Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oggz)
    It amuses me when I'm bored.
    'In my day' bored people on the internet were signnificantly more amusing...

ReputationRep:
    Mods: this must be the only Society thread on TSR where the mods are deleting "spammy" posts from regulars and giving out warnings. I accept there must be rules and such for genuinely irritating "spam" but seriously, when regulars do it in their own society threads, surely this is not the same.

I've had numerous posts deleted from the Med Students' Soc thread with warnings that I thought would be funny and wanted to share with other regulars. I'm assuming they were appreciated by other members, as they were consistently positively repped. I post in several other "Society" threads on TSR and amusing no-text funny images are part of the atmosphere. In my experience, it has only been the Med Students' thread where the mods take action against this kind of stuff. What else are Society threads for besides a bit of moaning, light humour and banter?

I think the mods here are being heavy handed tbh, maybe I should stop whining.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone here about the urologist caught doing circumcisions?

He got the sack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Mods: this must be the only Society thread on TSR where the mods are deleting "spammy" posts from regulars and giving out warnings. I accept there must be rules and such for genuinely irritating "spam" but seriously, when regulars do it in their own society threads, surely this is not the same.

I've had numerous posts deleted from the Med Students' Soc thread with warnings that I thought would be funny and wanted to share with other regulars. I'm assuming they were appreciated by other members, as they were consistently positively repped. I post in several other "Society" threads on TSR and amusing no-text funny images are part of the atmosphere. In my experience, it has only been the Med Students' thread where the mods take action against this kind of stuff. What else are Society threads for besides a bit of moaning, light humour and banter?

I think the mods here are being heavy handed tbh, maybe I should stop whining.
    My post about wanting a family got deleted just because I included Forever Alone. I agree with you entirely.

Weak moderation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)
    My post about wanting a family got deleted just because I included Forever Alone. I agree with you entirely.

Weak moderation.
    That's ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    That's ridiculous.
    inb4 we're warned for discussing moderation.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    We should be able to write whatever spammy spam in a society chat thread - unless we really want two threads - one serious and one chatty...

In other news - being 5 days before your SBA and 6 before osce and not knowing half the topics = bad right? :/ :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodspeedGehenna)

Weak moderation.
    Dude, what? That's absurd. Didn't you even post text in that post as well?

It's a chat thread. If we only used it to discuss medical questions it would be boring as hell. Hell, the family post was actually RELEVENT to medicine as you're a graduate so that's like a typical worry somebody would want to talk about.
    • PS Helper

my handwriting is neat, tidy yet still pretty illegible because of it's style. bah. watch me prepare for the professional world!

ReputationRep:
    I rarely post anything all that relevant in here. Relevant is for threads with questions in the OP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbowbex)
    my handwriting is neat, tidy yet still pretty illegible because of it's style. bah. watch me prepare for the professional world!
    You're going to be a doctor. Legible handwriting isn't necessary!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RollerBall)
    Dude, what? That's absurd. Didn't you even post text in that post as well?

It's a chat thread. If we only used it to discuss medical questions it would be boring as hell. Hell, the family post was actually RELEVENT to medicine as you're a graduate so that's like a typical worry somebody would want to talk about.
    Tru dat.

ReputationRep:
    Group admins, y u no accept my join request yet

ReputationRep:
    This is not the place to discuss warnings but you are more than welcome to make a thread in AAM.

ReputationRep:
    Think I'm finally getting the feel for doing cannulas properly, got some practice with the F1 on call last night so feeling pretty chuffed with that.

Really can't be arsed to finish my SSC, it must be said. I'd rather doss about on the gastro ward.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talexe)
    Group admins, y u no accept my join request yet
    Sorry, I'm a bit rubbish at checking the join requests - I've done it now. Doesn't make much difference overall though, I don't check if people are "on the list" when posting here, just that they're actually at med school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lekky)
    This is not the place to discuss warnings but you are more than welcome to make a thread in AAM.
    Well hopefully we can stop them in the first place by clarifying the situation that this is indeed a society chat thread, so there is no such thing as derailing... or if you're feeling really draconian making a separate chatty thread.
    So one word answers, images, silly comments should all be legit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Philosoraptor)
    Well hopefully we can stop them in the first place by clarifying the situation that this is indeed a society chat thread, so there is no such thing as derailing... or if you're feeling really draconian making a separate chatty thread.
    So one word answers, images, silly comments should all be legit.
    :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Fml I just got out of bed.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.