The Student Room Group

A Streetcar Named Desire Edexcel A Level English

Hi
My a level for A Streetcar Named Desire is in two weeks, and I am still struggling with structuring the essays and only scoring 14/25. If anyone has any tips or advice with writing these essays, or even high marking examples they are willing to share, I would be very grateful!
I do AQA but you should probably add more context and critical perspectives. Maybe that will help!
Original post by rebecca-lol
Hi
My a level for A Streetcar Named Desire is in two weeks, and I am still struggling with structuring the essays and only scoring 14/25. If anyone has any tips or advice with writing these essays, or even high marking examples they are willing to share, I would be very grateful!

hi, I recommend looking at examiner reports on edexcel website, they have marked example paragraphs
Original post by rebecca-lol
Hi

our teacher taught my class how to write essays by telling us to just come up with three points that have an overarching argument - e.g. if your question is on romantic relationships, your three points could be on the relationship between stella and stanley, blanche and allen, blanche and mitch --> the overarching point could be that Williams presents all of these romantic relationships as inherently unhealthy as they are not based on reality (blanche and allen being the illusion of a loving couple while its only for social status, blanche and mitch with the illusion of a fairy tale romance, stella and stanley with the illusion of a healthy relationship/the american dream) - I usually find this structure helps me get my analysis in while making sure I don't go too much off track!
also you won't be able to write about everything in your exam in the same way you could for coursework - so make sure you pick 2-3 arguments and stick with them!

are there any specific problems you have when it comes to your essays?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending