The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I hate how most law-related films and shows are about criminal cases.
No one has mentioned the film "Murder in the First".

Excellent and compelling courtroom drama.
Libertin du Nord
Boston Legal is actually frightfully entertaining for a while... it gets a bit predictable after watching a couple of series though.

I totally agree.

Altogether 'LESBIAN' (don't worry, if u don't watch Boston Legal, you won't understand that)
Reply 23
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the BBC adaptation of “Bleak House” is amazing sadly it doesn’t paint a pretty picture of the law :rolleyes: .
Reply 24
I just saw Bloody Sunday, on the killing of thirteen people and the wounding of a further fourteen (one of whom was to die shortly afterwards) in Derry in 1972 by the British Army. "Rough justice"
Judge Dredd.
Reply 26
Gilliwoo
I hate how most law-related films and shows are about criminal cases.

Easier to sensationalise.

The Green Mile is another amazing prison/ miscarriage of justice film. I cried for days though... :s-smilie:
The Shawshank Redemption? That's bloody brilliant :biggrin:

It's not really about law though, is it...
Reply 28
Onearmedbandit
The Shawshank Redemption? That's bloody brilliant :biggrin:

It's not really about law though, is it...

No, but it is about justice. Which the OP also asked for.
Scots_Law
Not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the BBC adaptation of “Bleak House” is amazing sadly it doesn’t paint a pretty picture of the law :rolleyes: .

1 of my lectures actually played clips of this during 1 of your lectures. another thing that she played during our lectures was the bbc program the trial, about the footballer accuse dof rape and then it went through the court trail. it was quiet good actually.
Philadelphia with Tom Hanks.
Really good movie :smile:
Dreama
No, but it is about justice. Which the OP also asked for.

Ah yes. Of course. There we go then. I recommend you watch the Shawshank Redemption frenchboy :smile:
Reply 32
Does anyone remember a short series called 'Trust'. Starred Robson Green and documented life in a City firm. It's fairly entertaining if a little unrealistic in the sense that no one seems to do any real work. Anyway, if you want to see it you'll have to get the DVD as I've never seen it repeated. Worth a watch though.
hey where are all the former regulars in this forum gone?
Holiday, presumably! Unfortunately apart from my little trip to Wales last week I don't have that luxury :frown: So here I am! :biggrin:
Reply 35
Haven't watched any, but they are supposed to be subtle legal themes I think at Warwick, which are usually discussed afterwards, a list is here:

http://www.warwicklawsociety.com/events/cinema.shtml
Reply 36
A Man For All Seasons is well worth watching.
Reply 37
TopCat06
hey where are all the former regulars in this forum gone?

When I first joined there were regulars but they no longer post so I dont either :frown:

(apart from a few comments these last few days)
lol i've just got back from holiday but no one is here from the 2007 offers bunch. meh
Reply 39
Of all these films and TV series, The Innocence Project seems the most fascinating. I went to the Bristol Open Day and there was a tutorial on this very project.
The TV program is reviewed here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Innocence_Project_%28BBC_TV_Series%29#Episodes

I am able to download Programs 1 and 2 on Emule (almost done after 2 weeks!). But there are no complete sources for Programs 3 and 4 and 5 ... anyone know where I might get them. 6,7,8 not even listed on Emule. Can't find them as torrents. Don't seem to be available in DVD. Thanks.

Latest

Trending

Trending