The Student Room Group

DSA laptop

I'm entitled to getting a new laptop with my DSA allowance, do they pick the laptop that i have to get or is it something I have to look for myself. I know that in the assessment they said my current laptop would not be able to support all the different software that they are going to give me and that's why I should get a new one so will they recommend laptops that will be able to support all the software? just asking so I don't end up buying a laptop that doesn't work well. Also if I have to search for one myself which would anyone recommend? I'm used to windows so I would rather not have a MacBook if i can help it.
Original post by Spelunker
I'm entitled to getting a new laptop with my DSA allowance, do they pick the laptop that i have to get or is it something I have to look for myself. I know that in the assessment they said my current laptop would not be able to support all the different software that they are going to give me and that's why I should get a new one so will they recommend laptops that will be able to support all the software? just asking so I don't end up buying a laptop that doesn't work well. Also if I have to search for one myself which would anyone recommend? I'm used to windows so I would rather not have a MacBook if i can help it.

Hi there.

I think that @_Rusty_ or @micholate9 may be able to help. :smile:

Best wishes. :smile:
Original post by Spelunker

The supplier will offer you a standard windows laptop. They may also offer you upgrades to other laptops. You’ll have to pay the difference in cost between the upgraded laptop and the standard one, as well as the £200 contribution. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the tag @TriplexA 😊
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by micholate9
The supplier will offer you a standard windows laptop. They may also offer you upgrades to other laptops. You’ll have to pay the difference in cost between the upgraded laptop and the standard one, as well as the £200 contribution. Hope this helps.

thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest