The Student Room Group

Finance and Accounting at Nottingham for investment banking?

Hi I'm a first year currently studying Finance and accounting at UON, I was wondering if this degree is sufficient to get my foot in the door at an investment bank. I got high enough grades to do economics but I chose this course. Does it really make a difference between the two
Finance and accounting at nottingham will be a degree IB employers will consider, however neither this or economics alone will get you an IB job. Spring weeks, internships, work experience are essential to get your foot in the door as IB is probably the most competitive grad job out there. Asset/Wealth management is another option to consider too, still very competitive but more achievable and whilst hours will still be long for a grad you will get some level of social life unlike in IB.
Reply 2
Original post by steffan1999
Finance and accounting at nottingham will be a degree IB employers will consider, however neither this or economics alone will get you an IB job. Spring weeks, internships, work experience are essential to get your foot in the door as IB is probably the most competitive grad job out there. Asset/Wealth management is another option to consider too, still very competitive but more achievable and whilst hours will still be long for a grad you will get some level of social life unlike in IB.

Do you think the degree subject matters for Asset Management and Wealth Management?
Original post by Manvith
Do you think the degree subject matters for Asset Management and Wealth Management?

For a lot of job listings for asset/wealth management they will often say that any finance/economics and sometimes STEM degrees are preferred but lots will also say that they consider applications from any degree.
Reply 4
Original post by steffan1999
For a lot of job listings for asset/wealth management they will often say that any finance/economics and sometimes STEM degrees are preferred but lots will also say that they consider applications from any degree.

What are the starting salaries for wealth management roles?Submit reply
Original post by Manvith
What are the starting salaries for wealth management roles?Submit reply

If were talking London, where 95% of wealth management roles will be. Expect graduate/entry level roles to pay around £30-35k (can be more or slightly less than this) plus a bonus of around 10-20%.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending