The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

the bmw looks better
Reply 21
It's just as well OP is a girl, otherwise I'd have suggested option three; penis enlargement surgery.
Get a 123d. One of the best bmw's ever made.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 24
I would seriously re-consider.

Not because of the fact I think you are spoilt. If your parents are willing to shell out on a car of that magnitude then thats fair enough.

The only issue I have, is that a first car is the car you are basically still LEARNING in. After passing my test, I was still learning in my car for a good 4 months or so before I felt truly comfortable at the wheel. You start to learn really when you are on your own.

I would get a cheapish run around. One that you wouldn't mind with a few bumps and scrapes.

I crashed my Micra not long after buying it into a wall reversing out purely by mistake. Do that to a BMW or Audi, and its going to be expensive!!!

Trust me.

Buy a cheaper first car. Don't crash (hopefully), and build up the no claims - cheaper insurance for a couple/few years, and THEN buy a better car.

No shame in it.
You learn to love your first car WHATEVER it is. Trust me. If you told me at 17 I was going to be driving a Nissan Micra, and I would love the car, I would have told you to shut up.

Going cheaper doesn't mean more dangerous either. Of course, opt for a car that has good crash test scores by all means, but don't make your first car an expensive one.
For that money, i'd rather get a nice VW Golf and save the spare cash left over...
From what I have heard, the BMW 1 series drives a lot better than the Audi or Merc alternative.

Latest

Trending

Trending