The Student Room Group

I want to quit my apprenticeship so bad!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Beby Bear 123
Hi!
So im in the same situation and really meed help! I hope you guys will still comment on here for me!
Anyway, i am currently undertaking the business admin level 2 apprenticeship with an accountancy firm. I literally hate it. I have to open and close the office on my own nearly everyday, its run by only man and wife...this makes me feel rather outcasted as being their only employee. My manager constantly asks for me to make him coffees when he can clearly see ive got a load of work to be doing. And most of all which annoys me, is if they are to come into the office they are never on time and are usually hours late and then they leave early and give me awful jobs to do like shredding for the rest of the day until i go home!
I just recently left university for personal reasons to go to a structured working envrionment...and this is clearly not structured-nor what i expected! Also when i go to college one day a week i find it sooooooooo easy, ive passed all exams so far, and i see no point in me going as i find it that easy. They suggested going to do level 3, but i just think the entire thing is a load of rubbish tbh!

I have been offered a job with Fidelity Worldwide Investments company to work with their marketing data team which i am thrilled about. As i absolute despise where i work now, i just want to walk out right now and never go back. Today i took a day off as i feel unwell, also i just cant bear it anymore.

I already have a resignation letter written up but i feel bad to leave, but i shouldnt!! How long do i have to stay there after telling them i want to leave? I dont want it to be a week i want it to be instant lol! Is it the same as a normal job?-having to still work a few days/weeks after the letter, or as its an apprenticeship you can leave when you wish to leave the course?

Please help me!!

Firstly, when do you start the new job you've been offered? Do you have that offer in writing etc?
Secondly, it should say in your contact what notice you need to give them. I would imagine it's at least a week. How long do you have left of the apprenticeship? Would it not be worth sticking with it and gaining the qualification?
I did an apprenticeship from 16-18 it was absolutely useless, I did it at a Youth offending team working 9-6 , I thought I'd be learning lots instead I was stuck in the office making cups of tea, doing numerous amounts of copying, filing & making spreadsheets for a pittance of £100 a week to actually work in the YOT doing interesting things you need a degree in social work , I left after 2 years and did an access course going to start my degree in September, it's just low paid slavery.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending