The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

She's a nutcase.

But, if she can cope, good on her.

Just do NOT say 'I told you so' if she finds she's in over her head when it gets to exams.
Reply 21
She should only really do so many subjects if she's absolutely sure that she will get at least B grades (preferably As) in all of them. I promise you that 3As is much much better than 6Bs.
Reply 22
There used to be a girl on here called s_k8 i think, who did 8 A-Levels.....and theres an american girl called megan here who's stupidly brilliant....

Some people just love to do massive amounts of work! must all be masochists :p:
Reply 23
Make babies with her asap, I would be thinking of her future earnings if I were you :wink:
Theoretically. no.
Practically. yes.
Fusion
Make babies with her asap, I would be thinking of her future earnings if I were you :wink:

Judging by Doctor salaries compared to their effort, I think not...unless she becomes a GP...where the average earns 110,000!!! :eek:
Reply 26
Whoa :|
Not mad, just a bit overly ambitious. I think she has a bit too many subjects but it's her business. The other out of school things she's doing sound good. I'd join the others in advising you to support her, an unsupportive bf is really depressing.
i think it's great she's doing that, and you shouldnt discourage her
Reply 29
Tallon
sounds like you have got the perfect superhuman girlfriend lol

lol

OP, it will definitely affect her grades and school work unless she is absolutely sure she will be able to juggle them all...
I did AS Chemistry, History, Maths, ICT, Spanish, Biology, Critical Thinking and General Studies, with Spanish and Biology being at evening classes. I also did D of E Gold, and quite a bit of voluntary work. I managed, but retrospectively I'd probably not have done so many as it was very stressful around exam time!
She just sounds like a normal TSR girl. You probably should've gone anonymous
Reply 32
Her getting relevant work experience (in a hospital, nursing home or clinic) is far more important than BSL and General Studies. It is a lack of relevant work experience that might preclude her from getting onto a med course, not a lack of a ridiculous number of A Levels and activities.
Reply 33
Everyone's different I guess. My boyfriend did 6 A Levels and got 6 As, coupled with distinctions at AEAs, doing little work. This is while working weekends in a shop and spending evenings teaching piano.

Me, I'm not exactly finding 4 ASs easy, and I don't even have a job yet.
Original post by &#946
Lol, don't expect to see her much in the next two years.

:yep:

There's no point proving that you're exemplary, when you don't have to be.
Reply 35
sohanshah
Who is this girlfriend of yours? She is human right? Wow.
Take a picture of her and hang it up. It's probably the only time you'll get to see her.

But anyway:
General Studies is not required for medicine as no University really accepts it.
Universities only ask for 3 A-Level most.
BSL isn't really required but it's nice to do.
D of E Gold is for personal pride I guess?

All of this is exactly what I wanted to say.

Her eyes may be bigger than her stomach. You know what I mean? I can't find the words.
AnthonyShock
Hi. My girlfriend is wanting to do Medicine at Edbinburgh Uni and she has took Chemistry, Maths, Biology, Further Maths and French. Now those are hard and time consuming subjects in themselves aren't they? But she won;t stop there! She is going to do AS Music after school, whilst having a 10 hour shift in a childrens fun-warehouse, going to a BSL class once a week for 3 hours, doing General Studies during her frees AND finally she is doing D of E Gold! Is she absolutely crazy? I've heard of people doing like 6 AS levels but she also has a job and most of her studies like further maths and music are all after school! She says she find it easy but we've only started Year 12 and there isn't any exam peessure on...yet! She's wanting to get all A's too. I've tried telling her to drop a few things but she is absolutely persistant that she won't get into Medicine without them. Is what she is doing just impossible or not? Would her social life suffer? I personally couldn't do that!

She\s mental! What did she get in her GCSEs?
Mighty Grandiose Noble Knight
She\s mental! What did she get in her GCSEs?

He mentioned,
3 A* 5 As 3 Bs
was predicted 7 A* 4 As
Reply 38
pfft, she could do more.
Reply 39
From what we've heard here, it just sounds like she'll struggle in all honesty.

Latest