Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca-Sarah)
    I don't think I've ever printed off a lecture. Glance through it beforehand so you know what main concepts are being covered, make notes of what the lecturer says that isn't on the slide on paper, annotate powerpoint on computer if necessary to collate notes.
    I mostly print mine if they're on physiology and anatomy etc but never on psychosocial stuff, I do make lots of notes in the lecture though but it just depends on how you learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    What about anatomy though? Surely you need to have the diagrams at hand to annotate?

And annotating them on the PC at home sounds like extra unneccesary work.
    You have lectures on anatomy?! All our anatomy teaching was either hands on or tutorials.

ReputationRep:
    You have lectures on anatomy?! All our anatomy teaching was either hands on or tutorials.
    Yeah. Tends to be a blitz through on anatomy and then a lecture on physiology. Or vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)

9am PBL tomorrow and missed it on friday because I was unconscious. Need to be a better student
    All of my hard work was for nowt then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fission_Mailed)
    All of my hard work was for nowt then!
    Noo that was the friday before

Oh god. See. this is why I'm cutting back.

ReputationRep:
    We have lectures on anatomy. pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    So did we, had lectures on that part of the body e.g. upper limb in the morning which was then followed by dissection which was then followed by tutorials.

Its really useful having lectures beforehand as you understand what to look for and the different nerves, weak points et,c which is what we did in dissection and then in the tutorial we would look at the clinial aspects such as painful arc syndrome and why the movement causes pain and where.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan)
    So did we, had lectures on that part of the body e.g. upper limb in the morning which was then followed by dissection which was then followed by tutorials.

Its really useful having lectures beforehand as you understand what to look for and the different nerves, weak points et,c which is what we did in dissection and then in the tutorial we would look at the clinial aspects such as painful arc syndrome and why the movement causes pain and where.
    I like the sound of that. How often would you have these?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    :yes: Often straight before the hands on bit where the dems would show you everything/make you draw it out. The pathology was often combined with the anatomy lecture or in the anatomy lab or in a separate lecture.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkerz)
    I like the sound of that. How often would you have these?
    We have a musculoskeletal module, which is 12 sessions over the course of a semester so about 11 of these (I think the 12th session was probably a revision lecture). Our 'head & neck' module was taught in a similar way but the tutorials were longer and there wasn't any dissection - only prosections whilst being taught in the dissection room.

ReputationRep:
    Histology is doing my nut in already.

"Here are 200 pictures of pink non-keratinized stratified squamous epithelium. Guess which part of the stomach each one came from".

ReputationRep:

"Here are 200 pictures of pink non-keratinized stratified squamous epithelium. Guess which part of the stomach each one came from".
    Histology and I are not going to be friends either :battle:

ReputationRep:

im glad someone else feels the same about histology

ReputationRep:

"Blue is bad."

/histology

ReputationRep:
    Right. I give up on medicine. Going to spend my nights drinking out my liver through my oesophagus. YAY! Also, at least that way, I'd see more anatomy than on this course.

Spoiler:
    Show
    I jest, of course. I love(ish) this course. And I'm quite enjoying PBL(ish). Most of the society stuff seems totally ridiculous at this present point in time. Words for the sake of words etc... :fluffy:
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can't remember if I've already mentioned this but my mentor isn't around so tomorrow no lectures until 11 :sogood:

Survived first PBL :awesome:

Some of my flatmates and I have reached a new level of 'cool'...

House parties... not flat parties where you drink copious amounts of alcohol.. we get together to watch house in someone's room

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    Can't remember if I've already mentioned this but my mentor isn't around so tomorrow no lectures until 11 :sogood:

Survived first PBL :awesome:

Some of my flatmates and I have reached a new level of 'cool'...

House parties... not flat parties where you drink copious amounts of alcohol.. we get together to watch house in someone's room

:getmecoat:
    You should have played more FIFA then mate
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a moist feeling)
    You should have played more FIFA then mate
    I think we have learnt that me and FIFA do not mix

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penguinsaysquack)
    I think we have learnt that me and FIFA do not mix
    You'll have to learn at some point *cough* 6-0 *cough*
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a moist feeling)
    You'll have to learn at some point *cough* 6-0 *cough*
    :ashamed:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.