The Student Room Group

Dental Hygiene and Therapy 2010 entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
i-like-teef!
Yeah i got offered Harry Law halls also. I havent sent my bursary form off either as i was also waiting for the number the uni send. When i called the uni to check when this would be coming the man i spoke to said dont wait for the number just sent the form off and the NHS will look up your name and details and find your number. So i rang the NHS and they took my name and had no record of me! So i rang uni back and spoke to someone else in a diffferent department and they said they have sent the details through of people on our course twice already. But she said she'll chase it up...i'll call again tomorrow!

same here...thats what happened to me aswell the NHS people said my name wasnt in their records so I called portsmouth and they said they just sent the list off to NHS so it should be in records soon but i dont know whats been going on at the moment, is their like a deadline for this NHS bursary form?
Aliyah123
same here...thats what happened to me aswell the NHS people said my name wasnt in their records so I called portsmouth and they said they just sent the list off to NHS so it should be in records soon but i dont know whats been going on at the moment, is their like a deadline for this NHS bursary form?

I think there is and the way the man at uni was speaking it has passed! But dont actually know if thats true or when it was. But man at NHS said its fine, its currently taking 3 weeks to process. I rang them monday and they had my number so i posted app form this morning.
Congrats and good luck to all those going to Portsmouth in September (good choice!!)
I'll be starting my second year and It's going to be all change when you and the King's dentists come!
The year has gone so fast! You'll enjoy it if you put the work in as 4 of our year haven't made it into second year.
Good luck those who are waiting on results and I'll see you in September! xx
Do you need A Levels in order to apply for the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course (Diploma) at Liverpool ?

Anybody know?

MJ
Reply 484
mickholl123
Do you need A Levels in order to apply for the Dental Hygiene and Therapy course (Diploma) at Liverpool ?

Anybody know?

MJ

No, I dont have A levels and I applied and got on for the Dip at Liverpool. I've got Dental nurse qual and 4years experience. Hope this helps. Good luck with your application. x
Reply 485
hey guys!!!!
has anyone received application for Dental Hygiene for EaStman yet?
I
rang them the other day and I was told they were taking application for 2011 but they didnt send mine :-(
Reply 486
less than a week now until results day..... :frown:
Reply 487
what results Hygiene 1?
ANYWAY GOOD LUUUUUUCK!!!XX
Reply 488
Anyone get into Portsmouth for Dental Hygiene and Therapy?
Hi yes i'm starting in sept at *portsmouth!
I havn't been able to get into halls though as they said they're full
Reply 491
leicester1
Hi yes i'm starting in sept at *portsmouth!

I'm so excited, you? I've got my accomadation sorted. I think Portsmouth doesn't allow you to apply for it unless it's your first choice.
Reply 492
Pavan*
Anyone get into Portsmouth for Dental Hygiene and Therapy?

ME!!!!! im super excited :smile: Have u started any pre reading?
Pavan*- yes I am excited!! Oh right it wasn't my first choice but I am looking to going there! Yep halls are full so like have to look at private rented accom. But not sorted that yet :s I havn't received any course details/pre reading material either, so hopefully will get that soon :smile:
Reply 494
leicester1
Pavan*- yes I am excited!! Oh right it wasn't my first choice but I am looking to going there! Yep halls are full so like have to look at private rented accom. But not sorted that yet :s I havn't received any course details/pre reading material either, so hopefully will get that soon :smile:

I have recieved a student pack, which has info. about the Uni and instructions for a Campus Card. I wanted private accomadation but thought it wud be easier not to.
Reply 495
Aliyah123
ME!!!!! im super excited :smile: Have u started any pre reading?

Nope I haven't lol. You?
Reply 496
Pavan*
Nope I haven't lol. You?

Not yet but should be starting soon :smile:
Hi, i am also starting the course in september, very nervous and excited all at the same time lols. cannot wait and i guess ill meet you all in a couple of weeks!
Im starting portsmouth in sept also. Everyone have occupational health today?
Reply 499
just wondering - all those who were accepted this year and are starting uni now (congrats by the way!) what qualifcations/dental experience do u have?

i want to apply but im not sure whter i shud apply september 11 with my a levels or spend a year doing dental related work and apply for sep 12

Quick Reply

Latest