The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Biology Paper 3 7402/3 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did the AQA A Level Biology Paper 3 exam go for you?

AQA A Level Biology Paper 3 7402/3 - 24 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 24th June AM
Length: 2h

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Any predictions for essay titles?
Original post by custardyfingers
Any predictions for essay titles?

According to Miss Estruch on Youtube

Importance of Transport in Organisms
Importance of Microorganisms
Importance of Concentration Gradients
Are the 25 markers just going to be to do with the advanced info?
Original post by fijitastic

Original post by rosieee_mae1234
Are the 25 markers just going to be to do with the advanced info?

No, 25 markers are synoptic questions and they cover all aspects of the spec.
Reply 5
for practical 2 is it just microcroscopy skills/ methodogy and mitotic index you can be asked about?
Reply 6

Omg I rly hope microorganisms doesn’t come up what do u even write abt for that
Reply 7

Wait why those specifically? Couldn’t it be anything?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Meme025
Wait why those specifically? Couldn’t it be anything?

It can be anything they’re her predictions based on previous years and gaps and stuff
She’s ‘disclaimed’ many times they’re just predictions and she has no knowledge of what they will definitely be or anything -could be 2 of them could be completely different :tongue:
Sigh hows everyone reviisng this paper since it can be literally anything from year 1 n 2
Original post by Lucy.may2
Sigh hows everyone reviisng this paper since it can be literally anything from year 1 n 2

gonna revise alll the content for aqa bio (there is so much i wanna cry),then do a timed essay coz the time is gonna be the end of me i swear, tahst it. the thing is p3 is after chem in a day so how u gonna balance that
Ikrrr ughh im gonna try use this weekend not to only focus on chem but also maybe do timed essays aswell becuase they can help with revision for other topics aswell and just ppqs tbh. Idk what else to do ive lost hope for biology
Ikrrr ughh im gonna try use this weekend not to only focus on chem but also maybe do timed essays aswell becuase they can help with revision for other topics aswell and just ppqs tbh. Idk what else to do ive lost hope for biology

same i felt so good for bio after mocks and stuff but idek what happened to me, i rlly dont think ive got the grade i need
Original post by Rara345
same i felt so good for bio after mocks and stuff but idek what happened to me, i rlly dont think ive got the grade i need

Me too honestly but all we can do is be hopeful
Me too honestly but all we can do is be hopeful

yhhhh I looked at 2019 grade boundaries which made me feel slightly better :s-smilie: Ig theres nothing we can do now like you said. Hoping it went better then you think x
Original post by Rara345

i really do understand how u feel, from what i think u do look like a high achieving and hard working student. HONESTLY do not worry ! u know why coz i know that u 100% did better than u think, bio is always like that. i use to come out of mocks and say what the hell was that and then get really well bio is legit so hard to predict, dont let that destroy ur confidence. uve got this !
Original post by sunshine11111
i really do understand how u feel, from what i think u do look like a high achieving and hard working student. HONESTLY do not worry ! u know why coz i know that u 100% did better than u think, bio is always like that. i use to come out of mocks and say what the hell was that and then get really well bio is legit so hard to predict, dont let that destroy ur confidence. uve got this !

You're so sweet tysm needed this <3 I hope so, i want my grades so badly :frown:
I genuinly rlly hope youve done well + get what you want/need- Im sure you have, your answers beofre and the exam looked so good!!! You're so righ tho, bio is so hard to predict, nothing to do now excpet prepare for next week which is an intense one.
Seriously ty for your kind messgae :grouphugs:
Original post by sunshine11111
gonna revise alll the content for aqa bio (there is so much i wanna cry),then do a timed essay coz the time is gonna be the end of me i swear, tahst it. the thing is p3 is after chem in a day so how u gonna balance that

Pro tip (disclaimer not a pro) do essay like 30 min into the paper so that you know you’ve done it or do like a couple paragraphs so u know you’ve done at least some of it:smile:
have any people other than miss estruch done essay predictions. I figure if I plan for like 5-10 predicted essay one of them is bound to come up
Original post by othello03
have any people other than miss estruch done essay predictions. I figure if I plan for like 5-10 predicted essay one of them is bound to come up

I haven’t seen any others. Tbh with essays I feel like the main points are often said regardless of title so if you plan some old ones even if they don’t come up you will have content down and be fine

Quick Reply

Latest