The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caedus
I don't think the average Jew on the street is to blame. Although the government of Israel is obviously unrelenting in its murder of innocent people, I certainly don't harbor any resentment for the average non-decision making, non-combative Jew.

Yeah same, I'm just saying if I was a Palestinian, I would feel rather aggrieved right now.
Original post by Huskaris
Yeah same, I'm just saying if I was a Palestinian, I would feel rather aggrieved right now.

Weird because nobody here had any right to be angry about Lee Rigby :rolleyes:
Original post by InnerTemple
I don't really buy this line.

Even if Hamas were using the UN School as some kind of shield, is it proportionate to bomb it? I don't think it is.

It seems totally irresponsible, and perhaps even illegal, to identify a target in a civillian building and proceed to blow it to buggary.

Retaliatory fire is returned to the source. Same as any other conflict.
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Although I don't believe what Hitler did was right I believe that these Palestinians have a right to be angry.

I found it quite amusing.

[video="youtube;8vPla7pqqmQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vPla7pqqmQ[/video]

Hamas are a designated terrorist organisation according to the UN, Egypt, UAE, Saudi Arabia, USA, Europe, India, Japan, Russia, AU, NZ, Turkey...I could go on. The fact is these terrorists have to be eliminated one way or another and so Israel have every right to do so
Original post by Snagprophet
Yeah, screw Israel for allowing AID supplies through and obeying ceasefires.

not to mention bombing schools as well
Weird because nobody here had any right to be angry about Lee Rigby :rolleyes:

One man killed by two lunatics is vastly different to the systemic massacre of thousands of civilians. Either you can see and understand that, and are being deliberately obtuse, or you are completely moronic.

Drawing parallels between what was an absolutely tragic murder, and a massacre with many war crimes being committed whilst the world just sits and watches, is idiotic in the extreme.
Why is Israel innocent?

Because they hold the moral high ground for protecting their own people and obeying ceasefires. Now we have hospitals in Gaza running out of supplies because Hamas broke the ceasefire. Hamas could end this at any time, but they won't. Even the UN have admitted Hamas made targets out of their buildings.

Original post by Et Tu, Brute?
not to mention bombing schools as well

Not much of a safe environment if it's packed with weapons, is it? So are you suggesting Israel hold back so that human shields can be human shields?
(edited 9 years ago)
They're not necessarily Palestinians and the guy is chanting "all hail Hitler" not 'Heil Hitler'. So might want to change the title.

They seem relatively composed in a way you don't expect from people grieving dead family members. When I've seen Palestinians protesting the hate and grief has been more pronounced.

The way the guy casually says "Hezbollah ****ed you guys" makes me think these guys aren't Palestinians but rather pro-Palestine Muslim protesters.

As such, there is no excuse for them spewing such bile, although there are of course similarities between Nazism and Islam so it's not altogether surprising.
I don't really buy this line.

Even if Hamas were using the UN School as some kind of shield, is it proportionate to bomb it? I don't think it is.

It seems totally irresponsible, and perhaps even illegal, to identify a target in a civillian building and proceed to blow it to buggary.

we ( allies ) pretty much levelled whole cities full of civilian buildings in nazi germany.
i think the current gazan case is even more pertinent, seeing as hamas deliberatly launch attacks amounsgt civilians and then hide amoungt them, (inc in hospitals) - so they dont sahre the same morality or regard for human life that we do. tis is the difficulty - but i dont see that they can become immune from military response by purely hiding in a some 'no attack zone'- all possible measures must be taken to ensure minimsed civ casualty, but at the end of the day there no 'no attack zones' in israel. hamas are using the palestinians as their human shields, thy know if they actually showed some bravery and faced idf face to face they wouldnt last long. this si the principle every islamsit and terrorist operate on - its what makes them terrorist rather than solders or warriors
(edited 9 years ago)
Hamas must be stopped at all costs, they are pure scum and whatever it takes they will be eradicated one way or another.
The responses here are exactly what I would expect. Even if they 'have a right to be angry' that doesn't excuse chanting Heil Hitler.
Original post by Pinzgauer
Retaliatory fire is returned to the source. Same as any other conflict.

That might be fine if the source wasn't a hospital ward or the geography department of a local school.

The principle of proportionality applies. Israel seem to just be operating in a totally irresponsible manner here.

Original post by Meenglishnogood
we ( allies ) pretty much levelled whole cities full of civilian buildings in nazi germany.

We did - and it is worth thinking about the fact that bomber command crews recieved very little in the way of praise after the war. It wasn't until recently that we saw a memorial put up to commemerate bomber crews.

We had also declared total war and this is not the case at present.

As such, I do not think a parellel can be drawn...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Clip
Yes, when I get angry the first thing that springs to my mind is to become a member of the Third Reich.

No. Youre right but this isnt a normal protest is it.....its people who have been bombed and attacked for the past two weeks.

How do you know those protesters have lost family? :confused:

Do you need to lose family to feel sorry for babies and children dying?
That might be find if the source wasn't a hospital ward or the geography department of a local school.

The principle of proportionality applies. Israel seem to just be operating in a totally irresponsible manner here.

We did - and it is worth thinking about the fact that bomber command crews recieved very little in the way of praise after the war. It wasn't until recently that we saw a memorial put up to commemerate bomber crews.

We had also declared total war and this is not the case at present.

As such, I do not think a parellel can be drawn...

yes and total war involved a lot more too. i was drawing the parralel that morality is often influenced by the enemy you face. israel arnt levelling whole cities ( even though they have more than enough firepower to do so) same principle applied to USA in iraq - both use targetted smart missles, plot targets carefully etc this is not 100% foolproof, but it demonstrates the intension to target islamists and reduce civ casualty. compare that to hamas who fire from within civ populations hide in schools and hospitals and use rockets that are neither guided or targetted, they launch at israel hoping to kill whoever they hit.
israel are in an unwinnable position frankly, they pulled armed forces out of gaza years ago but still islamists flourished. my opinion of it is , while islamist influence is there, either israel has to remove itself as a nation (ie pander to the islamist agenda), or it ha to go all out and fully occupy palestine again, hunting down one by one every islamist, regardless of how long it takes. simply answering rocket fire with missles will not bring a resolution
That might be fine if the source wasn't a hospital ward or the geography department of a local school.

And Hamas aren't irresponsible for hiding in a school that they know will therefore be at risk of attack due to their presence?
One man killed by two lunatics is vastly different to the systemic massacre of thousands of civilians. Either you can see and understand that, and are being deliberately obtuse, or you are completely moronic.

Drawing parallels between what was an absolutely tragic murder, and a massacre with many war crimes being committed whilst the world just sits and watches, is idiotic in the extreme.

Don't care, same old one way street, British people don't seem to have a right to be offended by anything, no difference at all. And i'm not even British. It's not just 1 person either, it has been Islamism that has been going on for years, Pakistani peodpihle gangs up and down the UK, yet everybody was lamblasted for speaking out against it, yet Muslims can riot over cartoons and everybody supports them. Loll

Under international law, ANY building/institution being used for military purposes, is a legitimate military target.

Israel is obliged to safeguard civilians and gives multi-level warnings more than any other army in the world.

Does the British army warn Taliban before hitting their base?
Don't care, same old one way street, British people don't seem to have a right to be offended by anything, no difference at all. And i'm not even British. It's not just 1 person either, it has been Islamism that has been going on for years, Pakistani peodpihle gangs up and down the UK, yet everybody was lamblasted for speaking out against it, yet Muslims can riot over cartoons and everybody supports them. Loll

Oh right, yeah don't worry, I definitely agree with you on the softly softly offend no one touch the UK seems to be taking, simply isn't working, and never will.
Oh right, yeah don't worry, I definitely agree with you on the softly softly offend no one touch the UK seems to be taking, simply isn't working, and never will.

I wouldn't expect anything less from a British person, you started hated on your own kind many, many years ago. :biggrin:

But no seriously, all jokes aside and getting back to the topic, The hypocrisy on here is quite amazing that people are supporting these people chanting the name of somebody who attempted to wipe out a whole group of people, and everybody is supporting it :s-smilie: That's just my opinion anyway.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Lady Comstock
And Hamas aren't irresponsible for hiding in a school that they know will therefore be at risk of attack due to their presence?

This^^^

Latest

Trending

Trending