The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Bornstubborn
I am sorry if you cannot see the difference between an article proving men have higher IQ and your unbeliviable claim that you have the IQ of a genius. I have taken many IQ tests and have consistently scored in the 130's. I am thinking about taking the mensa test.

Highshools are a terrible palce for boys to study. I remeber in English we had to study feminist literature. I was just a victim of a system that lets young men down. As a boy i needed a strong teacher to make sure i studied hard, i was let down by soft female teachers. Since then i have done exceptionally well in education.

I am doing mech eng, I am going to one of the best instiutions. You might have mentioned it :wink:

Yes, German engineering is world renowned, they value engineering much higher than here. I think medecine is only valued very highly in some countries. I think engineering is severly under rated in the UK and may be the reason why we are not a world engineering power house like other nations. Russian engineering is some of the best in the world, they are more advanced than the UK. Consumer goods do not necasarily reflect the top level of engineering in a nation.

Don't get upset at me because modern women are obsessed with tv shows like sex and the city. It just goes to show that modern women are brainless.

I cannot understand how this guy can be so sure of my failure in education especially when my ethnic group out performs his by a long way. He hasn't got a leg to stand on. Is that racist? do i look like a care.

You can't believe one thing on IQ and not another. I just happen to have a very IQ, one that puts me in the "genius" section. The second IQ test I took is accepted by mensa but my mum was a member and said the people were generally dull and smug - I wouldn't advice joining it. I'm willing to believe your IQ so why aren't you willing to believe mine? It's almost as though you're thinking I've lied because you've done so yourself... I think if you asked most people on this thread (and took gender completely out the equation) they would agree I'd have the higher IQ. And I do so... Nothing to prove there really.

High schools are a terrible place for boys to study? Why exactly? You had some bad teachers? Well so does everyone. At least as a boy you don't have to worry about being perved on by sex-starved male teachers who want you to come to their office after hours! haha. So you're saying you needed a teacher to make you work? Have you got no backbone or motivation of your own? Good God! Nobody has ever made me work, I do so because I want to... You get nowhere in life waiting for people to do things for you. You want to learn something then you learn it, you cannot rely on people to teach it to you. I learn that a long time ago. Unless you got AT LEAST 9 A*s/As at A-level I refuse to believe your c;aims about your intelligence. If you get a C in English it's not because your teaching was poor, it's because you can't do the subject (as Mata rightly said).

Go on, which institute are you at then? Impress me and stop being cryptic because that shows me nothing.

I agree that Engineering is under-rated in Britain and that's why our idustrial profile is suffering. But there is still more respect for Medicine in most countries and certainly is a top-earner if you're good enough.

Again reference to Sex and the City means nothing to me as I don't watch it... But you claim modern TV is brainless because of women? Let's follow your argument from earlier shall we? You say men get to top jobs NOT women so who writes the shows? Men. Who choses to make them? Men. Who puts them on TV? Men... You cannot blame women. Especially as many men watch the "female" programmes. Plus typically male programmes like sport are hardly bursting with intellect are they?

You're not rated on ethnic groups but on an individual basis. Your ethnic group might excel but that says nothing about you and judging from what you've said you don't fair anywhere near as well as the average for your ethnic group. Also how can you boast about how well your ethnic group does compared to caucasians and yet slam girls for doing better than boys? It's so hypocritical it's insane.
Reply 521
P.S. You're a racist, a sexist, a moron and an all round bigot... Well done! I hope you're just trying to be controversial and don't really act like that in real life, for your sake.

P.P.S. Learn to SPELL!
Bornstubborn
My goal in life is to run my own business. I am only studying because starting a business will be a bad idea for a few years. If the economic situation was better i probably would have just invested my money into a business.

In business you have to be nice to your customers, half of whom will be female. Whatever business you make is likely to flop.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
In business you have to be nice to your customers, half of whom will be female. Whatever business you make is likely to flop.

And i think thats probably because he doesnt seem to posess any sort of social skills.

One less idiot to worry about though.
Bornstubborn
Your comments come off as a joke.

He is intelligent and respects you. Give me a ****ing break. this actually hurts.

At least he has a working spanner in his toolkit.

I am a tool? People in this thread, a bunch of loud mouth women. Do i look like a give a ****. There is also hopping mad kangaroo on his super maths degree who thinks i am studying to be a mechanic, i stopped taking him serious when he stated engineers work as line men at manufacturing plants.

There is a difference between proper engineers and yourself. I am sure you will have a good career as a hygiene and cleanliness engineer, or whatever ridiculous title someone gives you.
munchie_rox
And i think thats probably because he doesnt seem to posess any sort of social skills.

It depends what he means by his "group". Maybe he is a rabbit or something.
Reply 526
I'd like to see the statistics on this because where I'm temping over the summer half of the directors are women and there seem to be alot of other women in management positions aswell, I cant imagine that these women are getting paid less than their male equivalents.

I think the problem, or the idea of a glass ceiling might be confined to smaller and medium sized businesses, who just cant afford to take the risk that they invest all this money into a woman who might get pregnant. I think its less discrimination and more survialism and being more risk averse.

But to answer the question, all genders deserve the same rate of pay if they're doing the same job, surely thats common sense!
Reply 527
Bornstubborn
English literature was a complete waste of time, it really taught me nothing. I guess it did teach me how pretentious of a subject english lit is and perhaps some of its students. They should have spent more time with us working on technical writing.

well, it clearly didn't fulfill one of its main aims with you, to teach students how to construct proper sentences, paragraphs and structure arguments - as is painfully clear in every one of your posts.

chemistry and physics taught me nothing of great use in my day-to-day life, but that doesn't mean I blithely dismiss them as "soft" and "useless". I'm not talented when it comes to science, though luckily I'm also not so insecure in my own academic failings as to try and write off the subjects entirely just because I'm not as good at them.

Engineering runs the world. You wouldn't be comunicating to me over your computer without engineering. Its worthwhile because you are almost gauranteed a good job.
I wonder if the world would be any worse off if English lit ceased to exist as a subject.

and where would our communication here be if you hadn't been taught English, studied books and learnt about writing and speech? of course the world would be a worse place without the culture of literature, it's a subject as old as humanity itself. illiteracy levels in this country are bad enough, even with compulsory english lessons.
Hopping Mad Kangaroo
It depends what he means by his "group". Maybe he is a rabbit or something.

thats one angry bigoted racist rabbit! But at least he only lives for 5 years lol.
munchie_rox
thats one angry bigoted racist rabbit! But at least he only lives for 5 years lol.

Unless of course he lives in his beloved Germany and gets attacked by the mystery bunny snatcher.
Reply 530
*releases Myxomatosis into the thread* That should sort it... :wink:
Reply 531
Winslow
I'd like to see the statistics on this because where I'm temping over the summer half of the directors are women and there seem to be alot of other women in management positions aswell, I cant imagine that these women are getting paid less than their male equivalents.

I think the problem, or the idea of a glass ceiling might be confined to smaller and medium sized businesses, who just cant afford to take the risk that they invest all this money into a woman who might get pregnant. I think its less discrimination and more survialism and being more risk averse.

But to answer the question, all genders deserve the same rate of pay if they're doing the same job, surely thats common sense!

I hope that there isn't a huge gender gap. I'm not sure where this pay gap is exactly... I'll make damn sure I don't get paid less than I'm worth when I eventually get on a career path! I agree that larger corporate companies are less likely to have this problem as they have more expendable money and also cannot be seen to be being sexist.

And yep, it's common sense to those of us who aren't bigoted imbeciles. :wink:
Reply 532
Lol, you may find that incorrect when you start work

I have worked a lot. I have gone into education after working. Unlike most of you i have done a lot of different jobs and i have been in the real world. I used to work as a salesman and i did a lot better with women than i did with men.

Like i said i have worked as a salesman. I know how to sell and i know a hell of a lot more than some kid who has never worked a day in his life. Most of my customers were women. I am quite good at charming women.
Yes, i will fail education then i will fail in business and live in poverty. Thanks for your very educated and knowledgable opinion.

Being a salesman isn't about beign nice all day, its a skill and like all skills it can be learned. I was a good salesman. I personally just went into character with customers and acted as charming and nice as any good salesman. I did an extremely difficult style of sale's and i had lots of success.

I am a very good speaker and have lots of confidense. So don't worry about me.

Hopping mad kangaroo, you are just a freak. When i graduate i will be a proper engineer. One from an excellent institution and undoubtedly a high score. My course is like business for me, it will be a poor investment if i get a poor score. I am aiming for a 1st but a 2:1 would be acceptable. You can doubt me all day, but that is good. I love people doubting me, nothing makes me study harder than the idea of proving people wrong. When you think nothing of studying for 8 hours a day leading to exams you get the top score's.

P.S. You're a racist, a sexist, a moron and an all round bigot... Well done! I hope you're just trying to be controversial and don't really act like that in real life, for your sake.

I love how he's getting branded as this because he disagrees with you. How classic.

All of you females who are doing what only comes natural to you (ganging up on the male like a pack of wolves because you lack the strength to deal with him alone) have forced me to step back into this discussion.

So. Unless you get an argument by at least your next post, I'm not playing this game any more. You have too little intelligence for it to be stimulating at this point. I'm going to watch Top Gear and delight in the idea that pretty soon, life is going to take you down.

I'm sorry, but I've looked at your posts on this thread, and I'm yet to find an argument. How life is going to take down Bornstubborn simply because he disagrees with you is a mystery to me. Infact, I'd probably say he stands more of a chance than most on this thread because he can stand up for himself (something most males can do) without playing the sexist, bigot or racist card.

Engineering is not ranked higher than medicine anywhere in the world. Prove it is. Everyone respects doctors across the globe. Engineering is good but not that good. Ahhh yes, lets become like the Russians! That forward-thinking, politically stable country is like a beacon of light for us all! Russian engineering is hardly the best in the world especially when you look at their track record in the 20th century... Russian was hardly a reliable thing to have stamped on goods...

For your information, we have a chronic shortage of good engineers, and without engineers you fall behind. That is a fact.

Once upon a time we were a respected country and we were at the pinpoint of aviation technology. BAC, Avro, Hawker Sidelly, BAe and Vickers are just some names off the top of my head. This was because of our engineering prowess, the only legacy left today is that we still design wings for airbus aircraft. Other countries have more than caught up though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that and got cut off the aviation gravy train once and for all. Why did we lose all this? Because of the sort of attitude you show. Politicians destroyed our thriving aviation industry and nowadays we can only look at the achievements of other countries. It's not only the aviation sector that has suffered, but a lot of engineer dependent industries.

Once you no longer have the engineers who are at the pinpoint of technology, you stop doing the lucrative work, designing, and are summoned to the donkey work, manufacturing. Or in our case, you move totally out of the frame to focus on something else, the finance sector. Funnily enough engineers are also needed for that, so unless people carry on taking the good but not that good subject of engineering, we are stuffed. Due to our pathetic business taxes, a lot of finance companies will be fleeing our pathetic country to pastures new. What will we do then?

If you look at history, it is always the people at the cutting edge of technology, the pioneers, who do well. Without engineers you cannot be at the cutting edge.

http://www.publictechnology.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4756&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Russia's engineering sector has nothing to do with its political situation. Have some logic.
Reply 534
Reblet
You can't believe one thing on IQ and not another. I just happen to have a very IQ, one that puts me in the "genius" section. The second IQ test I took is accepted by mensa but my mum was a member and said the people were generally dull and smug - I wouldn't advice joining it. I'm willing to believe your IQ so why aren't you willing to believe mine? It's almost as though you're thinking I've lied because you've done so yourself... I think if you asked most people on this thread (and took gender completely out the equation) they would agree I'd have the higher IQ. And I do so... Nothing to prove there really.

High schools are a terrible place for boys to study? Why exactly? You had some bad teachers? Well so does everyone. At least as a boy you don't have to worry about being perved on by sex-starved male teachers who want you to come to their office after hours! haha. So you're saying you needed a teacher to make you work? Have you got no backbone or motivation of your own? Good God! Nobody has ever made me work, I do so because I want to... You get nowhere in life waiting for people to do things for you. You want to learn something then you learn it, you cannot rely on people to teach it to you. I learn that a long time ago. Unless you got AT LEAST 9 A*s/As at A-level I refuse to believe your c;aims about your intelligence. If you get a C in English it's not because your teaching was poor, it's because you can't do the subject (as Mata rightly said).

Go on, which institute are you at then? Impress me and stop being cryptic because that shows me nothing.

I agree that Engineering is under-rated in Britain and that's why our idustrial profile is suffering. But there is still more respect for Medicine in most countries and certainly is a top-earner if you're good enough.

Again reference to Sex and the City means nothing to me as I don't watch it... But you claim modern TV is brainless because of women? Let's follow your argument from earlier shall we? You say men get to top jobs NOT women so who writes the shows? Men. Who choses to make them? Men. Who puts them on TV? Men... You cannot blame women. Especially as many men watch the "female" programmes. Plus typically male programmes like sport are hardly bursting with intellect are they?

You're not rated on ethnic groups but on an individual basis. Your ethnic group might excel but that says nothing about you and judging from what you've said you don't fair anywhere near as well as the average for your ethnic group. Also how can you boast about how well your ethnic group does compared to caucasians and yet slam girls for doing better than boys? It's so hypocritical it's insane.

I have controversial opinions. People would ofcourse side with you. What they don't realise is that usually the smartest men (perhaps women) often have the most controversial opinions.
Its not odd for top academics and business men to have simialar opinions to me. If they didn't why would we have a situation where women earn less.

When i was a kid; i was a hectic you would sooner see me in a fight than studying. I had a lot of testosterone in me and i was a bit wild. Really i needed a strong disciplinary teacher to make sure i studied hard and applied myself. I only had soft female teacher's who could not control me. I am a smart person and i should have been a top student (as i am now), i was most certainly let down. I know if i have any son's i will pay for them to go to private school, or atleast for tutor's. The school system in this country often lets boys down.

I think in many countries engineering is considered much higher profile. Just look at mad kangaroo he think's engineers are mechanics. Then the state wonders why people are not doing engineering degree's.

You're comparing sport to sex and the city?
I would say after academic's; sport is one of the most important activities for a person wishing to be well rounded to participate in. Although, i have a classical belief in bettering yourself mentally and physically. I love sports and i think everyone wishing to be succesful should participate in sport as it builds the mindset of a succesful person. I myself have been a champion competitor (unfuortunately i can't train for awhile).

I got a first last year, my brother got a first for his year just gone in law. My ethnicity are notorious for achieving in business and in education. I don't care if girls do well as long as boys are given a fair chance. If i had any daughter's i would expect them to do well.
The problem with white people is they are too soft, they care more about their child's feelings than getting them to succeed. Like you said, you care less about making money and more about doing an interesting course. I care about doing a course that will make me money.
If i got a low score, it'd be considered shameful, it would make me seem like a joke. This is something kangaroo boy does not understand. If i got a 2:2 the shame would travel across the world, literally. I do not even want to think about a 3rd.
Wow...Strong sides....o.o
haha i'm so not going into politics :s-smilie:
Reply 536
WithFlyingColours
I love how he's getting branded as this because he disagrees with you. How classic.

All of you females who are doing what only comes natural to you (ganging up on the male like a pack of wolves because you lack the strength to deal with him alone) have forced me to step back into this discussion.

I'm sorry, but I've looked at your posts on this thread, and I'm yet to find an argument. How life is going to take down Bornstubborn simply because he disagrees with you is a mystery to me. Infact, I'd probably say he stands more of a chance than most on this thread because he can stand up for himself (something most males can do) without playing the sexist, bigot or racist card.

For your information, we have a chronic shortage of good engineers, and without engineers you fall behind. That is a fact.

Once upon a time we were a respected country and we were at the pinpoint of aviation technology. BAC, Avro, Hawker Sidelly, BAe and Vickers are just some names off the top of my head. This was because of our engineering prowess, the only legacy left today is that we still design wings for airbus aircraft. Other countries have more than caught up though, so I wouldn't be surprised if we lost that and got cut off the aviation gravy train once and for all. Why did we lose all this? Because of the sort of attitude you show. Politicians destroyed our thriving aviation industry and nowadays we can only look at the achievements of other countries. It's not only the aviation sector that has suffered, but a lot of engineer dependent industries.

Once you no longer have the engineers who are at the pinpoint of technology, you stop doing the lucrative work, designing, and are summoned to the donkey work, manufacturing. Or in our case, you move totally out of the frame to focus on something else, the finance sector. Funnily enough engineers are also needed for that, so unless people carry on taking the good but not that good subject of engineering, we are stuffed. Due to our pathetic business taxes, a lot of finance companies will be fleeing our pathetic country to pastures new. What will we do then?

If you look at history, it is always the people at the cutting edge of technology, the pioneers, who do well. Without engineers you cannot be at the cutting edge.

http://www.publictechnology.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4756&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Russia's engineering sector has nothing to do with its political situation. Have some logic.

That is one hell of a post.

I see Engineering as the pride of a nation. Unfuortunately in this country engineering has been cast aside and ignored. These politicians do not realise the importance of engineering and will value lawyers above them.
All our major industries have been in decline, aviation, shipping etc.

We should be at the forefront of technology, however instead we are hoping Japanese or German companies build their manufactruing plant's here. Even then you still need engineer's to work in the manufacturing plants.

You are right technological advancement is what makes nations great not the ability to keep the largest percentage of old people alive. Britain used to be an engineering powerhouse and now we have most definetly fell to the way side.

When we are building fighter jets like this i would say we were better than the Russians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7W5kK6p85o&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNBEts9Xgts&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o49dX2DtbVw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GdfnTLKcvM&feature=related

The su-37 and su-47 Some of the highest level engineering the world has seen. Considered the best fighter jet on the planet.
Reply 537
Bornstubborn
I have controversial opinions. People would ofcourse side with you. What they don't realise is that usually the smartest men (perhaps women) often have the most controversial opinions.
Its not odd for top academics and business men to have simialar opinions to me. If they didn't why would we have a situation where women earn less.

When i was a kid; i was a hectic you would sooner see me in a fight than studying. I had a lot of testosterone in me and i was a bit wild. Really i needed a strong disciplinary teacher to make sure i studied hard and applied myself. I only had soft female teacher's who could not control me. I am a smart person and i should have been a top student (as i am now), i was most certainly let down. I know if i have any son's i will pay for them to go to private school, or atleast for tutor's. The school system in this country often lets boys down.

I think in many countries engineering is considered much higher profile. Just look at mad kangaroo he think's engineers are mechanics. Then the state wonders why people are not doing engineering degree's.

You're comparing sport to sex and the city?
I would say after academic's; sport is one of the most important activities for a person wishing to be well rounded to participate in. Although, i have a classical belief in bettering yourself mentally and physically. I love sports and i think everyone wishing to be succesful should participate in sport as it builds the mindset of a succesful person. I myself have been a champion competitor (unfuortunately i can't train for awhile).

I got a first last year, my brother got a first for his year just gone in law. My ethnicity are notorious for achieving in business and in education. I don't care if girls do well as long as boys are given a fair chance. If i had any daughter's i would expect them to do well.
The problem with white people is they are too soft, they care more about their child's feelings than getting them to succeed. Like you said, you care less about making money and more about doing an interesting course. I care about doing a course that will make me money.
If i got a low score, it'd be considered shameful, it would make me seem like a joke. This is something kangaroo boy does not understand. If i got a 2:2 the shame would travel across the world, literally. I do not even want to think about a 3rd.

If you were such a "hectic" child then that didn't stop you doing well in exams. If you were intelligent you would have still done well. Trust me, I was no angel at school and didn't really listen to my teachers (male or female for that matter) but I still managed to do pretty well. It doesn't come down to the teachers it comes down to you. Maybe you were a late bloomer? No shame in that, but don't blame the teachers. Plus sending your kids to private school will not change the fact that most teachers are female and also does not eliminate poor teaching. Why does the school system let boys down exactly? Do you want them to bring corporal punishment back to get them to behave? Clever boys will still do well and clever girls will still do well despite poor teaching. If the teaching is poor it will have an impact on both sexes, not just boys.

I think the term engineer does need to be seen as more than just a grease-monkey which is unfortunately the British idea of an engineer. I do think it's a worthwhile degree (I don't knock it nor do I knock any other degrees) but I know who I'd still respect more out of a medic or an engineer. I'm afraid as much as you want it to be your course is not the top course in everyone's eyes. I'm sure lots of people see their degrees as the "best".

I'm comparing sex and the city to sport on TV. Keep up with the debate. Playing sports is a worthwhile occupation (much better than sitting in front of the TV). However, watching it on TV is no less brainless than a comedy programme. In fact because of the humour/cultural references etc. in any TV programme it is more likely to be intellectually stimulating than a football match/snooker/cricket.

Be an individual and stop clinging to your ethinicity. Nobody wants a 2:2 or a 3rd :rolleyes: It's not only your "high-achieving" ethnic group that wants to do well.

And WithFlyingColours you're so right! Bornstubborn is only being called sexist because he's claiming women are stupid and will never be as good as men. As we all know that is actually very respectful to women and nobody will ever find that offensive. I'm only saying he's sexist just to disagree with him, nobody else will be bothered by his comments.
And he's not racist at all coming out with comments like:
"The problem with white people is they are too soft, they care more about their child's feelings than getting them to succeed."
Generalising a race in a derogatory manner is fine! Not at all racist!
Hell, the problem with blacks is that they are all too lazy and care more about guns and hos than actually getting anyhere in life. And the problem with asians is that they are all anally retentive and care more about money and curry than actually having meaningful relationships with anything but their calculator. But no, that's not racist. Just because you disagree with me doesn't mean these sweeping insulting comments are anything but very sound opinions eh? And calling black women ugly? That's fine too! It's a shame you've descended into defending Bornstubborn in his ridiculous assertions than actually making valid arguments like you were earlier...
I see Engineering as the pride of a nation. Unfuortunately in this country engineering has been cast aside and ignored. These politicians do not realise the importance of engineering and will value lawyers above them.
All our major industries have been in decline, aviation, shipping etc.

I agree. Too much emphasis is put on the humanity side of things in this country and it's doing nothing for us. Engineering accomplishments bring wealth to countries. Lawyers and doctors are ten a penny these days. A highly skilled engineer is of much more value to a country than a good lawyer or doctor.

You are right technological advancement is what makes nations great not the ability to keep the largest percentage of old people alive. Britain used to be an engineering powerhouse and now we have most definetly fell to the way side.

And that's exactly what these people need to understand!

Sukhoi certainly know how to make them, and they can take great pride in the fact that all of that aircraft is designed and built using Russian technology. That's engineering prowess for you. All we can do is contribute to planes like the Eurofighter, we could never make a plane all by ourselves anymore unfortunately.

I think the term engineer does need to be seen as more than just a grease-monkey which is unfortunately the British idea of an engineer. I do think it's a worthwhile degree (I don't knock it nor do I knock any other degrees) but I know who I'd still respect more out of a medic or an engineer.

People who think engineers are the same as mechanics sum up the state of this country today. Engineering is more important than medicine. There is no shortage of people studying medicine, and all doctors do is practice what they've been taught. They don't pioneer anything. Engineers on the other hand are taught the frameworks, and with that knowledge, they can come up with things that no one else has ever come up with, and hence they can pioneer.

As for women not being as good as men, it's a fact that men and women are different. They are different for a reason. That means that men are better at certain things and women are better at other things. Argue as much as you want, but that's how things are.

"The problem with white people is they are too soft, they care more about their child's feelings than getting them to succeed."

I agree with this to an extent. Racial generalisations can be correct, because like genders, different races are slightly different. From (for example) an asian's point of view I can see why someone would think that white people are too soft on their children. We get told things like 'it's all about taking part'. Would you not rather be a winner?
Reply 539
I'm glad you're back to sense there WithFlyingColours.

I agree that Engineers are pioneers much more so that Medics are BUT saving lives is more important than anything else IMO. Sure some Engineers help pioneer different ways for doing that but without doctors we would all be royally screwed. Plus all this talk of fighter jets makes me sad. Is that what's really important? War machines aren't the validation of the "most important" job... The Russian "pioneers" versus the American "pioneers" resulted in the Cold War... Nobody wants that...

Women and men are different in very slight ways but gender difference is massively over-played. Spatial awareness and Multi-tasking are the only two "differences" where there has been consistent evidence to prove one sex is better than the other. I would never, for example, say women make better parents and thus am apalled when people say men are better at business etc. The "women should stay in the home" mentality annoys me and reminds me too much of "kinder, kuche, kirche"...

Racial generalisations may well be correct to some extent but my reinforcing them it is only then making it harder for someone in a racial minority to break those expectations. Why is it that white families are at fault here then? Are perhaps some Asian families pushing their kids too hard? If you try your hardest and don't get the "best" mark you should still be proud of your personal best. And clearly Bornstubborn's family wasn't hard enough on him in high school considering his marks... So he can't exactly hit back at "white" families for the same fault. I cant see how he can insult people on being white when I'm sure he'd be horrified if we retaliated in a similar vein.

And there are no "winners" in life. It depends what parameters you set for yourself really doesn't it?

Latest

Trending

Trending