The Student Room Group

Grow your Grades --> Chittesh's Journey!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MrMackyTv
Good luck! Hopefully all the hard work has paid off.

Thanks, yes, I hope so too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi :h:

Great to see how regularly you're updating your blog :awesome:
If you ever need any help with English lit or language you can ask me, I've taken them both for A Level and got A* at GCSE :smile: I think I made a thread that explains exam technique for both exams if you want me to dig that up :yep:
Original post by Gingerbread101
Hi :h:

Great to see how regularly you're updating your blog :awesome:
If you ever need any help with English lit or language you can ask me, I've taken them both for A Level and got A* at GCSE :smile: I think I made a thread that explains exam technique for both exams if you want me to dig that up :yep:

Thank you for being considerate & offering me help. I might send you some pieces of my work later on in the weekend. I'm currently doing 'Creative Writing'. We've already done 25% of our GCSE English Language, Creative Writing also holds another 15%. However, it is split into two sections, weighed 7.5% each. Can you send me the link to the thread that explains exam technique for both exams please, if you've got spare time? Thanks!
Original post by Chittesh14
Thank you for being considerate & offering me help. I might send you some pieces of my work later on in the weekend. I'm currently doing 'Creative Writing'. We've already done 25% of our GCSE English Language, Creative Writing also holds another 15%. However, it is split into two sections, weighed 7.5% each. Can you send me the link to the thread that explains exam technique for both exams please, if you've got spare time? Thanks!

If you PM me the creative writing I can give you some advice on how to improve it :yep:
HERE's the thread :h: If you'd like me to go into any more detail about any of the sections then quote me on that thread :smile:
Original post by Gingerbread101
If you PM me the creative writing I can give you some advice on how to improve it :yep:
HERE's the thread :h: If you'd like me to go into any more detail about any of the sections then quote me on that thread :smile:

Thanks & yeah, I'll send it to you now :biggrin:. That's such a great thread, thanks! Never knew about 'PETER' :P. Sounds great, will try to use this from now!
Thanks & yeah, I'll send it to you now :biggrin:. That's such a great thread, thanks! Never knew about 'PETER' :P. Sounds great, will try to use this from now!

That's alright, I'll mark it as soon as I can :yep:
Hey guys, I know I've stopped updating this thread for a while now. But, there was a reason to that. There is no point updating a thread daily - when you do no revision. Therefore, I stopped, I went off TSR for a few weeks too. I've had a really atrocious report this term & therefore I've really felt depressed myself... regardless of my previous grades being even worse - I've gone down in English due to a lack of concentration in lessons & tuition. I've decided to revise now and get my grades higher, I've been revising pretty solidly, still a bit of procastination & laziness, but I'll get over it soon :smile:. I've started reading books now which I never used to do before - The Kite Runner. From tomorrow, I'll start updating this again! :smile:. From today infact, as it's past 12 am hehe.
Hey guys, I know I've stopped updating this thread for a while now. But, there was a reason to that. There is no point updating a thread daily - when you do no revision. Therefore, I stopped, I went off TSR for a few weeks too. I've had a really atrocious report this term & therefore I've really felt depressed myself... regardless of my previous grades being even worse - I've gone down in English due to a lack of concentration in lessons & tuition. I've decided to revise now and get my grades higher, I've been revising pretty solidly, still a bit of procastination & laziness, but I'll get over it soon :smile:. I've started reading books now which I never used to do before - The Kite Runner. From tomorrow, I'll start updating this again! :smile:. From today infact, as it's past 12 am hehe.

It's amazing what bad grades can do to your mind! I was getting C's and D's (at times) now I'm getting mostly B's and occasionally A's. Hope it gets better for you :smile:
It's amazing what bad grades can do to your mind! I was getting C's and D's (at times) now I'm getting mostly B's and occasionally A's. Hope it gets better for you :smile:

Nice buddy, and yeah I agree it can change your mind completely. What year are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nice buddy, and yeah I agree it can change your mind completely. What year are you in?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Year 9.
Year 9.

Wow, nice :smile:. If you get GCSE grades in year 9, that's good and especially if they're that high. Is that your projected grade for GCSE?
That's quite lucky, we never used to get above Bs in year 9 unless we were super clever as we haven't learnt much of the gcse course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, nice :smile:. If you get GCSE grades in year 9, that's good and especially if they're that high. Is that your projected grade for GCSE?
That's quite lucky, we never used to get above Bs in year 9 unless we were super clever as we haven't learnt much of the gcse course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Subjects I have started my GCSE course on is Maths, Religous Studies, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. They only give us end of year projected grades but I think sometime next year people will get ideas of what they're aiming for. Well the high grades all comes down to dedicated work. I use to revise 4 hours straight but now I break it up into segments and have breaks in between just simply because it's easier and less stressful. Bear in mind that I have only just started so I don't know how I'll peform next year and in my GCSE's. :frown:
Subjects I have started my GCSE course on is Maths, Religous Studies, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. They only give us end of year projected grades but I think sometime next year people will get ideas of what they're aiming for. Well the high grades all comes down to dedicated work. I use to revise 4 hours straight but now I break it up into segments and have breaks in between just simply because it's easier and less stressful. Bear in mind that I have only just started so I don't know how I'll peform next year and in my GCSE's. :frown:

That's good, if you start easily - it's great. End of year projected grades, that sounds a bit too overpowered then. You're lucky to get them high grades in Maths then I guess, I doubt anyone can get As in past paper in Year 9 lol without learning more than half of the whole GCSE Syllabus, but then an A is not that hard to be honest. Good luck, that's a lot of revision, keep it up and you'll get all A*s :biggrin:.
That's good, if you start easily - it's great. End of year projected grades, that sounds a bit too overpowered then. You're lucky to get them high grades in Maths then I guess, I doubt anyone can get As in past paper in Year 9 lol without learning more than half of the whole GCSE Syllabus, but then an A is not that hard to be honest. Good luck, that's a lot of revision, keep it up and you'll get all A*s :biggrin:.

Thanks you too! :smile:
What a bad start to my return... to this journey.

Well, yestarday I didn't update my blog because I hadn't done any revision, so there was no point updating.

Today - 01/04/2015

I did procastinate after my 2 1/2 hours of extensive revision, I could've easily got 5-6 hours done today, but again laziness confronted me.

Nevertheless, today I revised Chemistry: C1 - 3 Modules - 14:20 - 16:00.
Also, I done Maths Revision - Revise Difficult Topics (A*) - 17:03 - 17:53.
Then, I got lazy and ended up doing R.E. Revision at 19:00 - 19:30.
After that, I didn't do any revision, I didn't feel like it, I need to overcome the laziness and really put my foot down. I'm down 3-4 hours revision, but that's because I'm waking up extremely early, at 11 am and sleeping at 1 am I should easily ace 6-7 hours...
I done a past paper for Chemistry now, which took 25 minutes - doesn't count as revision.

Tomorrow I'm planning to revise a lot seriously, I have to overcome this laziness and I will - even though I say this everyday.. lol
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
This post is to confirm that Chittesh14's grades have been verified! :banana::banana2::banana:

How do you verify grades?
Original post by jamestg
How do you verify grades?

Send a picture of your latest school report with your name and form tutor included within the picture.
Send it to Puddles the Monkey.
Send a picture of your latest school report with your name and form tutor included within the picture.
Send it to Puddles the Monkey.

Ahhhh okay!
Hello guys, I'm back.
Lazier than ever, yet I'm going to push myself and work now! - I've said this for the past 2 and a half years, yet no improvement. However, I've made a few sacrifices and let's hope they work!
Any way you could dig this up?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending