The Student Room Group

Cambridge Offer Holders 2015 thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Original post by paradoxicalme
Anyone else in the boat where they're the only one out of their friendship group to get in? My best friend and two of my other close friends applied (2 to Oxford, 1 to Cambridge) - all insanely clever, amazing grades, my best friend in particular I figured had a better chance than me for sure - none of them got in. Makes it a bit bittersweet.

I'm in the opposite situation where literally all of my close friends got offers but it made me realise how heartbreaking it would have been if even one of them didn't, so I really sympathise
College: Corpus Christi
Subject: English
Conditions: A*AA

Any other Corpus offer holders? Also, if you have an offer from any of the central colleges - you'll be near me :smile::smile:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Oh I applied to Christ's! When was your interview?

On Tuesday the 9th (I applied for Biological)
Reply 263
Anyone else in the boat where they're the only one out of their friendship group to get in? My best friend and two of my other close friends applied (2 to Oxford, 1 to Cambridge) - all insanely clever, amazing grades, my best friend in particular I figured had a better chance than me for sure - none of them got in. Makes it a bit bittersweet.

Yeah in my maths class I sit in a row with 2 others, both Oxbridge applicants, both rejected after interview. One other really nice girl is waiting to hear back from the same college as me (for English :wink:) and I really hope it's good news. Otherwise I'm the only one from my school!

Sorry if this is silly but I remember you saying you go to a really good private school; I'd have expected like 10+ successful candidates. Is this not the case?
English
Murray Edwards
A*AA
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Indeed we shall haha, we'll defo organise something anyway

awesome! and I briefly saw your convo with paradoxicalme saying Downing, Christ's and Emma are really close to each other? that would make meeting up much easier :wink:
Got to start working.... Anyone else insanely scared of not meeting the requirements now - so much motivation to work! We've got a few months to get into gear; also Jasey, I'm taking advantage of you being at Pembroke.. I love the grounds, but obviously Corpus won it for me.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by JamesJL
Got to start working... Anyone else insanely scared of not meeting the requirements now - so much motivation to work! We've got a few months to get into gear, also Jasey, I'm taking advantage of you being at Pembroke because I love the grounds, I had a tour there when I did a residential, but Corpus still won it for me

You should be grateful you're not a Mathmo! we have STEP !!!!! half of us still arent going to make our offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SmallWorld_16
On Tuesday the 9th (I applied for Biological)

Ah wouldn't have seen you then!

Our luck was just sour with the applicants numbers. I managed to scrape a place there
Original post by aprocrastinator
awesome! and I briefly saw your convo with paradoxicalme saying Downing, Christ's and Emma are really close to each other? that would make meeting up much easier :wink:

Well we can take turns going into each college, I want to see them allll
I know it's frustrating, but the fact that you have an offer is freaking amazing! Well done! :biggrin: And if your college is one you haven't heard of (like Robinson - I always forget Robinson exists :tongue: but it's a lovely college) or an all-girls one or one far out from the centre, honestly don't worry about it too much. The same message I get from all my friends at Oxbridge is that your college will automatically be the best college. :biggrin:

Thank you I'm sure you're right, well done to you too:biggrin: I'm still going to be constantly checking my school emails on Monday though
College: Trinity
Course: Law
Unconditional

Awk, only just found this thread. Any more Trinitarians?
Original post by physicsmaths
You should be grateful you're not a Mathmo! we have STEP !!!!! half of us still arent going to make our offers!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know.. that's scary too. Just work for it, sure you'll be able to do it! I'm going for all A*'s and hope for the requirements, that's the battle plan
Original post by Elcor
Yeah in my maths class I sit in a row with 2 others, both Oxbridge applicants, both rejected after interview. One other really nice girl is waiting to hear back from the same college as me (for English :wink:) and I really hope it's good news. Otherwise I'm the only one from my school!

Sorry if this is silly but I remember you saying you go to a really good private school; I'd have expected like 10+ successful candidates. Is this not the case?

Haha, good luck to her! English is amazing :biggrin:

Last year it was - we have 100 people in each year approx (it's quite a small school I guess) and last year there were 20 applicants, 10 places, 7 people who made the offers I believe (one was a mathmo, one got the A* in the wrong subject, etc). But this year the lack of January modules ****ed us all - last year bad January results gave people a kick up the arse, but we didn't have that. Plus, a few people this year applied to particularly competitive courses and colleges (e.g. Economics at Brasenose). So we have 3 offers this year; 1 Oxford, 2 Cambridge.
Ah wouldn't have seen you then!

Our luck was just sour with the applicants numbers. I managed to scrape a place there

Well we can take turns going into each college, I want to see them allll

YES!! and go to every formal possible omg. I'm such an awful cambridge fan in the sense that I've done no research on my college's traditions and what not so I have no idea what Downing ones are like haha.

also is anyone considering drawing up a list of the offer holders for quick reference? (For the nosier ones of us, including myself)
Original post by diana99
CONGRATS! ! I would love to be in your position in 2 years time !!:biggrin:. What did you get for GCSE?:rolleyes::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! 9A*1A (english lit :angry:)
Original post by aprocrastinator
YES!! and go to every formal possible omg. I'm such an awful cambridge fan in the sense that I've done no research on my college's traditions and what not so I have no idea what Downing ones are like haha.

also is anyone considering drawing up a list of the offer holders for quick reference? (For the nosier ones of us, including myself)

Page 6

Grace a paradoxicalme

Omg I hate gowns and stuff though :colondollar: and suits errr
Original post by allypetal
English
Murray Edwards
A*AA
:biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by JamesJL
College: Corpus Christi
Subject: English
Conditions: A*AA

Any other Corpus offer holders? Also, if you have an offer from any of the central colleges - you'll be near me :smile::smile:

Woohoo English people! :biggrin: This is going to be so much fun - the English course at Cambridge is epic. Now we just have to make the offers...:tongue:

And James, the only other Corpus person on my list is paapercrane.

Original post by Jasey
I'm in the opposite situation where literally all of my close friends got offers but it made me realise how heartbreaking it would have been if even one of them didn't, so I really sympathise

I'm glad your friends made it :smile: The Oxford rejections came in a while back so people have had time to come to terms with it - they were pre-interview - but it's just so gutting. I wish more of us could have made it.

Also, by the way, if we both make it in I am totally taking advantage of you being at Pembroke. Pembroke's supposed to have the best food. :tongue:
Has anyone created a facebook group for Christ's offer holders? There seem to be quite a few of us on this thread!
Reply 278

I'm glad your friends made it :smile: The Oxford rejections came in a while back so people have had time to come to terms with it - they were pre-interview - but it's just so gutting. I wish more of us could have made it.

Also, by the way, if we both make it in I am totally taking advantage of you being at Pembroke. Pembroke's supposed to have the best food. :tongue:

Yeah it must be really gutting, I still feel really bad people who I'm not as close to but didn't make the cut since they were all so deserving!

And why do you think I chose Pembroke? :wink: Everyone is looking forward to punting, lectures and fresher's week. I'm looking forward to my first Pembroke brunch!:biggrin:
Original post by lilixxx1000
Has anyone created a facebook group for Christ's offer holders? There seem to be quite a few of us on this thread!

I was under the impression people already at Cambridge made them? Not sure

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending