The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 3 7402/3 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Felix32
Pro tip (disclaimer not a pro) do essay like 30 min into the paper so that you know you’ve done it or do like a couple paragraphs so u know you’ve done at least some of it:smile:

thats legit what i was thinking but u know how they say oh when u start answering the q u start to think of more stuff
Are ppl actually going to read the essay titles first? I think it’s the one tip from estruch I won’t follow as I think I won’t be focusing on the questions I will be distracted thinking about what to put on the essay.

Thanks, I hope at least one of those comes up!
Original post by Astudy
Thanks, I hope at least one of those comes up!

ikr, there's so many ahah
no worries!
Guys didn't aqa put that list of all essay titles or something idk it exactly but I remember it had the titles and topics u could write about wouldn't it be better to just plan things for all the essays so you'd have an idea of what to write if It did come up
Original post by sunshine11111
thats legit what i was thinking but u know how they say oh when u start answering the q u start to think of more stuff

Yeah! It depends on how u work if you’ll be distracted or stressed thinking abt the essay title I’d suggest doing it like 30 min in, like do some questions first get into it then read the title and u can either continue questions for a bit or start it there. Either way I’d out a plan down once you read it and then add to it if u do more qs :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Rara345
Are ppl actually going to read the essay titles first? I think it’s the one tip from estruch I won’t follow as I think I won’t be focusing on the questions I will be distracted thinking about what to put on the essay.

I’m gonna read them not first first but def early like 20min in, but it really depends on how u work! At the end of the day you know urself best so if ur gonna get stressed or distracted by it then I’d do it like maybe 50min from the end of the paper? Or if ur running out of time I’d skip and get it planned maybe :smile: Like yeah 25 marks is a good chunk of it but the other 53 marks are also important so I’d focus on them and then give urself at least 40min for the essay! 👍
(edited 1 year ago)
anyone got a nice structure to follow for biology essay
havent been taught it at my school
Original post by bruh1234213
anyone got a nice structure to follow for biology essay
havent been taught it at my school

Honestly what I do is plan then scribble 4 paragraphs of 4 topics or 5 if I can, just make sure they’re all different topics and not from the same chapter. You don’t need intros or conclusions just link it back to the question in each 👍 you can pick up marks for ur plan but that’s mainly for if u don’t finish so make sure it’s legible but don’t spend too long planning it write as much as u can :smile:
Also reminder for everyone- although the essay is a big chunk of 25, the other 53 marks are important as well! Even if you only write abt 3 topics or paragraphs u can still pick up up to 15 marks so if essays really really aren’t ur thing focus on the other marks then do a few paragraphs at the end (but def push for 4 if u can) :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Felix32
Honestly what I do is plan then scribble 4 paragraphs of 4 topics or 5 if I can, just make sure they’re all different topics and not from the same chapter. You don’t need intros or conclusions just link it back to the question in each 👍 you can pick up marks for ur plan but that’s mainly for if u don’t finish so make sure it’s legible but don’t spend too long planning it write as much as u can :smile:

so can 4 different chapters, be 4 different titles on the spec, e,g nervous coordination and muscle contraction will be different cos their diff points on the spec,
I have a feeling meiosis may come up under all cells arise from other cells
Original post by Lucy.may2
so can 4 different chapters, be 4 different titles on the spec, e,g nervous coordination and muscle contraction will be different cos their diff points on the spec,

I’m not sure, I would try to do different chapters just in case, but of course if u can’t think of any on the day do it! I think it’s one of those ones where it’s up to the examiner on the day and they might be more lenient this year? but I’d still say aim for different chapters if u can think of them :smile:

EDIT: I think they do allow different spec points in the same chapter it’s just a precautionary!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Lucy.may2

WAIT wait ignore me actually I just looked at one of the mark scheme and it allowed different spec points in the same topic!! I think our teacher meant it as more of a cautionary just in case they don’t
Original post by Felix32
WAIT wait ignore me actually I just looked at one of the mark scheme and it allowed different spec points in the same topic!! I think our teacher meant it as more of a cautionary just in case they don’t

ah That makes sense thank u!
Spoiler for the 2020 paper 3 mark scheme for enzymes essay!

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)
Enzymes is such a nice essay title. So was ions last year. I hope we get as lucky!
any predictions for paper 3 essay? besides what miss estruch said
Original post by Meme025
Wait why those specifically? Couldn’t it be anything?

That's what she's estimated based of advanced info, past essay titles and her predictions

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending