The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 3: Modern depth study 1HI0 30-33 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 3: Modern depth study 1HI0 30-33 - 9 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Thursday 9th June AM
Length: 1h20

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

This is the thread for discussions on:

30: Russia and the Soviet Union, 1917–41
31: Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39
32: Mao’s China, 1945–76
33: The USA, 1954–75: conflict at home and abroad.

Don't forget to use the history study help forum for help and advice too.

Good luck everyone. :bl:

Weimar and Nazi Germany will always be a topic close to my heart as its the GCSE topic I taught to my first ever year 10 class! :biggrin:
any tips on getting a 9 in history
Can't remember the whole thing of how Hitler became chancellor for the life of me :colonhash:

All ik is there was some dude called von papen someone called schleicher
Original post by noora1233
any tips on getting a 9 in history

Get good with your grammar, do the questions that absorb the most time and give least amount of marks last, time is of the essence and I hope you are timing yourself. Use as many sources as possible, but make sure you link it to the question. Try to be in depth with your explanations about why so and so happens. I hope this helps, this is what I have learnt in order to get myself from a 5 to a 9
Just remember it goes bruning who resigned, hindernburg replaced him with von papen, von papen failed to get majority twice, hindenburg replaced him with Von schleicher, von papen got mad and schemed with hitler, convinced hindenburg to allow hitler to be chancellor and himself to be vice....... and then hitler was named chancellor in January 1933

Original post by thrivingfrog
Can't remember the whole thing of how Hitler became chancellor for the life of me :colonhash:

All ik is there was some dude called von papen someone called schleicher
any predicted questions for the Germany paper tomorrow
Original post by hahaaddie
Just remember it goes bruning who resigned, hindernburg replaced him with von papen, von papen failed to get majority twice, hindenburg replaced him with Von schleicher, von papen got mad and schemed with hitler, convinced hindenburg to allow hitler to be chancellor and himself to be vice....... and then hitler was named chancellor in January 1933

Bruning tried to ban the nazi party right? Or was it the SA
Hope the exam went well! How are you feeling about it? :smile:
Original post by Mythical Pingu

It was a bit hard and didn't get to finish it all, but thanks for asking!:smile:
Reply 10
A lot easier than I expected, cram revision until 1am seems to be the strategy working for me despite all the negatives people mention for it. I guess it's whatever goes. Only one where I think I messed up was the interpretation and source link, also, picture for 1 was mean

Really good, I even correctly predicted the 16 marker!!

Im kinda scared because the 12 marker was how did hitler control attitudes in Germany in 1929-1939 using propaganda
I talked about how schools learnt eugenics and how it indorcinated antisemitism and patriarchism as nazis were superior especially aryans, and how hitlers youth was good as hitler wanted rearmament and he wanted a thousand year reich but only about 10 other people in my class used similiar points exeryone else talked about radios, meinz camp and newspaper/ goebels
Original post by 654321`
Hii, what were the questions on the Germany paper?

sorry i did the russia paper
I thought it was pretty good tbh, even if the majority of the paper was on the one topic I don't like
germany paper was so bad, the questions were very repetitive and i hadnt revised that particular topic at all idk why edexcel loves topic 2 so much
Original post by noora1233
germany paper was so bad, the questions were very repetitive and i hadnt revised that particular topic at all idk why edexcel loves topic 2 so much

Really? I thought it was really nice, the paper just seemed to ‘fit’ together, the topics complimented one another well
Original post by bunsenburner92
Really? I thought it was really nice, the paper just seemed to ‘fit’ together, the topics complimented one another well

i'm really worried. I didn't mention the use of propaganda to support interpretation 2's claim about the increase in support. I focused specifically on the significance of the votes allowing him to be the biggest party in the Reichstag. I did not talk about the methods the Nazis used to GET these votes
Original post by Blue_Bunny
Really good, I even correctly predicted the 16 marker!!

is it bad I didn't mention propaganda for the 16 marker to support interpretation 2's claim about why hitler became chancellor. I specifically talked about why the votes enabled him to become to largest party in the Reichstag rather than the methods used to GET there.
Original post by hahaaddie
i'm really worried. I didn't mention the use of propaganda to support interpretation 2's claim about the increase in support. I focused specifically on the significance of the votes allowing him to be the biggest party in the Reichstag. I did not talk about the methods the Nazis used to GET these votes

you didn’t specifically need propaganda, it’s factual detail but as long as you had such detail in a different aspect you won’t be down marked!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending