The Student Room Group

Do you believe in God?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by TheWiseSalmon
I hope I've made my position clearer. I am an atheist, but I also don't believe in absolute knowledge.
You are clearly happy knowing nothing.

I an very happy taking data, drawing a conclusion and, depending on contrary indicators and past experience, sometimes calling that data 'knowledge'.

Original post by TheWiseSalmon
However this philosophical position achieves nothing so I very much like pragmatism.
I know the sun will come up in the morning. One day it won't but it will tomorrow.

I know there are no fairies (except the Tooth Fairy), angels, ghosts, god, leprechauns, dryads, gods, naiads or pixies.
Yes I do believe in God because my holy books gives me all the answers to my questions and the answers r true n accurate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 22
Yes. I can see His wonder everyday. I have been through phases of being an atheist and then He came and pulled me into the light!
Original post by catsis
Yes. I can see His wonder everyday. I have been through phases of being an atheist and then He came and pulled me into the light!

Ohh Bless U :smile: [ the God pulled u into the light]

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes I do. He's got me.
Reply 25
Very even poll results at the moment, interesting stuff!
No. Because I've got a few friends called science, logic & reason
Reply 27
No.

Original post by Simes
Occam's razor. There is no evidence there is a god. Therefore, there is no reason to believe there is a god.

I think you misunderstood OR so I fixed it for you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by Dilmurod Dilmu
No. Because I've got a few friends called science, logic & reason

lol
Reply 29
Original post by Fallen99
Yes I do believe in God because my holy books gives me all the answers to my questions and the answers r true n accurate :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What religion are you?
No. All religious concepts of god are rather silly.

:evilbanana:
Original post by mrocd2014
Why/why not?

Lisa Simpson created the world by electrocuting a tooth in cola.
No, to me it's like believing in Santa or fairies.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Shakz
Hell yes!! He is the creator, the almighty, omnipotent, omniscient, god!!!!!

I saw you on another thread saying you got an offer from Cambridge (I think) so you must be taking the piss
Which country is that? :smile:
It depends whether we are applying principles which we use to describe reality.
Ah, I've heard it's nice there. Didn't know anything about the religious culture though.

To be honest the UK is pretty secular too - though that might just be my experience.
Reply 37
no,no proof.
Original post by mrocd2014
What religion are you?

I am a muslim :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gott der Zweite
I saw you on another thread saying you got an offer from Cambridge (I think) so you must be taking the piss

People at/offer holders for Oxbridge CAN believe in God, you know :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest