The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

4 wins in our last 5 games with 1 defeat in 6, it's nice to be looking up instead of down the table
Birmingham 1-0 up against Hull at half-time, with Toral scoring.
Sort your **** out Tony this is getting embarrassing. That first top half finish in a decade is looking unlikely.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Coventry and Barnsley faced each other in October, when the latter were bottom. Now, both sides are level with each other and Tony Mowbray has only managed 15 points from 15 games.

Barnsley won again today putting them in the play offs.

Haven't checked the stats but surely they're far and away the best side in the league over the last 2 months form-wise?
They'll win the bloody league at this rate...
Wheels well and truly off at Coventry. Third straight league defeat, this time to Rochdale at the Ricoh.
Original post by sr90
So the guy who brought James and prime Falcao to Monaco is now investing in Reading.

I hope so :smile: Could do with the cash.
Original post by Lúcio
Barnsley won again today putting them in the play offs.

Haven't checked the stats but surely they're far and away the best side in the league over the last 2 months form-wise?
They'll win the bloody league at this rate...

Wasn't long ago they were in the relegation zone.

I hope Burton do it. Imagine Newcastle and Villa going to Burton next season ffs :lol:
Original post by sr90
Wasn't long ago they were in the relegation zone.

I hope Burton do it. Imagine Newcastle and Villa going to Burton next season ffs :lol:

See my post on the last page.

I don't support them (my mum's side of the family do) but the transformation has been unlike anything I've ever seen...
Managed to get back to MK for the QPR game today - a great performance and well deserved 3 points for MK. :biggrin:
Nervy end against Bolton, but a wins a win. Antenucci with 2 great finishes, and Bellusci had a good game too.

Massive shame about young Lewie Coyle after just breaking into the first team. Good thing Berardi is back, who after coming on was fantastic. Has that fire in him that is lacking in some other players.
In the Wimbledon vs Accrington game, the ref blew the whistle after Stanley's Billy Kee's shot, but before the shot went in, meaning the goal didn't stand. The match finished 0-0
Original post by SentryE3D
In the Wimbledon vs Accrington game, the ref blew the whistle after Stanley's Billy Kee's shot, but before the shot went in, meaning the goal didn't stand. The match finished 0-0

That's really bad. I thought refs were meant to wait for the end of the attack / phase of play before blowing the whistle?
Original post by Mackay
Wheels well and truly off at Coventry. Third straight league defeat, this time to Rochdale at the Ricoh.

I would advise a punt on relegation at this rate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ridiculous officiating at the Accrington game. Farcical.
Guess we won't be playing Coventry after all next season.
Original post by Rock Fan

You'll get to play Birmingham and Wolves though

Still a chance of facing Walsall, given their sacking of O'Driscoll. They are still 4th. They need to act quickly and appoint the right man to succeed him.
Original post by Tom_BCFC
You'll get to play Birmingham and Wolves though

True still got a couple of derby games.

Original post by Mackay
Still a chance of facing Walsall, given their sacking of O'Driscoll. They are still 4th. They need to act quickly and appoint the right man to succeed him.

I was surprised they sacked him, just a blip in form.

I was surprised they sacked him, just a blip in form.

Think they're probably thinking that this season is now or never in terms of promotion. Bradshaw will leave at the end of the season, so they need to act now or risk slipping away.
Can we please end the season now and stop the humiliation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest