Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    There are refresher anatomy sessions seeing as all the anatomy was covered in year 1 but everything is pretty much new, so yes they do talk to you as if you weren't on a summer break. Having said that, CR isn't that complicated and you sorta go through it thinking "I'm sure we did this last year" as we did cover a few pathologies in year 1 pbls, but the EMQs, particularly for Resp were kinda annoying. There are a few major pathologies you sorta need to know inside out, but you'll prob have lectures and pbls (and possibly microanatomy sessions) on these.

At the beginning of each module, Dr Carroll gave as a mini talk about reading all your year 1 notes for each module before it started again. Wise words. Wish I did that. Dunno who your new head of year is since Carroll retired, but it's still a good idea to recap a few bits and pieces if you can.
    Yeah... About that... I don't have any notes... I write notes to learnt the stuff then toss 'em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Yeah... About that... I don't have any notes... I write notes to learnt the stuff then toss 'em.
    That's ok. I only made notes for Funmed and HD in first year then got lazy ever since. Just read the slides or something (if they are still on blackboard/you printed them off). You don't really need to spend that much time on year 1 stuff as there's sooooo much more to learn in second year - you do get the random year one question sometimes in exams, but it's not worth the hassle reading everything from last year in detail; a quick glance would suffice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Man)
    I don't quite get this - so more points for the people who will in essence be getting more points anyway?
    I think it's basically at the med school's discretion how they want to award those points but I'm guessing (and was told) a fair bit is going to go to those who have excellent academics. But the med school might choose to give it for best poster presentations/essays etc. if they want, not sure how it's gonna work tbh. Why couldn't they just stick with the white space questions?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/he...olleagues.htmL

ReputationRep:
    Saw the AR post this. Typical doctor-hate mongering.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Although you should be careful. I know non medics who have heard conversations between medics who have felt uncomfortable with the terms.

Is it bad that I auto-read midwives as madwives?...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    x
    Someone was sober tonight :p:

ReputationRep:
    quotes
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    x
    (Original post by calm_storms)
    x
    (Original post by Georgie Doll)
    x
    (Original post by garlicbreadman)
    x
    (Original post by killfestab)
    x
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    x
    (Original post by a moist feeling)
    x
    (Original post by gozatron)
    x
    (Original post by Wilzman)
    x
    (Original post by sweetchilli)
    x
    (Original post by resortini)
    x
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    x
    (Original post by tikkitak)
    x

Hi guys :hi:
    A little birdy told me you were all officially medical students now so welcome to our thread :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    quotes

A little birdy told me you were all officially medical students now so welcome to our thread :teeth:
    Hiya

I'm probably not *officially* a med student, havent set foot in the med school yet :moon: but thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like I'm spending tomorrow wandering around outside in the cold to 'get to know my community'. Yay.

Plus side, 9.30am start.

ReputationRep:
    *******s, looks like I can't do prion work for my lab project . Also, does anyone have this paper
    http://www.annualreviews.org/action/...rnalCode=neuro I need the review on the vesicle cycle. Trying to sort out another project....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    *******s, looks like I can't do prion work for my lab project . Also, does anyone have this paper
    http://www.annualreviews.org/action/...rnalCode=neuro I need the review on the vesicle cycle. Trying to sort out another project....
    I wrote a short paper on vesicle pools and the molecular mechanisms of release if that's any use to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hygeia)
    quotes

Finally, I don't need to stalk this thread anymore.

Proper lectures at 9 tomorrow. :teeth:

Silly art student flatmates who can sleep in till 12. I have flu but I feel like this --> :crazy:

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise freshers actually involves no uni work... in Aberdeen we were in at 9am every day during it!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Feels good to be here, has to be said :awesome:

Loving being a fresher and Ferguson, you really are a lightweight :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazylemon)
    Although you should be careful. I know non medics who have heard conversations between medics who have felt uncomfortable with the terms.
    They can ****ing bore on and listen elsewhere.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spacepirate-James)
    Finally, I don't need to stalk this thread anymore.

Proper lectures at 9 tomorrow. :teeth:

Silly art student flatmates who can sleep in till 12. I have flu but I feel like this --> :crazy:
    Manflu? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the news that Subcutaneous is applying for grad med!

Oh Lordy, the irony....makes all these years on TSR worth it!

Must reconsider applying to NE Thames now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wangers)
    Does this work:

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=...-Ye1Iah7Qdwh1A

(Iit says annual reviews in top right hand corner so this is the correct article )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FFCrusader)
    Someone was sober tonight :p:
    Oh mate, I was such a state. I didn't eat anything all day as I didn't have time between travelling and stuff. What a mistake that was. I don't remember anything past ~half 10 or something when I went to sit outside Good Sams to chunder.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.