The Student Room Group

Not sure what to do

Hello, I’m a 17 year old who just left school in July and started a bakery apprenticeship. I’ve been there for a month and realised that baking isn’t what I want to do and I feel I went into working far too early so I’m looking at other options. The problem is that I have no idea what I want to do but I want to quit so bad. I can’t even apply to a college because it’s already October and all applications have shut. I’m stuck in such a weird spot and I’m wondering if there’s any other options I can take to do me until January when applications open back up again.
Original post by Jason1874
Hello, I’m a 17 year old who just left school in July and started a bakery apprenticeship. I’ve been there for a month and realised that baking isn’t what I want to do and I feel I went into working far too early so I’m looking at other options. The problem is that I have no idea what I want to do but I want to quit so bad. I can’t even apply to a college because it’s already October and all applications have shut. I’m stuck in such a weird spot and I’m wondering if there’s any other options I can take to do me until January when applications open back up again.

Id stick it out for the time being, until you get onto a college course/another apprenticeship.
Look into college. Some courses start in january, so that may be an option. Otherwise it will be september. Look on the colleges websites. Alternatively look to see if there are any other apprenticeships around that may interest you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending