Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Have an effect* :mmm:

That's because that's not what happens... If you've gotten Us all round, you'll get a U.

That's good
    No its a stupid system both could get an A at AS then one could get extremely lazy and then both fall ill in march. The system doesn't account for the little things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by needtosucceed=))
    could you check what full ums was in buss1, buss2 and buss4 please.
    Hey how do you feel about the OCR Chemistry F322 grade boundary 82/100 for an A? Good luck with your results

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow, this thread is really blowing up! How many pages do we normally get to before a new one is created?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunny96)
    Morning, have any of the boundaries been released? I don't wanna sift through like 30 pages

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Felix Felicis;43951514]53/75 for an A in geog :teeth: Dem boundaries :sexface:
    I saw that and was so relieved! B-e-a-utiful grade boundaries for geog!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    Hey how do you feel about the OCR Chemistry F322 grade boundary 82/100 for an A? Good luck with your results

Posted from TSR Mobile
    hey again!
    I feel theyre too high, 79 would have been more appropriate. still hoping i got an A though. How do you feel?
    good luck to you to!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    I'm aware of that but the offer specifically states that I should get an A in maths, which I doubtI will. So I will end up with A*A*AAB and the offer is AAA (including A in maths).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Probably but I'm not sure. Honestly you shouldn't have taken that many a-levels it would've rather being more safe and sensible to do 3 a-levels and achieve high grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    No its a stupid system both could get an A at AS then one could get extremely lazy and then both fall ill in march. The system doesn't account for the little things
    January exams. ISAs.

How many situations like this are there? Not many, let it he.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Oh my God...school just rang asking me to read my results on the radio...I said yes...HELP.
    Probably a good sign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mkhat94:))
    What's one of those? :confused:
    what? its a medical proof letter...

or ocd? u know what?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneha.vag)
    I'm aware of that but the offer specifically states that I should get an A in maths, which I doubtI will. So I will end up with A*A*AAB and the offer is AAA (including A in maths).

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I imagine they would let you in, unless they were heavily over-subscribed already.

ReputationRep:
    I thought buss2 was okay, bit short on time though! buss1 are pretty good boundaries, 4marks less for an A than last june
    I only sat BUSS1 once back in June last year..should've really resat looking back. Did you not sit BUSS3?

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone else on here who can't stop checking TSR (even when they shouldn't be!) for a glimpse of the Edexcel History boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    I think she was referring to the part about the subject specific requirement i.e. maths
    Yes, I was referring to the subject specific requirement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wow all of you reckon it's a good sign? I'm always worried because my school tend to forget who I am mostly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Probably a good sign.
    Probably? I doubt they'll let her go on live radio to embarrass herself due to disappointment!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    I imagine they would let you in, unless they were heavily over-subscribed already.
    Thanks. Hearing that kind of put my mind at ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 002)
    Is there anyone else on here who can't stop checking TSR (even when they shouldn't be!) for a glimpse of the Edexcel History boundaries?
    /waves

This exam = whether I go to uni or not.

ReputationRep:
    could you check what full ums was in buss1, buss2 and buss4 please.
    buss1 46/60, buss2 65/80 and buss4 67/80

ReputationRep:
    The whole illness system is even worse at some unis; she goes to Reading, and got extra marks on one of her exams because her boyfriend broke up with her.

I don't know if being given an automatic B or C is a good idea, because it doesn't reflect how well the candidate could have done for better or worse, even if it's the easy way around it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.