock examinations I have but was wondering if that was different in the actual thing. Panicking rn cuz have an a level on tuesday!!

Quick Reply

Latest