The Student Room Group

Studio Flat Renting Questions..

Been wanting to move out and found few studio apartments. Im confused on how they're advertised.

Studio 1: £325 p/m and £75 pppw based on 2.
Studio 2: £368 p/m and £80 pppw based on 2.

Now I've called up this place and asked about pricing and they said its £525 p/m. I'm confused, how has it increased by £200 and its only for me, single tenancy.. I don't get this
Those monthly prices are also per person based on 2 sharing. They shouldn't be advertised like that, but the landlords/agents present it like that to make it look cheaper. It also seems as though they charge extra for 2 people sharing, as what they've quoted for you is less than what they're asking in total for 2 people. Not sure if they're legally allowed to advertise it like that - it seems a bit misleading.
Original post by gaynor_scraggins
Those monthly prices are also per person based on 2 sharing. They shouldn't be advertised like that, but the landlords/agents present it like that to make it look cheaper. It also seems as though they charge extra for 2 people sharing, as what they've quoted for you is less than what they're asking in total for 2 people. Not sure if they're legally allowed to advertise it like that - it seems a bit misleading.

Yeah, I was very interested in the place but when the advisor said it cost more. I was shocked as I couldn't understand why its stating less than what it is. Is there any option to hold them for that price or nothing I can do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending