Turn on thread page Beta

Your thoughts and experience on PE watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I really hated PE, both in primary school and high school. I hated doing team sports like netball and benchball especially, because everybody would yell at me if I did something wrong, and nobody wanted me on their team as I was useless. I would've liked to have played sports like badminton, which I'm actually quite good at, but sadly we were rarely allowed to do that.

One game which I outright refused to play was dodgeball. If we were told we were doing dodgeball, I would sit down and refuse to join in. I was not only terrified of being hit by the balls, but the shouting and screaming which occurred during each game seriously stressed me out.

I don't think I've ever felt more relieved than when I finished my last ever PE lesson!

ReputationRep:
    Came here thinking this was about Private Equity...

ReputationRep:
    Let's put it this way. Every year, my PE teacher would write in my report something like "With his current positive attitude, he could greatly improve next year" and I never did.

ReputationRep:
    Hated it. Didn't do it for two years; I had a note every lesson. Still got a distinction in it (coursework).

Didn't like that it was segregated - girls did badminton, netball. dance and rounders. Boys did rugby, cricket, football and basketball. Seemed a bit backwards. It was a few years ago tho, so things might have changed.

I found it horrible working with the sporty people as they would get super angry at everyone who wasn't sporty. Like I was crap at running and throwing and they would yell at me because I didn't a rounder. It was always awful being picked last for teams as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i loved pe so much. the only downside of it was the 8 laps at the beginning of every lesson

ReputationRep:
    I hated P.E with a passion

ReputationRep:
    playing football in heavy rain and waterlogged pitch was amazing, i miss PE

ReputationRep:
    PE and Drama...horrible.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by holson)
    Hated it. Didn't do it for two years; I had a note every lesson. Still got a distinction in it (coursework).

Didn't like that it was segregated - girls did badminton, netball. dance and rounders. Boys did rugby, cricket, football and basketball. Seemed a bit backwards. It was a few years ago tho, so things might have changed.

I found it horrible working with the sporty people as they would get super angry at everyone who wasn't sporty. Like I was crap at running and throwing and they would yell at me because I didn't a rounder. It was always awful being picked last for teams as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    before GCSE, we were mixed with those sporty people and i had the misfortune to be part of a pe class that had these boys who were extremely homophobic. They'd call out names to those who they'd assume were gay and it was soooo nasty. so now that gcse pe have filtered out those people, all i get now from time to time is ''are you gonna play or not'' from other team mates xD

ReputationRep:
    My school had a shortage of PE teachers so for years 10 + 11 my group didn't have one. Instead we would all group up around the equipment store and have a vote on what to do that lesson. Usually the winner was to stack up the crash mats in the gym and launch ourselves off of the wall-bars onto them and hope we didn't miss. Retrospectively; a disaster waiting to happen.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by 06sulraj)
    PE and Drama...horrible.
    oh my god dont even get me started on drama. though i tried my best and acted a few times, i would cringe everytime the teacher made me do it cos it's so out of my comfort zone
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by K.C)
    i loved pe so much. the only downside of it was the 8 laps at the beginning of every lesson
    i walk and cut corners to make him
    Spoiler:
    Show
    P*ssed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Reue)
    My school had a shortage of PE teachers so for years 10 + 11 my group didn't have one. Instead we would all group up around the equipment store and have a vote on what to do that lesson. Usually the winner was to stack up the crash mats in the gym and launch ourselves off of the wall-bars onto them and hope we didn't miss. Retrospectively; a disaster waiting to happen.
    i love those mats! in gymnastics i would just lie on it xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by butt plugger)
    Penis enlargement is a mug's game, IHatePE, and you'd be better off giving up. Everyone in that game starts with high hopes and ends up resenting the world even more than when they began. It won't get any bigger. It just won't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ihatePE)
    i dont really mind it when i was in London, but after moving to Wales it's like hell. they dont integrate boys and girls in the lesson. boys do their ''boy'' sport and girls do their ''girl'' sport. what about people who identify as feminine or masculine? why force all boys to do rugby when some girls have also expressed their interest as well? why limit dance to only girls? why cant boys play hand ball? why why why why. IhatePE
    Wow, you never came across to me as someone who hates PE! Never would've thought you hated PE, IhatePE.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by grvcex97)
    Wow, you never came across to me as someone who hates PE! Never would've thought you hated PE, IhatePE.
    It's shocking :/ i know

ReputationRep:
    The funnest sh*t ever.

Gr8 banter lesson

ReputationRep:
    PE was quite enjoyable , if it was a sport i was good at. Although in highschool , people get so emotional over sports and flame each other.

ReputationRep:
    Hated it.

ReputationRep:
    rounders is the best idc, plus athletics in the summer was always so much fun. I hate hockey with a passion though, always did it in the winter

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.