The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Credit Transfer - Is being offered 120 credits a possibility?

Hello,

I studied computer science for 2 years when I was 18-20, I'm now 26 and would love to study a degree in computing through the Open University. I have an issue of already using 2 years of student finance previously, meaning I only have 2 left.

I'm in no position to afford the £6,000ish it takes for the first year of the degree and was hoping I could credit transfer my Certificate of Higher Education in Computer science onto the course for the full 120 credits.
Is that something you've seen before or is it more likely to be 30-60 credits?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Asked for my transcript regardless.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by Dziire
Hello,

I studied computer science for 2 years when I was 18-20, I'm now 26 and would love to study a degree in computing through the Open University. I have an issue of already using 2 years of student finance previously, meaning I only have 2 left.

I'm in no position to afford the £6,000ish it takes for the first year of the degree and was hoping I could credit transfer my Certificate of Higher Education in Computer science onto the course for the full 120 credits.
Is that something you've seen before or is it more likely to be 30-60 credits?

Thanks!

where do you live? In england computer science is an exception subject for part time so they could well pay for a full degree completely again. yes I've heard of many students on different degrees managing to transfer that much, you can ask to be considered for combined stem as well if it allows you more credits transferred that way and then you could just pick all the relevant modules you wanted to do for computer science.
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
where do you live? In england computer science is an exception subject for part time so they could well pay for a full degree completely again. yes I've heard of many students on different degrees managing to transfer that much, you can ask to be considered for combined stem as well if it allows you more credits transferred that way and then you could just pick all the relevant modules you wanted to do for computer science.

I'm from England, but I studied Computer Science originally in a brick Uni Full-Time. Thanks for the response, I need to look into this once my uni sends my transcript....

Quick Reply

Latest