The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ama2007
Lie after lie....how can the rebels do this? kill their own children, only a lunatic would believe that.

The al-Assad government has admitted that it has stocks of chemical weapons.

But the chances that the UN inspection team will access the true sites of the chemical attacks are very slim. It took month to negotiate permission to visit the three sites around the country now. Unfortunately, the nature of chemical agents is that the traces become so faint after only a few days so as to be inconclusive.

So, I am skeptical anything can be done in time ... if chemical agents were used.
Original post by doggyfizzel
I do like the way the Western Media suddenly cares again, after a good month of Egypt being more interesting.

I have always felt it's more reflective of the human attention span, our boredom and being inured to the quotidian drone of civilian casualties in some war in some foreign distant outback over the 9 o'clock news. Prolonged wars bore most people. And the nature of the press is to appeal to our interest ...

This is a conflict that I have been arguing about for years .... I even joined a few outside Parliament months ago to propel the British government into action. I've become something of a radical when it comes to these sorts of conflicts.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 562
Original post by Lord Hysteria
The al-Assad government has admitted that it has stocks of chemical weapons.

But the chances that the UN inspection team will access the true sites of the chemical attacks are very slim. It took month to negotiate permission to visit the three sites around the country now. Unfortunately, the nature of chemical agents is that the traces become so faint after only a few days so as to be inconclusive.

So, I am skeptical anything can be done in time ... if chemical agents were used.

The UN is a bunch of Bull****ters.

no one believes them anymore, we know their games to well when they sent the inspectors who did nothing. politics is dirty! And I dont think any politics is going to save this chaos.

The syrians have given up hope on the world. They no longer ask for intervention from UK, USA or bloody france. They know what the world is cooking for them. Have you ever read the banners or their protest?

Do you know what they say?

They say we have no one but God which is true because right no there is no one doing anything for syria, they just talk the talk, this includes Saudi and other EU countries who pretend to be with the FSA.

This is a repeat of Bosnia, a repeat of hitler, we pretend we dont like blood...turns out we dont give a damn....
Original post by Ama2007
Lie after lie....how can the rebels do this? kill their own children, only a lunatic would believe that.

If they had chemical weapons they would have ended bashar long time ago...they would have ended him, trust me!! They would not waste it on children as some here claim...a very unrealistic and sadistic claim.

For AdvancV

...you are missing the point here, which is funny...you are arguing if the 1300 were all children or some of them women or what not and you are not disputing why bashar killed them or the horrific scenes of children suffocating...But thats typical of pro-assads they miss the point, they go round in circles and never actually discuss the main point.

If I said all 1300 were children that's just a wee mistake I made while typing[emphasis added] but at least am not saying that wee kids fake their own death and that's okay to kill people because they dont agree with you?

Earlier:
Original post by Ama2007
Today alone he killed 1300 KIDS WITH CHEMICAL WEAPONS!

That's all I ever commented on. That you had got that wrong. And that you were undermining yourself by being so careless with the facts. You've responded with some big frothy rants with loads of assumptions that have nothing to do with anything I've said.
(edited 10 years ago)
Like father like son. This is all an exact repeat of 1982 when Bashar's father was in control. It reminds me of a post a made a year ago on this subject.

Original post by The Epicurean
Bashar Al-Assad and many Awalites have assumed many of the positions of leadership in Syria and not by democratic means. Despite only making up approximately 12% of the demographics, they dominate the leadership roles. The majority obviously have little say in how the country is run and feel bitter towards the Alwaites. It is not quite different from the pretexts of the Rwandan genocide. Historically the Tutsi minority had been regarded as racially superior by the Germans and were thus given complete control over Rwanda despite only making up a small minority of the nation.

The events that are occurring now appear to be a repeat of 1982 where the Muslim Brotherhood tried to ignite a revolt against Hafez al-Assad with the intention to establish a ‘more religious society’. Now while I am not a supporter of religious states and believe religion and state should be separated, the reactions of Hafez al-Assad were horrendous and much similar to what we are seeing now from Bashar al-Assad. In order to stop the revolt and to scare the Sunni majority into not revolting again, he ordered the Hama massacre where he massacred tens of thousands of innocent Sunni people. Both father and son are dictators that will kill as many people as it takes in order to maintain the dictatorship. Dictators are never fair and care only about maintaining their positions of power.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Lord Hysteria
I have always felt it's more reflective of the human attention span, our boredom and being inured to the quotidian drone of civilian casualties in some war in some foreign distant outback over the 9 o'clock news. Prolonged wars bore most people. And the nature of the press is to appeal to our interest ...
On a level I would agree but I think the press is such a dominant force they have the ability to drive issues and public interest. I think people are interested in Syria, perhaps not passionate, its just quite frankly its been out of the news. I realised a while back, I didn't really know what was going on in terms of the struggle, and had to root around for some information, rather than having it blasted into my eyeballs like I have with Egypt.

This is a conflict that I have been arguing about for years .... I even joined a few outside Parliament months ago to propel the British government into action. I've become something of a radical when it comes to these sorts of conflicts.
What kind of intervention and at what level are you hoping for?
Original post by Ama2007
The UN is a bunch of Bull****ters.

no one believes them anymore, we know their games to well when they sent the inspectors who did nothing. politics is dirty! And I dont think any politics is going to save this chaos.

The syrians have given up hope on the world. They no longer ask for intervention from UK, USA or bloody france. They know what the world is cooking for them. Have you ever read the banners or their protest?

Do you know what they say?

They say we have no one but God which is true because right no there is no one doing anything for syria, they just talk the talk, this includes Saudi and other EU countries who pretend to be with the FSA.

This is a repeat of Bosnia, a repeat of hitler, we pretend we dont like blood...turns out we dont give a damn....

I think it's really important to see the UNSC as a vehicle of the five main imperial powers around the planet. It immediately evanescences any idol talk of the "international community".
Reply 567
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bDcFlxDjDY0

Please watch it if you want to get a general view of what happened last night. Be warned its not for the faint hearted

You want evidence, is this good enough for you?

I wish I could comfort them.
Reply 568
he used chemical weapons.So he built them and used them.Where is America's intervention?Or the war for Iraq's WMD was just a lie?
Reply 569
I would love to see Al-Assad taken out. He has killed hundreds of thousands of his own people. But, that's only half the problem. One good thing Assad bought was stability, yes it may not have been perfect stability but at least there wasn't a situation like there is in Egypt. If Assad is bought down the question is who replaces him? Will it be radicals who are anti-west, anti-Israel and perhaps even anti factions of their own religion (eg. Will they be anti-Sunni). Then the question is can a new government bring stability and peace to a fractured country? If not, we could see Syria turning into Egypt or worse with factions, tribes and vigilante groups vying for control. It'd be like Iraq after Saddam again. If the USA was to install a pro-western government, that would be see as a coup supported by American by most of the world, especially to Syria's allies and Russian and China. Yes, every option is filled with danger which is why we should stay out of it unless absolutely necessary.
Iraq gets destroyed for supposedly having weapons of mass destruction (mass deception) and the Syrian regime kills over 1300 people with sarin gas and all the world has is empty statements of condemnation.

This is hypocrisy on another level.
Reply 571
Original post by Tigers
he used chemical weapons.So he built them and used them.Where is America's intervention?Or the war for Iraq's WMD was just a lie?

It was all a lie, politics is full of games.

what happened to wee tony blair, he wasted all our tax on Iraq faked chemical weapons so we can have another country under our name, its a competition you see between us and america who can invade the most and who can kill the most in the middle east under the name of "War on terror" pack of lies.

The only terrorists in this world is Bashar and Obama who is supporting him behind the curtains.

When Boston was bombed we were quick to say who done it, in fact we knew who done it long before the CIA and what not cam along to investigate we just knew who caused it and made the whole world believe it BUT when 1300 die in syria in ONE DAY then Obama goes "OMG really? hmm we gonna have to look into that..." he knows its happening he knows whats happening in syria 100% of the time, he just doesnt want too do anything about it so please please stop wasting your time asking him to do anything he wont...why would he deceive his long term friend Bashar who was made by the US, as always they make hypocrites so they can destroy the arab world and then they can see oh why should we intervene its not our mess.
Ama2007--it would be greatly to your credit to think a little about what you are posting. One of the great benefits of a format such as this is that it allows you to review and rework an initial hasty reaction before posting it.

Original post by Ama2007
It was all a lie, politics is full of games.

what happened to wee tony blair, he wasted all our tax on Iraq faked chemical weapons so we can have another country under our name, its a competition you see between us and america who can invade the most and who can kill the most in the middle east under the name of "War on terror" pack of lies.
For example, do you really wish to make a serious claim that there is some sort of competition between the US and the UK to kill people in the Middle East? Really? Or is this a hyperbolic outburst that really should not have made it into the finished post?
Original post by Ama2007

The only terrorists in this world is Bashar and Obama who is supporting him behind the curtains.
Again, an absolutely ludicrous statement that could have used any thought at all. The only terrorists in the world are Bashar Assad and Barack Obama? Really? Even assuming that it is accurate to label them as terrorists, the only ones? In the world?

The problems with the rest of the post are a bit more subtle.

Original post by Ama2007

When Boston was bombed we were quick to say who done it, in fact we knew who done *it long before the CIA and what not cam along to investigate we just knew who caused it and made the whole world believe it BUT when 1300 die in syria in ONE DAY then Obama goes "OMG really? hmm we gonna have to look into that..."

I don't suppose you see any difference between these places and the sources of information we have from them that might affect our ability to know things?

Original post by Ama2007

he knows its happening he knows whats happening in syria 100% of the time, he just doesnt want too do anything about it so please please stop wasting your time asking him to do anything he wont...why would he deceive his long term friend Bashar who was made by the US, as always they make hypocrites so they can destroy the arab world and then they can see oh why should we intervene its not our mess.

Do you know anything at all about the political alignments involved? Assad an agent of America? Are you nuts? You're also ascribing a deviousness and contiguity of policy to the American administration that it simply doesn't have. Obama is floundering like a landed fish when it comes to world politics, not carrying out secret and long-term plans. Obama is not 'destroying the Arab world,' as if anybody could do a better job of that than Arabs. He is destroying American influence by making a series of inconsistent, panicky, and naive decisions, many of which involve being played like a fool by Putin.
Reply 573
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish
Ama2007--it would be greatly to your credit to think a little about what you are posting. One of the great benefits of a format such as this is that it allows you to review and rework an initial hasty reaction before posting it.

For example, do you really wish to make a serious claim that there is some sort of competition between the US and the UK to kill people in the Middle East? Really? Or is this a hyperbolic outburst that really should not have made it into the finished post?
Again, an absolutely ludicrous statement that could have used any thought at all. The only terrorists in the world are Bashar Assad and Barack Obama? Really? Even assuming that it is accurate to label them as terrorists, the only ones? In the world?

The problems with the rest of the post are a bit more subtle.

I don't suppose you see any difference between these places and the sources of information we have from them that might affect our ability to know things?

Do you know anything at all about the political alignments involved? Assad an agent of America? Are you nuts? You're also ascribing a deviousness and contiguity of policy to the American administration that it simply doesn't have. Obama is floundering like a landed fish when it comes to world politics, not carrying out secret and long-term plans. Obama is not 'destroying the Arab world,' as if anybody could do a better job of that than Arabs. He is destroying American influence by making a series of inconsistent, panicky, and naive decisions, many of which involve being played like a fool by Putin.

I say it as it is, I don't sugar coat..... and if you cannot handle the truth then that's your problem.

Do you think wars happen just like that? at a flick? do you think countries get invaded just like that? I am afraid I dont have a PhD in politics but I can tell when something is cooking!

I think you will find out that I do know a fair bit about politics and that not everything is it seems, I didnt just pick that up from reading posts on TSR :rolleyes:

Still, its my opinion you dont like it? Not my problem :smile:
Original post by Ama2007
I say it as it is, I don't sugar coat..... and if you cannot handle the truth then that's your problem.
I'm afraid that's not what you're doing; you're making clearly ludicrous statements and then doubling down when you are called out on it.

[QUOTE=Ama2007;44143308
Do you think wars happen just like that? at a flick? do you think countries get invaded just like that? I am afraid I dont have a PhD in politics but I can tell when something is cooking!

I think you will find out that I do know a fair bit about politics and that not everything is it seems, I didnt just pick that up from reading posts on TSR :rolleyes:

Still, its my opinion you dont like it? Not my problem :smile:

You don't seem to understand the very basics about the geopolitics surrounding Syria though, for example that Assad is a client of Russia and Iran, who are supporting him in an attempt to counter American dominance in the region.
Original post by AdvanceAndVanquish

You don't seem to understand the very basics about the geopolitics surrounding Syria though, for example that Assad is a client of Russia and Iran, who are supporting him in an attempt to counter American dominance in the region.

That is half the story, Assad is also protecting Israels ( which is American Dominance ) safety... if Syria was a client of Russia and Iran, then Israel will not sit back and let its north borders be at risk of an enemy.

Dont even tell me that Israel had troops on the Syrian boarder sides, the whole Qunaitra Provence is evacuated LONG time ago for the safety of Israel.

And yes its a genocide :smile: like it or not, Living in syria is different then watching the CNN news strip.
Original post by Tigers
he used chemical weapons.So he built them and used them (...)

Assad does everything to keep the power, but if this conflict and the usage of chemical weapons goes on, Assad will be the ruler of ruins and corpses... his behavior is foolish, coward and irresponsible.
Original post by moe.habibi
That is half the story, Assad is also protecting Israels ( which is American Dominance ) safety... if Syria was a client of Russia and Iran, then Israel will not sit back and let its north borders be at risk of an enemy.

Dont even tell me that Israel had troops on the Syrian boarder sides, the whole Qunaitra Provence is evacuated LONG time ago for the safety of Israel.

And yes its a genocide :smile: like it or not, Living in syria is different then watching the CNN news strip.

You think Assad, who funds and equips Hezbollah, is protecting Israel's safety? This would be the same Assad whose weapons Israel has attacked and destroyed?

I can't make out most of the rest of what you're trying to say about 'boarders' and 'Qunaitra' and 'the CNN news strip,' but come on.
Reply 578
Whoever said Syria is protecting Israel is an idiot.

Anyways, look at all the videos the rebels are posting about alleged chemical attacks. We'll presume it was sarin being used as another few alleged attacks occurred a months ago and that the weapons haven't changed.
I'm no expert but here's what I know about sarin: it kills in around 1-3 minutes on a full grown man, the littlest dosages kill, there's also a horrible dizziness that occurs since it's a nerve agent; I can even show you a video from my favourite website of a goat being killed by a small canister of sarin gas in a chemical test way back in like the 60s-70s (I felt sorry for that goat).

In all the videos where it includes a "Syrian Sunni citizen warrior" foaming out of the mouth - firstly if it was sarin: they'd be dead by then; the foaming is too white (they're blood/urine/brains are supposed to be leaking out of their mouths) plus they don't look like any of these "valiant rebels" have been hit by probably the deadliest nerve agent there is.
I also saw a video of a girl with dilated pupils screaming in pain and crying out "Assad! Assad! Assad!" and a bit of Arabic, she acted as if Assad himself went over there and shot her up with some DMT/Acid/whatever else - she also didn't look like she's been hit by a nerve agent but more of a hallucinogenic plus the corny Assad calling as if he's killing his own children is enough FSA propaganda to call it a ****ing war.

Syria's a sovereign secular country - Islamists from over 30 different countries (including a militant German underground street rapper, who reminds me of Immortal Technique) invade and are fooled to bring back an Islamic Caliphate and Syria cannot blow them to **** at all? The normal citizens are being murdered and when they fight back they are the terrorists? Assad wouldn't have lasted a month if he was genuinely killing his own people.

Also have you seen a picture of a Syrian soldier in gas masks? NO. Just Takfirists with their Khilafah headbands framing them.

NO! I'm not an Assad fanboy but daaamn he's so much better than any US politician out there (except for Ron Paul). Plus he doesn't ship out guns to terrorists - maybe the Hezbollah but as you can see the Hezbollah don't kill innocents: they kill men invading their lands. Also they're covering up the fact that UN found out that the rebels were the ones that were using some sort of chemical weaponry, this could range from chucking chlorine bleach bottles at the enemy to sarin warheads haha.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 579
Original post by Aj12
Then why is Syria so reluctant to have the UN look around?

Because it's innocent? :rolleyes:
Here dude

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23777201

It isn't a nerve agent. The "expert" used in the above link is saying a load of bull****.

http://www.euronews.com/2013/08/21/expert-casts-doubt-on-chemical-weapons-footage-from-syria/

Sorry Aj12 you are always right I shall not question your opinions nor stand against it. *bows* :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending